Community Steam Seasonal Sale (SSS) | Recommendations and Hidden gems

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
There haven't been any thread for recommendations and hidden gems in like two(!) whole years. Last one was created for Summer sale 2020. So I thought creating one for the current and future Seasonal Steam Sales (SSS).

Post all your recommendations and hidden gems

Historical lowest price

And of course, I always recommend this game for every sale

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
Did you like Neon White and want more? Get Lovely Planet Remix!!! (And 1, 2, Arcade and Super!) (Quite sure Ben Esposito quoted LP series as an inspiration when making Neon White).

Want more arcade shooters in general?

And obligatory Sekimeiya shoutout:

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Here's 10 quality indie titles that are at least 50% off. I tried to aim for some games that aren't as well-known.

FPS inspired by Half Life 2 and Halo. Not the best looking, but it plays great.

2D platformer by ex-Ubisoft staff who had worked on Rayman Origins/Legends. Fast-moving, with a great sense of flow.

Ride a bike down a mountain. Controls great and has lots of room for replays with time attacks, shortcuts to find, and challenge runs.

Platformer inspired by Donkey Kong Country. Visuals aren't the greatest, but the level design is solid.

Fly a UFO long distances at high speeds. Has some unique control mechanics and feels great once you start getting the hang of it. Very short though. (2-3 hours)

Swing through vaporwave-inspired levels on a grappling hook. Lots of fun, but be warned, the last few levels are ridiculously hard.

Step 1: Get new items. Step 2: Organize them however makes sense to you. Step 3: Requests for items come in, go find and retrieve them as fast as possible.

Light-adventure where you get plopped into an existing community and all their various dramas. Very chill.

An excellent Sokoban-style puzzle game about trying to push snowballs around just right to form a perfect 3-stack of large, medium, and small snowballs. Great design.

Another great puzzle game. Vacuum up blocks and shoot them back out to solve puzzles. Not much to say, but the puzzles are all designed very well.