|OT| The 2022 MetaCouncil's Addiction Log (track your finished games here!)

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
42. Dark Anthologies - Little Hope (Steam) - A more interesting setting and game than the first in the anthology. A detoured bus results in a group finding themselves smack bang in the middle of a witch trial. ★★★★ (9 Hours)

43. Guardians of the Galaxy (Steam) - Fantastic action adventure game great acting, story, setting etc... May have failed initially but will be very fondly remembered. ★★★★ 1/2 (28 Hours)

44. Little Orpheus (Steam) - Overly long and pretty boring 2bh. Could have been half the length as it constantly repeats the unreliable narrative trope and the main character running away from things. Puzzle consist of moving blocks and that's it. ★★ (6 Hours)

45. Subnautica Below Zero (Steam) - Still think the games struggle with direction and story telling but the sequel/offshoot moves the game out of the water as well. ★★★ 1/2 (26 hours)

Reactions: lashman

Kuroyume

Spokes for the Wheel of Torment
Oct 21, 2018
Yakuza Kiwami - I started off with Like a Dragon so it was interesting to try out the older battle system. I enjoyed the game, however I think I prefer the turn based system in 7. This game pulls you out of the open world/city and into a small arena where you engage in fights anyway so it already felt like a turn based RPG in a sense. At least with 7 I got a lot of variety in the attack animations because that game gives you multiple characters and Jobs many if not all of which feature unique attacks. The fighting styles and heat actions in Kawami starting getting stale by mid game. The boss battles were incredibly annoying too. Let's give bosses like 10 health bars and the ability to regenerate their health when they get stunned... Brilliant. There's also an awful car chase sequence which comes after a dungeon+boss gauntlet that doesn't allow you to save so if you get frustrated with the car chase segment and want to turn the game off for a while I believe you have to do the dungeon and boss all over again. The story is pretty weak too... I believe Yakuza 7 was somewhat a retelling of that? Loved it in that game, but I was underwhelmed here. It was still an enjoyable experience despite these issues. Btw, they should bring back Mesuking for Like a Dragon 8.

Prodeus - Incredibly fun Doom-style (Brutal Doom?) arena shooter. I was impressed by how fun it was to shoot at enemies in this game. The blow up into chunks and their blood paints the environment. It's incredibly satisfying. The maps/levels were fun to traverse too. They were a good balance of being interesting, but not too maze-like that they become frustrating. Very beautiful looking game in terms of visual style. The narrative is definitely the weakest part, but I didn't care about it because I was so engrossed with the game play. I highly recommend that people play this. I like it so much that I want a physical copy. Hope they release one in the future.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Forgot to update for a few months. Oops.

#21, STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order. It's alright but feels like its held together by two pieces of duct tape.
#22, HITMAN 3. Pretty good.
#23, Squarecells. Short but good time.
#24, Horizon Zero Dawn. It's fine.
#25, Hexcells. Still very good but really quite easy now.
#26, Hexcells Plus. Starting to get more challenging.
#27, Hexcells Infinite. Yep, some of the puzzles can still get pretty tough.
#28, Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds. Totally fine.
#29, Axiom Verge 2. Excellent.
#30, Deliver Us The Moon. Acceptable.
#31, Lords of the Fallen. Meh.
#32, Paradise Killer. It's pretty neat!
#33, Escape Memoirs: Mini Stories. Neat free thing.

There, now I'm up to date.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
46. Forgive Me Father (Steam) - Cthulhic boomer shooter that probably outstays it's welcome a bit. ★★ 1/2 (8 Hours)

47. Prodeus (PC Gamepass) - Another decent Boomer shooter. Was there a story? I missed it. Shoot red guys, shoot blue guys, sometimes the blue guys shoot the red guys then it ends. ★★★ (Some number of hours, maybe 10?)

