News Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order won't have Multiplayer or Microtransactions

Sir Guts

Dragonslayer
Apr 11, 2019

Head of Respawn Entertainment Vince Zampella confirmed that Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order will be a single-player story game with no multiplayer and no microtransactions.

After Zampella’s reveal, multiple other developers from EA took to Twitter to confirm what he had said and express their excitement, including Respawn Producer Blair Brown and DICE’s Ben Walke.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i'll believe it when i see it ;)

it's EA - they'll definitely find a way to fuck it all up

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Respawn's last campaign was pretty good (Titanfall 2). But then again this will be the first time they do something that doesn't rely on shooting crap up. I'd be more confident if it wasn't a Jedi game, instead something like a modern Dark Forces (doom-like FPS back in the day). We'll see what they have come up with. Maybe it's gonna be something like Jedi Knight II/Academy so that there will be lots of standard shooting alongside the lightsaber and force stuff, who knows, maybe lightsaber duels will be there primarily for boss fights and otherwise it's just another tool in your arsenal, like your melee skills in other FPS. Hmm...

Last edited:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Respawn's last campaign was pretty good (Titanfall 2). But then again this will be the first time they do something that doesn't rely on shooting crap up. I'd be more confident if it wasn't a Jedi game, instead something like a modern Dark Forces (doom-like FPS back in the day). We'll see what they have come up with. Maybe it's gonna be something like Jedi Knight II/Academy so that there will be lots of standard shooting alongside the lightsaber and force stuff, who knows, maybe lightsaber duels will be there primarily for boss fights and otherwise it's just another tool in your arsenal, like your melee skills in other FPS. Hmm...
I too feel like this would have been perfect as a way to bring back the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games or at least that style of play. I mean, the character could have been a new version of Kyle Katarn and they'd have to change very little (maybe make him a bit older).
Whether it stays a intact single player without MTX I'll wait for release. Multiplayer I can give or take. Jedi Academy was fun, but I wouldnt even trust Raven to do lightsaber multiplayer these days, let alone Respawn.