Community Synthwave is glorious

Robby

Short, but sassy.
Sep 20, 2018
Carpenter Brut is great, Midnight Danger has put out some good stuff this year, and I think Dance With The Dead may be my favorite artist out of the entire genre.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

Yes, yes it is! I love Perturbator and Lazerhawk. Scattle has some awesome stuff too. I haven't listened to many other artists, or I don't remember their output much.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Welp, I know what I'm listening to tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendations!

Just remembered, Com Truise and Lost Years have some good material too. Don't ask me for specific songs though :p

Reactions: lashman

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
I have listened to Leather Teeth quiet a lot over the past months... love the cheesy hairmetal influences...

The king of this stuff will always be Legowelt, he isn't exactly "Synthwave", but he is doing 70s and 80s style straight forward synth music since like 1999 and has a super prolific output under like 12 different names and styles... he is a top 3 artist of mine I think

(these track are like 15 years old now I guess)

The dude still uses a Amiga 600 in his studio, so that's enough reason to love him :p

That Studio Tour is pretty nuts, SO MANY synths

Reactions: lashman

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
I only recently discovered this genre, but I've come to really enjoy artists like Carpenter Brut, Dance with the Dead, and (in particular) DEADLIFE:

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread for more recommendations.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
This thread hasn't seen activity in a while, so I thought I'd mention an album I recently purchased:

Plumegeist has done various kinds of electronic music, but 'Ghoul Jacker II' in particular has some nice examples of synthwave/darkwave.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Got a release notification for this album yesterday and immediately fell in love:

It's more on the light side, but it is just so damn catchy.

They also have a bunch of older albums on their own Bancamp page, but I haven't gone through those yet:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I've got a shit-ton of Synthwave/New Rertowave in my Bandcamp so here's some tracks from one of the first compilations i repeatedly listened to...

... and i'm not afraid of some nostalgic Vapourwave either...