|OT| Steam new releases and pages | No page hides forever.

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com
Probably super old but... does MC have a Steam Curator page?
I totally appreciate the effort y'all put in this thread, but to be perfectly honest, there are so many games that I haven't heard before that whenever I open it they all look like a blur to me.

On the other hand, with a Curator page, it might happen that I'm browsing some games on Steam on my own, I see the MC Seal of Approval and BOOM! Wishlisted!

I think we could even get away without a proper review in there, just a link to MC would do.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I totally appreciate the effort y'all put in this thread, but to be perfectly honest, there are so many games that I haven't heard before that whenever I open it they all look like a blur to me.

On the other hand, with a Curator page, it might happen that I'm browsing some games on Steam on my own, I see the MC Seal of Approval and BOOM! Wishlisted!

I think we could even get away without a proper review in there, just a link to MC would do.
well, i mean .... those store pages aren't exactly a "seal of approval" .... they're more of a "what we think looks promising (but can turn out to be shit)" kind of thing :p

Last edited:
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Well, it's something that surely has been around for a while and we have been discussing, but there are some things to consider:

1. we are just highlighting what we consider cool or what it's worthy, we all have our own criteria and it would make things a bit hard for a steam curator page.
  2. The number of games that we upload here is insane, up to the 1st of May, 976 Games/DLCs have been shared in here, makes it extremely difficult to choose a number of weekly recommendations to not get people tired of our curator.
  3. this is the main problem, games we share are not available to purchase when we share them, the main reason for this thread has always been to share what has just appeared on the platform, like, the sooner the better and those are usually just placeholders for what it's to come.
So yeah, it's something we haven't discarded at all (I haven't at least) but it would not be for the games shared here but the ones already released, we should then first organize things so everyone can recommend something in the most balanced way possible.

We really appreciate your kind words about this, it means that we are doing things right, hopefully we will keep improving and make things even better, also glad that you would consider a curator from MC, that means we are also very open when it comes to a open range of criteria.

:cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: lashman and Copons