|OT| PSO2 - New Genesis | Phantasy Star Online 2-2

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Shopping plaza, there is announcement in top of your screen when is coming soon.

Reactions: Blu
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I still need to attend the Persona 3 dancing event to get the Morgana outfit, and the last chance I've got is tomorrow, in the middle of a meeting.

• Sad
Reactions: PhaZZe

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I still need to attend the Persona 3 dancing event to get the Morgana outfit, and the last chance I've got is tomorrow, in the middle of a meeting.

Wednesday we're getting the urgent quest and concerts schedule for the 2nd half of August, it's likely that more Persona concerts will be included, since the Persona AC scratch only ends on September 9.

Reactions: texhnolyze
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Wednesday we're getting the urgent quest and concerts schedule for the 2nd half of August, it's likely that more Persona concerts will be included, since the Persona AC scratch only ends on September 9.
Oh, that's really great to hear lol. I guess the outfit prices will continue to go down too. Good.

But just in case, I'll try to attend the concert while being AFK. I use my laptop for Zoom meetings, so the PC will be free. After looking for some more info, it looks like I can simply be there without having to play the mini game.

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Free 2 million exp? About time.

The road to level 80 has been pretty rough. The exp bar moves veeeery slowly. :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
i need the schedule for the second half of August! i only need to complete beach wars for the bingo! :(

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

soo 2 new urgent quest? some urgent quest require an item? mmm news to me

The schedule for august part 2

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

soo 2 new urgent quest? some urgent quest require an item? mmm news to me

The schedule for august part 2

The urgent quests in the schedule don't require items, the triggers are items that allow a player to start an urgent quest at any time outside of the schedule (only one run per trigger though).

But yeah, 2 new urgent quests, one of them (Dignity of Steel Unleashed) has been available through triggers only for the past 2 weeks, but starting this week it'll be in the schedule.

• Love

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
looks like more countries added in steam

Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Estonia, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Slovenia, Aland Islands, American Samoa, Anguilla, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bermuda, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jersey, Martinique, Mayotte, Mexico, Montserrat, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Reunion, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Spain, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tokelau, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands, Great Britain, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Wallis and Futuna

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Wow, it's Battleship Yamato collaboration! :face-screaming-in-fear:

There's a chance for more anime franchise collabs after all. Evangelion plz.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Wow, it's Battleship Yamato collaboration! :face-screaming-in-fear:

There's a chance for more anime franchise collabs after all. Evangelion plz.
The Battleship Yamato boss fight is not a part of a collaboration, it's an actual boss fight from the PSO2 story. xD

There was a Battleship Yamato collab in the JP version unrelated to this boss though (cosmetics only).

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
The Battleship Yamato boss fight is not a part of a collaboration, it's an actual boss fight from the PSO2 story. xD

There was a Battleship Yamato collab in the JP version unrelated to this boss though (cosmetics only).
Oh, really? I haven't been that far into the story.

It's probably the worst storytelling system I've seen in gaming, going back and forth in the menu to watch a random NPC babbling for a couple of minutes in a cutscene. I missed the original storytelling from the early days of PSO2. I really should just skip everything since I've watched the anime anyway.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Oh, really? I haven't been that far into the story.

It's probably the worst storytelling system I've seen in gaming, going back and forth in the menu to watch a random NPC babbling for a couple of minutes in a cutscene. I missed the original storytelling from the early days of PSO2. I really should just skip everything since I've watched the anime anyway.
Parts of the story were skipped in the anime, mostly the Amduskia related chapters and the whole Episode 3 will be important for Episode 6.

But yeah, the way the story is handled is pretty bad in alot of parts, some parts would make more sense if SEGA didn't cut some playable parts in ep 1 and 2.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
There's an update for the game today, for those not using tweaker, if you see the launcher with a progress bar with numbers x/9xxxx, don't worry, the launcher is not redownloading the whole game, it's just doing a full filecheck before the update.

Reactions: PhaZZe and Cacher
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I just learned about gshade earlier today and wow, the difference can be huge

Nvm that, the SSR looks bad in desert and snowy areas. I only use AO, AA, and some sharpening now.

Also, Steam campaign rewards are now completed. I love the mag.

Last edited:
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
ohh man i want that portal 2 wheatley, how you unlock it, i got the hl2 skin (gordon and alyx) but nothing about portal 2
Unlike the costumes and emotes, there's no requirements for wheatley mag reward.

They're probably still sending it in waves, or check the title NPC if you haven't done it yet.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Unlike the costumes and emotes, there's no requirements for wheatley mag reward.

They're probably still sending it in waves, or check the title NPC if you haven't done it yet.
Got it Got it, looks great! Thanks!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Uh I suppose I'm near the end of episode 1 with all the shit that is hitting the fan. Classic but it's good enough to keep me interested.
Now if only I just hadn't found that if you S an event battle in hardcore you get SG, that would have been cool.