48. Dark Anthologies - House of Ashes (Steam) - Best of the initial trilogy of games but nearly ruined by the worst stunt casting star in Ashley Tisdale, she's terrible. A bit more action and finally actual supernatural/alien elements. It's totally Prometheus as well. ★★★★ 1/2 (10 Hours)

49. Deliver Us the Moon (Steam) - Walking/puzzle game set on the moon. Good story, graphics and action. ★★★ 1/2(6 Hours)

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
50. Borderlands 3 DLC - Guns, Love, and Tentacles (Steam) - Fun Cthulhu setting and story. ★★★★

51. Borderlands 3 DLC - Bounty of Blood (Steam) - Now a Western, lots of fun this one as well. ★★★★

52. Borderlands 3 DLC - Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot (Steam) - A bit less interesting than the rest ★★★

53. Gotham Knights (PS5) - Everything about it seems a generation behind, the city is decent but generic, gone is the neo-gothic of the previous games. The vast majority of content is boring generated stuff. Only three, long, side missions. Some of the story stuff is fine but a poor batman game ★★ 1/2 (30ish hours)

54. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Steam) - Feels like it own thing, not a Borderlands reskin. Fun campaign and systems. Weapons are a bit meh. ★★★ 1/2 (36 Hours)

55. Borderlands 3 DLC - Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck (Steam) - Probably the best DLC, great writing, setting and ideas ★★★★ 1/2

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
#36, Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia. Again, an alright game. The new tools give a few new potentially interesting gameplay options, but overall it's more of the same.

Reactions: bobnowhere

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
#38, Pikuniku. Delightful.
#39, Outland. It's alright.
#40, Super Mario Bros. 2. Still fun. No warps.
#41, Globesweeper: Hex Puzzler. Not really difficult but the big globes take so long to do that it's easy to make dumb mistakes.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
56. Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Steam) - Decent AC that struggles to fill it's fantastic world with interesting content. ★★★ (41 Hours)

57. White Shadows (Steam) - A dark dystopian cinematic 2D puzzle platformer set in an oppressive regime. Visually and aurally stunning. Light on puzzles, this is more of an experience than a challenge. ★★★★ (4.8 Hours)

58. Stirring Abyss (Steam) - Underwater Cthulhuic xcom like with elements of darkest dungeons sanity. Doesn't outstay it's welcome but is probably balanced way too easy. ★★★ 1/2 (11 Hours)

59. High on Life (PC Gamepass) - Overly long, boring, super super buggy. The weapons are fun but not much else. ★★ 1/2 (Probably less than 10 Hours)

60. Tomb Raider (2013) (Steam) - Fun and more basic than it's two sequels. Feels more like a Uncharted game at times. The tombs are laughably simplistic. ★★★1/2 (13 Hours)

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
71 games, nicely bookended by Batman: Arkham Origins (started on Christmas 2021) and its New Year's Eve themed DLC "Cold, Cold Heart".

2022 may have been many things, but it has been a good gaming year. Now ... where's that new thread -

• Comfy

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
2020 - 14
2021 - 22

1. A Plague Tale: Innocence (Finished: 8.6 hours)
2. Resident Evil Village (Finished: 12.9 hours)
3. Serious Sam 4 (Finished: 10.6 hours)
4. Webbed (Finished: 5.1 hours)
5. Elden Ring (Finished: 78 hours)
6. Mass Effect 1 LE (Finished: 25 hours)
7. Strange Brigade (Finished: 9 hours)
8. VRising (Retired until out of EA)
9. Sonic The Hedgehog (Sonic Origins)
10. Sonic 2 (Sonic Origins)
11. Necromunda Hired Gun (Finished: 9.2 hours)
12. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Origins)
13. Zombie Army 4 (Finished: 10.4 hours)
14. Deus Ex GOTY (Finished: again)
15. Stray (Finished: 5.4 hours)
16. Nuclear Blaze (Finished: 70 mins)
17. Entropy: Zero 2 (Finished: 6.7 hours)
18. Yakuza Kiwama 2 (Retired: 11.2 hours)
19. Days Gone (Retired: 24 hours)
20. Prodeus (Finished: 16.1 hours)
21. Cultic Chapter One (Finished: 4.8 hours)
22. Resident Evil Village: Shadows Of Rose (Finished: 3 hours)
23. Destroy All Humans (Retired: 4.3 Hours)
24. Max Payne (Finished: again)
25. Singularity (Finished: again)
26. Gone Home (Finished: 1 hour)
27. F.E.A.R. (Finished: Again)
28. Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne (Finished: 7.5 hours)

28 games last year.
Has anyone made a 2023 thread?

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Has anyone made a 2023 thread?
of course :) he even pinned it :p

speaking of which - NarohDethan, you might want to close this one, haha

Reactions: dummmyy and Stevey