Community Synthesizer music appreciation thread.

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole

Vangelis is damn amazing when he's doing soundtracks.

Absolutely fantastic.
Post automatically merged:

This is a damn moody piece by Jan Hammer. Too bad I can't find the theme to Dark Angel anywhere. Movie by Dolph Lundgren back when he was at his career high. Had a fantastic soundtrack I immediately recognized as Jan Hammer handiwork.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman
OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole

Found it. There' s the Jan Hammer style again. Airy and smooth with a bit of edge in it.

This actually surprised me a lot. I remember loving the OST as a kid and lo and behold IT'S FRIGGING TOTO!!!!

Funny how lot of the synthesizer stuff is soundtrack music. :D I guess those stick with you more than the ones that came in cassettes and were heard as background noises while sitting in the backseat.

Hans Zimmer used to do synthesizer music too. I guess I should scrounge up some non-OST music too

Last edited:

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
That ethno kitch... :p

That said I love synthy shit... It's the most amazing stuff ever... But its not like it ever went away... A good synth is still essential to every modern electronic style...
It's fucking lovely

Is kitch a English word?

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
Yeah, synthwave is the quintessential example these days... Love it myself...
It's funny how the 80s esthetics came snapping back just a bit tuned up with better production values and modern base lines... I always loved this shit... But I'm happy that it kinda catched the mainstream too...

Synth plus bass is the best

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
Yeah, vangelis is quintessential 80s synth goodness...
Chariots of fire will never die...
Speaking of the 80s, don't forget Mike Oldfield

Random Kraftwerk!

Or how about this bullshit :ROFLMAO:

Man the 80s was a fun time

This one doesn't really fit, but it came crashing into my mind just now... No clue if anybody outside Germany knows this one, but it's so much fun... This is the abridged live version... I FUCKING LOVED THIS as a child :love:

This track is still fucking amazing

Last edited:

Accoun

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Can't have a thread about synthesizer music without Kraftwerk.

Random Kraftwerk!
I'm just gonna say, it's interesting how the German actually posted an English version of a Kraftwerk track, while the non-German posted the German version. Is this the musical version of "non-native speakers care more about properly speaking the language than the natives"? :-D

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
I'm just gonna say, it's interesting how the German actually posted an English version of a Kraftwerk track, while the non-German posted the German version. Is this the musical version of "non-native speakers care more about properly speaking the language than the natives"? :-D
Schnitzelfee is ashamed of his Germanity?