|OT| Soundtracks - It really whips the llama's ass

Deques

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
Oct 19, 2018
The North
www.seikens.com
Welcome to the council's official(?) soundtrack thread. Let's discuss soundtracks for our favourite games. Post your favourite tunes

Steam has recently added support for soundtracks on the client. You can find it if you select soundtracks above the game list. If you already own soundtracks you will see the number of soundtracks that you own.

Not all soundtracks are tagged as soundtracks yet. There are still soundtracks that are listed as DLCs. The devs need to convert their soundtracks dlcs to proper soundtracks. This will take time

Currently there is a soundtrack sale on Steam which ends on 14 February

Links
Steam

Spotify
Capcom Sound Team
Falcom Sound Team
Sega Sound Team

Composers
Nobou Uematsu
Yoko Shimomura
Jesper Kyd

Last edited:
OP
Deques

Deques

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
Oct 19, 2018
The North
www.seikens.com
I still use it :D
Still use it?
I remember when I used it I tried to find a good looking skin, adding cool features and such. But then I realized that they are only visuals. I don't look at those visuals when I am listening so I dropped everything and used a vanilla Winamp.

Then a some years ago I started to use foobar2000. Same thing there, I did the same stupid thing to make it visually nice looking. But I also dropped that :D

ShadowAUS

Swooping Is Bad
Feb 21, 2019
Rural NSW
Jeez that title brings back memories. I haven't used Winamp in at least a decade. If I'm listening to digital music I mostly just use Plex these days because lazy. If I really want to listen to something local and lossless I just use Dopamine on W10 or Audacious on Linux.

More on topic, what was y'all's favourite OST(s) of 2019? For me it was a 3 way tie between Anthem,

Katana Zero,

and Sayonara Wild Hearts,

To be honest though, 2019 was a fantastic year for game soundtracks so there are like 30 other selections that are very close behind those 3 and I would have a hard time coming up with a hard top 20.

Reactions: lashman

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
I'm gonna drop some recommendations since this seems like the right place to do so.

All 3 being electronic music with Dustforce and Below ost being very chill, just like the game.
For something completely different

There are of course absolute classics like Doom 2016, Hotline Miami or Transistor that I feel most are aware of already.