|OT| The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie | III and IX's Spy Caper Adventure

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.

Welcome to the Metacouncil's Official Thread of The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie.

Let's go back a little to a small title called Trails in the Sky the 3rd. The narrative structure in Trails in the Sky the 3rd was meant to set things up the way for future Trails titles. I have hope that Trails into Reverie will finally resolve the story threads that has been building up across three sub-series, right until the conclusion of Cold Steel IV. To tie up these loose ends from Sky, Crossbell and Cold Steel arcs before ultimately directing our attention to the unexplored side of the continent is not an easy task, if not nigh-insurmountable. While Trails in the Sky the 3rd intends to bring in something new, Trails into Reverie will ultimately serve as an end to what 3rd has brought in, all those years ago. The story has had its highest high, but it also had some low moments that some of us never expected from Trails games. Despite my own aversion on how the story was being handled in the later parts of the Cold Steel IV, it also has brought in some interesting new theories about Zemuria. I hope these theories will be explored later when we finally be able to visit Calvard. But for now, I remain optimistic that Trails into Reverie is a return to form (or perhaps a “course correction” is more fitting) for Trails.

Narrative Structure

Trails into Reverie brought something different to the table by presenting three alternating perspectives to the story, two of which are told by returning characters, and one by an entirely new character. Falcom has dubbed this the “Crossroads System” and we can freely switch between these perspectives. The first perspective (“Lost Symbol”) is told through the eyes of Rean Schwarzer. It continues the story of his adventures and the rest of Class VII from where it was left off in the true ending of Trails of Cold Steel IV. The second perspective (“The Day of Reindependence”) is told through Lloyd Bannings and Crossbell Police Department's Special Support Section. It highlights the story of Crossbell's liberation from Erebonia's occupation, an event following the conclusion of Trails to Azure and, perhaps, a rather insufficiently addressed event in Trails of Cold Steel IV. And finally, the third perspective (“The Miserable Sinners”) is told through a masked character with a moniker called “C”. Their path follows four characters that form the crux of the game's story. Their mission is to investigate the primary objective of a certain former governor general of Crossbell whom suddenly returns and lays claim to the city state.

Additionally, there are Side Episodes which follows the activities of our beloved group of characters that is separate from the main story. From my understanding, these Side Episodes are not only slice-of-life stories, but also tightly integrated with the narrative in the Crossroads System.

Characters

Rean Schwarzer

After the conclusion of the events in Trails of Cold Steel IV, Rean and his students returned to Thors Military Academy Branch Campus. With the Empire's military being diminished following the war, the necessity for Soldat training for students has greatly risen; the threat of Panzer Soldats left over from the war being used as weapons is never far from the country's mind. However, this fleeting peace is disturbed by the emergence of a new threat. A request from a certain individual has inspired him to take a trip back to his hometown, Ymir.

Lloyd Bannings

After Crossbell was occupied by the Empire, the CPD was restructured into the Crossbell Military Police and the SSS formally disbanded. Yet through the continued efforts of Lloyd and his companions, Crossbell was liberated once more, and the military police reverted to being the CPD and Crossbell Guardian Force. Lloyd's lengthy efforts eventually paid off, and after two and a half years, he successfully reopened the Special Support Section and brought back its founding members. Suddenly, they find themselves fighting for their city's freedom once again after Crossbell's independence celebrations are interrupted by the sudden reappearance of an old threat.

C

When the former governor general of Crossbell suddenly returns and lays claim to the city state, four figures carry out a secret mission to investigate his actions. Their leader is “C”, a masked individual who seems to be using the same code name as the leader of the Imperial Liberation Front. Though they use the same moniker, this C uses a different disguise and weapon, leaving no clues as to their identity.

Minigames

This section is not exhaustive by any means, but there are several minigames that I'm certain will be a major time sink. Speaking from the point of view of Vantage Masters fan, I hope they'll include more interesting face cards this time. Fans of Trails in the Sky the 3rd will be happy to know that a certain minigame has finally made its comeback.

Pom! Pom! Party!

A returning minigame where player stack poms in order to gain points, while foiling their opponent by building chains. I wonder if they'll increase the difficulty yet again. Interestingly, I found that the final boss in this minigame is not even the hardest among all the challengers. Or perhaps I'm just lucky. Anyway, the final reward of this minigame was one of the strongest items in the game, for both Azure and Cold Steel IV, so hopefully they will continue the tradition.