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Finally reached level 80 for my ranger last night. Phew.

I guess I'm gonna take it easy from here with hunter. I love it that you can use a rifle and use ranger techs as a hunter. It's basically still a ranger this way. Other MMOs should copy this class and sub-class concept.

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I've been playing as a braver with a bow after I reached the level cap with my ranger for a few days now. I also changed my overall look.

Anyway, I've read a bit of a guide before for bow, and they say that I"m not supposed to spam Million Storm, but I feel like it's the most efficient way of dealing damage with the bow. I've tried utilizing Master Arrow, Penetrate Arrow, and Explosive Arrow, but they're too much a hassle to setup and execute. In the end, I spend more time killing the enemies using those PAs compared to Million Storm.

When it comes to bossing though, Banishing Arrow and Chase Arrow combo does wonders. But still, I'm still not sure whether I should use Million Storm or Master Arrow for the main damage dealer. Final Nemesis is not quite practical in most situations.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I've been playing as a braver with a bow after I reached the level cap with my ranger for a few days now. I also changed my overall look.

Anyway, I've read a bit of a guide before for bow, and they say that I"m not supposed to spam Million Storm, but I feel like it's the most efficient way of dealing damage with the bow. I've tried utilizing Master Arrow, Penetrate Arrow, and Explosive Arrow, but they're too much a hassle to setup and execute. In the end, I spend more time killing the enemies using those PAs compared to Million Storm.

When it comes to bossing though, Banishing Arrow and Chase Arrow combo does wonders. But still, I'm still not sure whether I should use Million Storm or Master Arrow for the main damage dealer. Final Nemesis is not quite practical in most situations.
On JP, uncharged Piercing Arrow is used alot together with a special augment that shoots automatic Chase Arrows when doing PAs (these go well together with Banishing Arrow). Master Shot is also used uncharged sometimes, but not as much as Piercing Arrow.
Final Nemesis is used during bosses downtimes, when a player knows the boss patterns really well.
Crafted Strike Bomber also has a few occasional uses on specific situations.

Last edited:
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Additional New Genesis info!

On JP, uncharged Piercing Arrow is used alot together with a special augment that shoots automatic Chase Arrows when doing PAs (these go well together with Banishing Arrow). Master Shot is also used uncharged sometimes, but not as much as Piercing Arrow.
Final Nemesis is used during bosses downtimes, when a player knows the boss patterns really well.
Crafted Strike Bomber also has a few occasional uses on specific situations.

Wow, thanks. That augments sounds too good to be true, I guess it's not yet available in EN.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Additional New Genesis info!

Wow, thanks. That augments sounds too good to be true, I guess it's not yet available in EN.
Yeah, it's not on EN yet, that special augment is Ep6 content.

NGS news:
Interesting that it's all in the same client, accessing NGS will be kinda like accessing the challenge or battle blocks, I guess,
The limitations between old and new cosmetics is something that I expected (like no moving fingers in old outfits, or not being able to mix and match some of the old cosmetics with new ones), I'm just glad that we can still use the old outfits at all,

Also I'm glad we can still use old hairstyles in the new NGS head models (while the old head models will still be usable, the new ones will have more customization options).

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yeah, it's better than expected actually, so ideal. I never thought that it'll be as easy as changing blocks to switch between OG and NG.

The other stuff about cosmetics sounds great too. Can't wait!

• Love
Reactions: ezodagrom
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Looking into it, are Mission Passes just Battle Passes?
Yeah, basically.

There are 2 tiers for the rewards, free and gold. To unlock the gold rewards, you need the gold pass ticket (200 SG). It's totally worth it though, and you can get SG too from the rewards.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Yeah I haven't dipped into PSO2 enough but the game seems to be up my alley to be worth getting. Just wish I had some more free time.

It says it ends on 08/29 but do they mean 09/29? So it will last about a month?

Last edited:
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yeah I haven't dipped into PSO2 enough but the game seems to be up my alley to be worth getting. Just wish I had some more free time.

It says it ends on 08/29 but do they mean 09/29? So it will last about a month?
Yes, it usually lasts for a month. It's not hard to accomplish, you should able earn everything by playing naturally. There are some specific objectives to earn the rewards faster.

The date is probably bugged, the endtime has already passed lol.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Urgent Quest schedule for the next 2 weeks:
https://pso2.com/news/urgent-quests/urgentquestschedule0901

- For this week, the new addition to the schedule is an enhanced version of the Profound Darkness fight plus a solo rematch in the 2nd half. The rematch is introducing Union Boosters, an item that is required to upgrade the Ray series equipment into the Union series. The rematch is XH only.
https://pso2.com/news/announcements/newuqbarrenblossomcorruptor

- Next week the Episode 4 final boss is being added, plus a 4 player rematch in the 2nd half. The rematch has a 5 deaths limit for the whole party, if the limit is reached, the quest fails. If I'm not mistaken, the rematch is XH only.
Both the regular urgent and the rematch have a 5 minutes DPS check at the very end, failing the DPS check also fails the quest.
https://pso2.com/news/announcements/newuqdeusesca

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Woah, I guess I should stop messing around with my braver and start investing in Ray AR. What about that Spread Needle AR, any good?

