News Steam Link now in BETA on Raspberry Pi

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
It finally happend! Steam Link is officially available for Raspberry Pi! But for now it is in beta

The Steam Link app is now available in beta on the Raspberry Pi 3 and 3 B+ running Raspbian Stretch

To install, run the following from a command line:
curl -#Of http://media.steampowered.com/steamlink/rpi/steamlink_1.0.2_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i steamlink_1.0.2_armhf.deb

To run, you can launch it from the Games menu, or run the following from a command line:
steamlink

The first time you run it, it will download the full app and create a desktop shortcut, and automatically update as needed.

Please report any bugs and feedback on the Raspberry Pi discussion forum.
Steam Link now in BETA on Raspberry Pi :: Steam Link General Discussions

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
That's great! Hopefully the performance is comparable to the hardware link

Deques yeah, Integration into retro pi will be the tits with this, I bet they will add it to it soon so that it's just a few clicks to add it like kodi

Englebert3rd well, the performance over wo fi on the Pi will be even worse the Pis wifi is pretty crappy... This has to be done with a cable line... Shit works awesome then, my Steam link never had problems that way

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Sweet, I could potentially install this once my RP 3 comes.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Been looking around for cheap Steam Links on my area's equivalent of Ebay but the prices are nuts (i.e. > € 2,50 :sneaky:). Think I'll have a go at this instead, so I can at least salvage it if it turns out not to run well enough.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Been looking around for cheap Steam Links on my area's equivalent of Ebay but the prices are nuts (i.e. > € 2,50 :sneaky:). Think I'll have a go at this instead.
you're not missing out on any features - it's literally the same software :)

Reactions: beep boop

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
but the software on the link is exactly made for that hardware... so there are still differences in performance depending on witch hardware you use...
but that are problems that should be fixed overtime. from what I have seen yet, still havent tried myself, is that the Pi version runs pretty well already for being in beta

OP
Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Trying to install SteamLink again. And got error again. This time I read the log. It seems that I have an old version of libc6:armhf installed and it needs to be updated to newer version.
Currently updating everything now. Not sure what I am doing :D

Krakn3dfx

Sean Murray Apologist
Dec 17, 2018
Denver-ish, CO
Been messing around with this, it's really nice, having it built into Retropie is frigging awesome as well. I usually use Steam Link side loaded on my Shield TV, but I love being able to haul my RPi 3B+ around the house to hook up to different TVs, such an amazing little piece of kit.