Opinion Queen of eating

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
lashman Nahkapukki

Pizza i take all the toppings i have and eat the pizza then toppings after.

Sandwich ill make it all normally and when i eat it ill eat top layer bread separate then other parts after.

Big mac or a burger in general ill eat it in stages of bun content inside then bottom bun.

Sausage rolls ill eat the outside then inside.

Pretty much anything that has layers ill most likely eat it in parts.

I use to eat a curry with chicken cooked separate to all the sauce etc.

Burger sauce \ thousand island dressing on roast dinner with gravy etc too.

Chicken nuggets dipped in ice cream etc.

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
:jj_wtf:
but I see no issue with this. Enjoy your food in whatever way you please!
Besides my affinity for stray cats, I know I have a few weird food quirks but I just can't think of them at the moment. Hmmm

Reactions: lashman

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
lashman Nahkapukki

Pizza i take all the toppings i have and eat the pizza then toppings after.

Sandwich ill make it all normally and when i eat it ill eat top layer bread separate then other parts after.

Big mac or a burger in general ill eat it in stages of bun content inside then bottom bun.

Sausage rolls ill eat the outside then inside.

Pretty much anything that has layers ill most likely eat it in parts.

I use to eat a curry with chicken cooked separate to all the sauce etc.

Burger sauce \ thousand island dressing on roast dinner with gravy etc too.

Chicken nuggets dipped in ice cream etc.
Reported for WHY?!! :D

Teggy

Patiently waiting for Wet 2
Dec 2, 2018
Without judging (and I really want to)...at minimum this sounds really messy.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I thought you were supposed to eat all the pieces of food together. Otherwise, what's the point of combining them all in a single dish? Of course, you can take out things you don't like, but eating them separately is so weird. It's like drinking a bit of ketchup and then taking a bite of the hot dog. You don't do that, you just put the ketchup over the sausage and eat it all combined.

Without judging (and I really want to)...at minimum this sounds really messy.
If you're not judging the hell out of other people, you're doing it wrong.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I absolutely hate to have dirty hands, so there is no such thing as finger foods to me. Even snacks, I will eat them with a fork or chopsticks.

I only drink bagged tea that I made myself. (I make my own teabags basically.)

I don't eat soup, but stew is okay.

I do not add sugar or salt to anything. I believe that both of these are provided in ample quantity or even excess already by prepared foods and by nature.

I don't eat bread that I haven't sliced myself.

Due to never wanting to touch my food, everything must reasonably fit on the end of a fork or between chopsticks. Everything I eat is therefore cut into bite-size chunks or prepared as such beforehand.

I don't know if these are quirks, so much as me just being a picky asshole though. :p

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Ok now I’m judging
No wait, but ketchup and sausages were meant to go together since times immemorial. Don't tell me you're one of those who puts mustard —or worse, mayo— on your hot dog.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I absolutely hate to have dirty hands, so there is no such thing as finger foods to me. Even snacks, I will eat them with a fork or chopsticks.

I only drink bagged tea that I made myself. (I make my own teabags basically.)

I don't eat soup, but stew is okay.

I do not add sugar or salt to anything. I believe that both of these are provided in ample quantity or even excess already by prepared foods and by nature.

I don't eat bread that I haven't sliced myself.

Due to never wanting to touch my food, everything must reasonably fit on the end of a fork or between chopsticks. Everything I eat is therefore cut into bite-size chunks or prepared as such beforehand.

I don't know if these are quirks, so much as me just being a picky asshole though. :p
still sounds better than what Queen's doing with her food! :p

Teggy

Patiently waiting for Wet 2
Dec 2, 2018
No wait, but ketchup and sausages were meant to go together since times immemorial. Don't tell me you're one of those who puts mustard —or worse, mayo— on your hot dog.
Mustard is the only allowed condiment on sausages of any kind. My wife makes a bacon wrapped sausage in maple bbq sauce that is allowed. Or submerged in baked beans. Definitely not mayo. Ketchup is for burgers!

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I've tried thinking really hard, but i can't think of any weird habits of mine.
Guess i'm boring.

I'm like a trashcan, i eat everything and anything.

Sugar i can understand, but salt?
Legit can't think of anything that's not improved by adding some salt.

Also, how does slicing your bread work if you don't touch it? Or is that an exception?

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Sugar i can understand, but salt?
Legit can't think of anything that's not improved by adding some salt.

Also, how does slicing your bread work if you don't touch it? Or is that an exception?
I just feel like I get enough salt from other sources. Like Tamari for exmaple, just 1 spoonful is already 700mg Sodium.

During food prep I wear nitrile gloves, so I should clarify that I don't touch things with my bare skin. And for stuff like bread, as long as it's not greasy I don't mind touching the crust to slice it because there is rarely any residue or anything that transfers to skin from breadcrust. Sometimes flour I guess, but my biggest issue by far is with grease, blood, and sticky/slimey stuff. It drives me up a wall.

This is the way I must live though because I otherwise go into handwashing OCD and don't stop scrubbing 'til I bleed. I did this as a child many times so my hands have lots of scars. :(

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I just feel like I get enough salt from other sources. Like Tamari for exmaple, just 1 spoonful is already 700mg Sodium.

