|OT| Remnant From The Ashes: A New Soul Rises From The Ashes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm intrigued by the game and the co-op experience, but I lost my money tree :crying-face:

OSatan

OFather OSun
I had no idea this game existed, It look super awesome, I only clicked because the ot name sounded funny lol.

Is it more roguelike or arpg like?

I'm getting a Let it Die vibe with it, is it similar?

Def. interesting the studio has ideas as displayed in darksiders 3.

Deleted member 113

So, how is this game structured (since it has randomly generated content)? I mean, do you have a hub, and launch missions, is it an open world, is it level based, ... ?
And does anyone know if it has an ending?

thanks

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Looks fun though I'm universally terrible at souls like games. I don't think I've made it past the first boss in Dark Souls 1 through 3, Demons Souls or Bloodbourne or The Surge, Titan Souls the list is extensive.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
So, how is this game structured (since it has randomly generated content)? I mean, do you have a hub, and launch missions, is it an open world, is it level based, ... ?
And does anyone know if it has an ending?

thanks
The main story beats are the same for everyone, the route through them changes thanks to the random generation. So everyone will get through the four worlds in the game and fight bosses to get to other areas, etc. The bosses will probably be different from playthrough to playthrough and the version of the map everyone visits is also different. It somewhat open world-ish (there are loading screens for new areas, but you can unlock shortcuts in some places, and travel via the checkpoints that act as bonfires. It has an ending.
I had no idea this game existed, It look super awesome, I only clicked because the ot name sounded funny lol.

Is it more roguelike or arpg like?

I'm getting a Let it Die vibe with it, is it similar?

Def. interesting the studio has ideas as displayed in darksiders 3.
Not exactly a roguelike, more like an action RPG. Also, you don't lose your stuff when you die (you only lose progress in the sense that normal enemies will all respawn and that you'll be thrown back to the checkpoint).

OSatan

OFather OSun
Not exactly a roguelike, more like an action RPG. Also, you don't lose your stuff when you die (you only lose progress in the sense that normal enemies will all respawn and that you'll be thrown back to the checkpoint).
Oh so exactly as darksiders 3, I wonder if the hidden save scum feature is there...

Is it the same engine or that is in thq?

Reactions: Kurt Russell

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I've played for a bit and I'm liking it so far. The achievements are bugged, though. I got a bunch of them right at the start :confused-face:
Same thing happened to me. I went to my Steam activity feed immediately after playing to see if I was the only one and noticed you had gotten a bunch too.

But like you said I'm still enjoying it. And maybe it's because I'm still very early on, it kind of feels like Kingdoms of Amalur meets The Secret World meets Dark Souls. A strange combo that somehow works well and has me wanting to play more.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
It sucks that they raised the price in several countries, including mine. It's more than double the original price. I refuse to buy it now, and I don't think this will bring them many sales in these poorer regions.
It didn’t go up for me. But this is super lame. Not surprising from Perfect World though.

Reactions: Milena

Deleted member 113

Have they fixed that issue with some of the achievements unlocking automatically when you launch the game?

Additionally, is there any bonus (item, xp, ...) by launching the game during this "early access" period, compared to day one (some games have stuff like that)?

Reactions: Arsene
OP

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Have they fixed that issue with some of the achievements unlocking automatically when you launch the game?

Additionally, is there any bonus (item, xp, ...) by launching the game during this "early access" period, compared to day one (some games have stuff like that)?

not yet but im using sam to remove the achievements

you get a couple of xp potions but they only last a certain amount of time (2hrs) and only have a couple of them

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Really loving this so far. Hard mode is challenging without being insane like nightmare and the way it scales in co-op doesn't really make it easier, harder if anything because you need to coordinate with others.

Reactions: Arsene

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Hey guys! I don't mind helping even if my own progress is non-existent! xD

Are there any pros and cons to hosting? As I was watching someone on twitch play, mind you not full attention, one of their few negative points was about hosting. That they will never host. Why?

Reactions: MJunioR and Arsene
OP

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
if your just doing a playthrouhg with friends its actually viable to complete one area then get your friend to host and do that area because they most likely will have a different seed of items and you will get them aswell

Reactions: lashman

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
So I finished the game yesterday and resetted my world, already got some interesting differences compared to my previous world.. Bosses on Hard mode are something else lol :sweaty-blob:

Anyway, I didn't get the achievements for upgrading the dragon heart (do we have to upgrade it to a certain number?) or beating the final boss, so at least 1 of them is bugged right now.
I probably should use SAM and remove the achievements about the 30 traits, the weapon upgrade to +20 and the ones about amor sets... I've just been too lazy to download it and now my character would have gotten pretty much every other achievement that popped up at the beginning... :shrugblob:

Really loving the game so far and if anyone wants to play the game in EU evening time, I'm game :triggerblob:
I can start a new character of course. As I understand, the game scales to the higher player, at least for now, they might patch this and change the balance later on.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Big_Al

Miserable old git
Jan 22, 2019
Finished the game this morning on normal and thought it was a lot of fun. Want to jump in and start helping people with their games but with the way it currently works hopefully I won't be above anyone's level as it makes it too hard for them. Hopefully they end up doing some kind of sidekick mode so you can help folks more easily.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Okay game is technically out and I just saw my bugged achievements. Mainly the traits, mod, upgrades, and armour ones. What can I do?

Reactions: dummmyy

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
The boss design is bit erratic in terms of quality, imo (probably my biggest complaint with the game). But it definitely shows promise for any future DLC/patches or even a sequel.
Someone at Steam forums wanted "long campaign" mode that would generate big connected map that would contain all the possible bosses, thought something like that would be cool.
And yeah, definitely looking forward to DLC, loving it.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
I saw that the devs are working on what they call "adventure mode", something that would allow us to reroll just one world of our choice, instead of the entire campaign.

That sounds awesome, hope it'll arrive soon :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: Routa and lashman

Charsace

Aug 20, 2019
The combat in this game is sublime. 10 out of 10. Tight and responsive with great animation and great enemy hit reaction feedback. You never feel like u are screwed and locked in an animation, with the exception being a status effect that is proc on you. Mobs in boss fights aren't bad because the game gives you the tools to handle them. I can only think of one unfair fight in the game and that is the one where you face nothing but mobs. Once you understand the flow of the combat you are going to want to see everything the game has to offer.

Reactions: lashman and Milena