Vantage Masters

A returning card game where players build a deck and try to beat their opponents' using strategy and tactics. To be honest, I didn't play too many card games as a separate thing. But I enjoyed Vantage Masters a lot. Like a lot of other card games, it's definitely one of those things that is “easy to play but difficult to master”. Again, the final boss of this minigame wasn't really the hardest thing in the world. Probably because by the time we have the chance to fight them, our deck is already pretty loaded. I can't recall whether the reward was good, though.

III and IX

This book series is probably one of the longer ones among the collectable books across all Trails entries. It's perhaps also one of the most important ones. If you somehow skipped collecting these books during Cold Steel IV, I implore you to read the chapters either from Kiseki Wiki, or from the NISA's Trails into Reverie minisite.

Screenshots

Last edited:
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
This game has so. many. minigames.
I wish Falcom is a bit bigger, so they could do more interesting things with the VR minigame. I wouldn't mind piloting a Soldat in VR, for example. Rather than… The alternative.

Reactions: Durante

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah the VR part is a bit silly. I do think it's neat that you can have a look at the absolutely ludicrous number of character models in this game in VR though, before the move to Kuro which basically resets the asset situation.

That said, porting the VR rendering to PC just for the model viewer and that one minigame felt a bit silly, but otherwise the port would be missing features and we can't have that.

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
it took me forever to get around to finishing it but I wanted to finish Cold Steel IV before this came out and finally got around to doing so yesterday

3rd is probably my favorite game in the series so looking forward to something with a structure that hopefully clicks with me a lot more

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Excited for this one. All the references to Sky the 3rd is helping so please continue those if warranted.

• Comfy

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
..but otherwise the port would be missing features and we can't have that.
If only more developers would think like this, like say Capcom. :( Really happy that Marvelous actually ported the VR mode to Senran Kagura PBS tho.

Will buy this day one, but probably not play in years. Have all of them and only played TitS for 3h or so. :eek:

• Comfy
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Excited for this one. All the references to Sky the 3rd is helping so please continue those if warranted.
I certainly would like to see more of Sky characters like Kilika and Kloe again. Kloe's interactions with Lechter are always good fun, and I'm always interested in what Kilika is cooking. :flare_bath:

Reactions: QFNS

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Trails is so strange, I will have all the games on Steam soon, but I played them all on different devices (Vita, PC, PS4).
Reverie will be the first Trails game I play on my Deck which is imo the perfect JRPG machine.

So so happy that Erebonia, Class 7, Rean as MC will be over after Reverie...

• Comfy
Reactions: sanhora and Kvik

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
stopped for now right after starting chapter 1 but a few random comments after playing through the prologue:

so much nostalgia just seeing all the characters that haven't been around since Azure or even something like the cemetary area for the first time in 3d

couple nice qol things like having a description of what an item you just got from a chest does and the weakness indicator when selecting spells

I like the voice change for KeA, her voice in Cold Steel 4 kinda annoyed me and this one doesn't

• Comfy
Reactions: QFNS and Kvik
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm taking a little break after the prologue, It was alright.

Took a bit longer to defeat the prologue chapter boss on Nightmare difficulty. It's not really hard per se, but the HP pool is deep and SSS didn't exactly flush with quartz.

Crossbell indeed look good, the character models seem improved a lot. Environment look great too, especially in HDR.

Looking forward to spending more time with it during the course of the weekend. :flare_smirk:

• Comfy

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
just had a moment where I was being told about some ambassadors coming to Crossbell and remembered them from literally 9 games ago

it's little things like that that remind me why I keep coming back to this series, you just can't find continuity like that anywhere else

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
the tonal difference switching between routes actually feels pretty big, makes me wonder what the C route will feel like

now I want to rant about something a little, not really a spoiler since I haven't even played Rean's route at all yet other than the initial chapter 1 cutscene but might aswell tag it I guess since i'm talking about some repeating pattern the game has a review mentioned
I was reading random reviews waiting for this to come out and one of them mentioned that this game has a habit it keeps doing of starting a characters chapter out in the middle of something then doing a flashback to how it got there and i'm a little worried that that's gonna get pretty annoying now because they're already doing it in Rean's first chapter. it's not even something that it makes much sense to do it with since it's obviously just some sort of training exercise but they treat it like some sort of big dramatic moment before flashing back to the start, it was pretty short so not really that big a deal but it makes me worried that this is gonna be like an every chapter thing

• Comfy

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
Got through the Prologue last night. Feels like coming home. Excited to keep going later today

• Comfy

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
I believe the term you are looking for is a storytelling method called in medias res.