During food prep I wear nitrile gloves, so I should clarify that I don't touch things with my bare skin. And for stuff like bread, as long as it's not greasy I don't mind touching the crust to slice it because there is rarely any residue or anything that transfers to skin from breadcrust. Sometimes flour I guess, but my biggest issue by far is with grease, blood, and sticky/slimey stuff. It drives me up a wall.

This is the way I must live though because I otherwise go into handwashing OCD and don't stop scrubbing 'til I bleed. I did this as a child many times so my hands have lots of scars. :(
I'm sorry to hear about it.
Is this germaphobia or more related to things you can actually feel and see when you touch them?

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I'm sorry to hear about it.
Is this germaphobia or more related to things you can actually feel and see when you touch them?
My germaphobia is very mild I think, because I understand on a scientific level how germs work and how you can defend against them. So long as I have access to gloves, masks, anti-bacterial soaps and stuff I am fine. I guess if I ever lost that stuff I would be in a load of trouble though lol.

On that note however, I guess I am unsure of the scientific reason for the trigger in my brain that makes me scrub my hands clean if they get dirty. It's like if I feel something on my skin that isn't normal, that isn't me, I can't stop thinking about it until it is gone. I don't feel comfortable, and fear kicks in too, because if I'm in a situation where I can't just walk away from someone or something to wash my hands... I get classic signs of fear, like I start to sweat and shake, my blood feels really warm, my stomach feels weird and my breaths get shorter, etc...

ListeningGarden

目をそらした瞬間
Nov 12, 2018
I eat pizza with a fork and knife.

And pineapple.

And I dab the grease off with a napkin beforehand.

In general, I eat a lot of sticky/oily foods with utensils. For whatever reason, I can't seem to ever quite get my hands clean enough to my liking just after food prep or eating something like that with my hands. Don't like the sensation of either on unexpected objects like keyboards, controllers, phones... though I also really love the process of cooking and like to be hands on with it, so some days it can't be helped.

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018

And pineapple.

In general, I eat a lot of sticky/oily foods with utensils. For whatever reason, I can't seem to ever quite get my hands clean enough to my liking just after food prep or eating something like that with my hands. Don't like the sensation of either on unexpected objects like keyboards, controllers, phones... though I also really love the process of cooking and like to be hands on with it, so some days it can't be helped.
I'm the total opposite lol, I mostly eat everything with my hands and end up with my fingers all greasy and dirty.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

And pineapple.

nothing wrong with that tbh

it's the same for me

I'm the total opposite lol, I mostly eat everything with my hands and end up with my fingers all greasy and dirty.

Reactions: Gevin
OP

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
I use to put milk on steak.

If i have fried eggs ill cut all the white out.

If i have sausages with batter on or cod ill eat the batter first.

Maxi

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Can I report Queen's posts?! Milk on steak :unsure:

Eating layers separately sounds like a chore! Plus you miss the combo of all the sauces, grease, bread and meat mixed together!

I don't think I have any oddities when eating. In my younger years I used to eat ramen sandwiches or made up a bunch of random "meals" with what ever was left in my cupboard with varying success.

Not really that odd but I'm surprised how many people haven't tried chips, cheese and gravy in their life!

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Not really that odd but I'm surprised how many people haven't tried chips, cheese and gravy in their life!
The less people try cheese, the better.

I swear, once I become the world's dictator, the first thing I'm doing is banning that thing forever. The second one is making myself millionaire and resigning, as I'm too lazy to be a proper dictator.

ListeningGarden

目をそらした瞬間
Nov 12, 2018
The less people try cheese, the better.

I swear, once I become the world's dictator, the first thing I'm doing is banning that thing forever. The second one is making myself millionaire and resigning, as I'm too lazy to be a proper dictator.
Coincidentally, I'm currently eating some cheese that's been aged a year and a half right now! It's amazing how good a chunk of milk that's been sitting in a cave can taste when it's been around the sun at least once. :3

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Coincidentally, I'm currently eating some cheese that's been aged a year and a half right now! It's amazing how good a chunk of milk that's been sitting in a cave can taste when it's been around the sun at least once. :3
blue cheese is love ❤

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
This sounds like an insane amount of hard work and time just to eat junk food.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
So apparently I'm the Derrick01 of food

I don't like Pasta, or seafood or tomatoes or vegetables pork is pretty gross too, I don't like grapes Uhh... Don't like soda. Popcorn also smells disgusting too. Cheesecake is a no as well. Bread is alright, except rye bread that's gross.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

I don't like Pasta, or seafood or tomatoes or vegetables pork is pretty gross too, I don't like grapes Uhh... Don't like soda. Popcorn also smells disgusting too. Cheesecake is a no as well. Bread is alright, except rye bread that's gross.
oh my god ... you truly are the Derrick of food!!! O_O

Reactions: Nahkapukki

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018

i agree with some of this but i wouldnt know where to start with the ones i disagree with lol

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
There used to be more things I liked but now there's even less because of medication I take that changed the flavor of everything I eat since I have epilepsy. There's a lot more than that but that's like what I could think of before I got bored trying to think of stuff that is generally gross to eat besides pretty much everything

I think I'm a duck

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
The only thing that people around me would consider weird is that I avoid vinegar as a condiment. So much so that I'd rather eat salad as is than having it seasoned with the usual olive oil + vinegar + salt italian combo.