Too bad that the Urgent Quests are still mostly the same. Lame.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Woah, I guess I should stop messing around with my braver and start investing in Ray AR. What about that Spread Needle AR, any good?

Too bad that the Urgent Quests are still mostly the same. Lame.
The upgraded version of Ray weapons are still weaker than Nemesis/Slave, they'll get outdated really fast at the start of Episode 5. The Union weapons are comparable to the weapons that drop from the Mother urgent.
Also the solo rematch (which gives Union Boosters) is pretty hard, if it's the same as JP, there's a 20 mins time limit and the requirement for S rank is 12 mins.

Next week's urgent, the final Ep4 boss, its 13* weapons are close to Nemesis/Slave tier (Nemesis/Slave were added way too early in the EN version).

Spread Needle is nice, its potential turns normal attacks into spread shots, but at this point of the game it's extremely rare (like, maybe a handful of them drop per week at best in the whole server). They'll become alot more common in Episode 5, but at the very end of Ep5 they'll become outdated (when 15* weapons are introduced).

Personally I'm just using one of the Yamato weapons for now, a Quotz rod, as a temporary weapon until Episode 5. When the first urgent boss of Ep5 releases, that's when I would recommend to start investing into weapons more seriously, the 13* weapons that drop from that Ep5 boss are upgradeable into 14*, and by the end of Ep5 they'll be upgradeable into 15*.

EDIT: Related to the last bit, there's 3 series of weapons that have long term upgrade paths all the way until mid~late Episode 6.
1 - Nemesis and Slave, together with 2 other series of weapons that haven't been released yet on the EN version. All 4 weapons will be needed for the upgrade.
2 - Weapons that drop from the first Ep5 urgent boss and the Ep5 expedition.
3 - Weapons that drop from the final Ep5 urgent boss and from the Ep5 version of Falz mid-forms (like, Falz Hyunal, but the Ep5 versions of them).

Neither of these will be the very best by the end of Ep6, but they'll still be high tier weapons. Also, the 2nd and the 3rd series will have limitations on how many can be acquired (one of the needed mats will have extremely rare drop rates, but it'll also have limited distributions, like getting 1 from title rewards and other methods).

Last edited:
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
The upgraded version of Ray weapons are still weaker than Nemesis/Slave, they'll get outdated really fast at the start of Episode 5. The Union weapons are comparable to the weapons that drop from the Mother urgent.
Also the solo rematch (which gives Union Boosters) is pretty hard, if it's the same as JP, there's a 20 mins time limit and the requirement for S rank is 12 mins.

Next week's urgent, the final Ep4 boss, its 13* weapons are close to Nemesis/Slave tier (Nemesis/Slave were added way too early in the EN version).

Spread Needle is nice, its potential turns normal attacks into spread shots, but at this point of the game it's extremely rare (like, maybe a handful of them drop per week at best in the whole server). They'll become alot more common in Episode 5, but at the very end of Ep5 they'll become outdated (when 15* weapons are introduced).

Personally I'm just using one of the Yamato weapons for now, a Quotz rod, as a temporary weapon until Episode 5. When the first urgent boss of Ep5 releases, that's when I would recommend to start investing into weapons more seriously, the 13* weapons that drop from that Ep5 boss are upgradeable into 14*, and by the end of Ep5 they'll be upgradeable into 15*.

EDIT: Related to the last bit, there's 3 series of weapons that have long term upgrade paths all the way until mid~late Episode 6.
1 - Nemesis and Slave, together with 2 other series of weapons that haven't been released yet on the EN version. All 4 weapons will be needed for the upgrade.
2 - Weapons that drop from the first Ep5 urgent boss and the Ep5 expedition.
3 - Weapons that drop from the final Ep5 urgent boss and from the Ep5 version of Falz mid-forms (like, Falz Hyunal, but the Ep5 versions of them).

Neither of these will be the very best by the end of Ep6, but they'll still be high tier weapons. Also, the 2nd and the 3rd series will have limitations on how many can be acquired (one of the needed mats will have extremely rare drop rates, but it'll also have limited distributions, like getting 1 from title rewards and other methods).
I see.

I'm not lucky with the Nemesis/Slave grind, still no rifle/bow drop for me. So I guess the Yamato weapon is my best choice for now.

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
There's also the Mother weapons (Astra series), they're better than the Yamato weapons, but no idea how common they are, or how much they cost in the player shops.
Yeah, the content is still new and they're very pricey atm.

But wait, how about the Elder Rifle? I believe it was the previous best weapon before Nemesis arrived.