|OT| Stadia Connect (June 6th, 2019) | 28.8 bps modem not required

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
site is dead wtf i dont think that chat idea is good if the performance is like that

Koz

Apr 17, 2019
so the leaks were all spot on (not that there was much doubt)

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
did you see that fine print? cross save (or something?)
pending approval from sony

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
LOL I'm sure Sony is gonna be cool and definitely won't make it hard

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
well, pending approval means at least sony is considering it. please sir may i have another

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
So uh... did they not at all show it running?

Koz

Apr 17, 2019
The servers, we got to have more power!

They were very vague in what is included with the Pro subscription other than the top quality. Do some games come with it? Do you have to buy every game? I have no desire to pay $10/mo AND buy games at full price.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The servers, we got to have more power!
yeah ... we might have to go for the $20 plan (we're on the $10 right now) ... at least for June

hopefully we'll get that much from donations

That was boring, with the exception of Gylt, but as a Stadia exclusive it might as well not exist.
it won't - once stadia dies next year

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
It's pretty much confirmed that the subscription will only include a selection of games and other titles (most new releases from big publishers, I suppose) will have to the purchased individually if you want to play day one.
Yeah, I'm not interested. At all. Between Steam making streaming games from your own computer to your favorite device even if not on the same network easier and Gamepass officially coming to PC, that's all I need in terms of streaming and subscription. Maybe in 15 years.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's pretty much confirmed that the subscription will only include a selection of games and other titles (most new releases from big publishers, I suppose) will have to the purchased individually if you want to play day one.
Yeah, I'm not interested. At all. Between Steam making streaming games from your own computer to your favorite device even if not on the same network easier and Gamepass officially coming to PC, that's all I need in terms of streaming and subscription. Maybe in 15 years.
plus they'll kill it off like a year from now anyway ... it's google, after all :p

Reactions: Ex-User (307)

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
yeah ... we might have to go for the $20 plan (we're on the $10 right now) ... at least for June

hopefully we'll get that much from donations
How do you donate? I see the campaigns, but they've all reached their goal and I don't see any way to donate beyond that.

Reactions: lashman

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
May 29, 2019
Seems weird to have to buy your way into what is essentially a beta test.

At most I’ll pick up a controller and a game I want to play on my phone/iPad down the road. No way will this look and perform like native 4K consoles I already own.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
That worked, but I was still only able to donate up to the new campaign amount which seemed rather low?
yeah, that's the idea ;) we don't need more than we absolutely have to pay for all the stuff ... it's a community project, none of us are here to make money, lol

Missed half the stream, so did they show anything that can't be done locally? I wanted to see something that only could be done on stadia.
nope, nothing

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
May 29, 2019
Missed half the stream, so did they show anything that can't be done locally? I wanted to see something that only could be done on stadia.
Nope.
They basically said we don’t need to buy anything and then tried to sell us things we don’t need to buy.

If you have a modern smartphone or tablet you probably already own Stadia. No need to buy anything.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Not really, just 4k 60fps if you have at least 38mbps. Nothing that really requires processing beyond a top end PC like 1000 player instances etc...

Reactions: Le Pertti

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
yeah, that's the idea ;) we don't need more than we absolutely have to pay for all the stuff ... it's a community project, none of us are here to make money, lol
Of course, just don't want to be too frugal during E3 month. 💰💰💰

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Wonder how many parallel gaming projects Google will make, and how long they'll keep supporting them. They had like 5 different chat apps/services working at the same time, so 3 gaming platforms doesn't sound too crazy for them.

Wait, we aren't?

*runs away*