|OT| Salute to a champ (happy retirement, Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows)

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
This controller and I have been through so many games these last ten years. Tons of great memories. But even though it still has, in my opinion, an unmatched combination of ergonomic shape and light weight that makes it better than anything that came before or after, the dead zone on the analog sticks is really getting out of control these days. So here's my last salute to a great companion and all the best for a well deserved retirement. Substitute (yet to be unboxed) in the background.

First game completed: Assassin's Creed 2
Last game completed: Manifold Garden

Active duty: 2009-2020.

[UWSL]šŸ™[/UWSL]

Last edited:
OP
Virtual Ruminant

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
F

The X1 controller is better in every possible way though, so no need to worry!
The one thing on this late model X1 controller that I'll admit is definitely a huge plus is the fact that it supports standard Bluetooth so I don't even need the supplied USB transceiver.

Reactions: xxr and lashman

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019
I'm still rocking my Xbox 360 Wired controller everytime I mishandle my eneloops for the main controller which is a Xbox One controller.

I should've bought more original wired controllers as this one is gonna fall apart one of these days. I also have really good micro usb cables so I guess I'll just use the Xbox One controller as the secondary one once I have an XSX or DualSense controller.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Must have gotten super lucky with yours, notorious pads for analog stick drifting. My DS4 on the other hand appears to be going super strong thankfully, so far.

Reactions: Virtual Ruminant
OP
Virtual Ruminant

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
Must have gotten super lucky with yours, notorious pads for analog stick drifting. My DS4 on the other hand appears to be going super strong thankfully, so far.
The introduction of the Steam controller API really prolonged its tour of duty since it lets you adjust dead zones in the Steam controller settings and then the setting applies to almost every game.

Reactions: xxr and lashman

warp_

ć‚æć‚³ćƒ™ćƒ«ćŒå¤§å„½ć
Apr 18, 2019
it really is a huge step up. i'm curious how their new controller feels as well. that dpad looks wild and i guess there's some other little size/ergonomic changes too.