Community Steam Summer Seal 2020 | Recommendations, Hidden Gems, etc

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
A criminally underplayed adventure platformer.

An amazing metroidvania that everyone seemed to forget about once they discovered that the subject-matter wasn't for fedora-tippers.

A neat SHMUP that has a very 90's pre-rendered graphics feel.

Do you wish FTL: Faster Than Light had an actual story? You'll love this game.

DBZ meets Avatar: The Last Airbender in this Cameroonian-developed ARPG. There literally isn't anything else like it. No other Sub-Saharan developer has been able to produce something of this scale.

Full-body VR SHUMP. Stand in one place if you dare, the enemies will overwhelm you!

Neat metroidvania with a twist. You jump from surface to surface while solving puzzles and vanquishing foes.

RTS for beginners that scales for veterans to the genre. Also has a mobile version

The best roguelike shooter you'll ever play in your natural life. Great gunplay, even better arsenal Has 2-player co-op.

The developers of Hatred manage an outstanding RTS. Think 21st century Age of Empires, with Company of Heroes-style unit balance.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Any recommendations for RPGs similar to the Piranha Bytes style or 3rd Person RPGs in general for ~10€ max? In the mood for many recently. So far I picked up Fable which goes in that vein. Outward I already have but I wait for the DLC to get a little discount in the future before I play it. The other option I often read was Greedfall but that is currently not in the budget

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Any recommendations for RPGs similar to the Piranha Bytes style or 3rd Person RPGs in general for ~10€ max? In the mood for many recently. So far I picked up Fable which goes in that vein. Outward I already have but I wait for the DLC to get a little discount in the future before I play it. The other option I often read was Greedfall but that is currently not in the budget
You probably already have them but you can probably get Risen 1, 2 & 3 for less than a tenner. Two Worlds is cheap also.
Elex is £13 but have a look at those games on Steam and follow the reccomendations or similar games to have a dig about.
Have a look at what Topware, Piranha, Spiders, Reality Pump etc have got on sale.

Reactions: BlueOdin

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
I'd add a few more.

• Way of Samurai 3 historical lowest
  • The Witness historical lowest
  • Gunman Clive 1/2 (rarely go on sale)
  • Cave Story + (historical lowest after years)
  • Firewatch (rarely goes on sale in past few years)