Falcom certainly has used it a lot since Cold Steel II onwards. It's not a bad way to begin a story, but I certainly dislike it when it is being used too often.
yeah I don't mind it here and there but it's the sort of thing that gets old fast if it's happening over and over, which so far it has been but at least it's also been pretty quick about it

on another note I unlocked the reverie corridor if anyone else is curious about exactly when that unlocks

you have to play both Lloyd and Rean's second act until the stopping point, feels like maybe half of each of their act 2s or so if I had to guess

Dec 5, 2018
Finally started the game.
Man, the prologue is too much anime. But at the same time seeing all those characters that didn't get an appearance in CSIV show up is something else.

There's something to be said about a series that has kept a world an characters in a continuity for so long, there really isn't much like it for better or worse.

• Comfy
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm up to Act 2, Lloyd part 1.

I have to say, from the three opening, I feel Lloyd's is the weakest among all of them.

I know that it's supposed to be a surprise raid, but feels like the execution is poor. Never you mind that nobody notices armed forces suddenly overflowing from the rooftop, let alone a blonde twink leisurely walking across the city square. Also SSS has killed a literal demigod at the end of Azure, yet still managed to have their arses handed to them single-handedly.

Act 2 starts off strong, with Lloyd back to his decisive self, though. So I'm looking forward to whatever this mirror is.

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
I haven't seen that much of them yet but playing C's route feels so confusing because it feels like I should hate these characters for their design and voices but the word choices they use when talking actually makes me like them

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I'm up to Act 2, Lloyd part 1.

I have to say, from the three opening, I feel Lloyd's is the weakest among all of them.

I know that it's supposed to be a surprise raid, but feels like the execution is poor. Never you mind that nobody notices armed forces suddenly overflowing from the rooftop, let alone a blonde twink leisurely walking across the city square. Also SSS has killed a literal demigod at the end of Azure, yet still managed to have their arses handed to them single-handedly.

Act 2 starts off strong, with Lloyd back to his decisive self, though. So I'm looking forward to whatever this mirror is.
I didn't mind the Act 1 ending to Lloyd's path, mostly since it seems clear that some super natural thing is going on, especially with Novartis popping up. So it's less that aren't strong enough, just that it's not an enemy they can defeat with brute strength. And i don't mind that you can't just brute-force your way through all problems. Gotta be smart sometimes.

• Comfy
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Gotta be smart sometimes.
That's another thing which seems odd to me. The element of surprise already didn't do SSS any favours. Logically speaking, evacuating the town square should be the priority, so Lloyd charging straight at Rufus seems a bit out of character for him. Although it does make for one dramatic exit, for better or worse. And “The Dancer”'s secret identity is probably one of the worst kept secret in the entire Zemuria. :flare_lmao:

Thanks for fixing the Link Attack bug. Although, I have to wonder what percentage of Steam users' hardware are still without AVX support and necessitates this update, since the instruction set was older than 10 years old.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Thanks for fixing the Link Attack bug. Although, I have to wonder what percentage of Steam users' hardware are still without AVX support and necessitates this update, since the instruction set was older than 10 years old.
Yeah it's quite surprising, but we got at least 4 independent reports of this. People are really trying to run these games on some gnarly hardware.

• Comfy

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
We actually broke some ultrawide scenes in yesterday's patch, and there was also one new VR minigame issue reported that we could quickly fix.

• Comfy
Dec 5, 2018
In the middle of Act 2. So far while I expected something like that to happen in the crossbell route I'm not sure I expected Rufus to show up.

With that said I think this is the best line I've ever read in a game (I'm 99% convince that this is a localization decision I can't Imagine the original script having this line):

• Comfy

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
playing this after finishing CS4 has been such a night and day difference in terms of pacing

OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I've completed Act 2 about an hour ago.

What a ride that was. What. a. fucking. ride. :flare_bath:

The back-to-back fight at the end of Act 2 was kind of challenging since we can only scrutinise C's team gears and quartz before jumping in. There's simply not enough sepith drop from Heimdallr catacombs enemies to gear everyone to the nines, but luckily, Rean's team composition wasn't really his "A" team, otherwise I would've stuck there for hours.

Sadly, I still feel like Lloyd's part is still the weakest out of the three. Perhaps it's partly because Nadia and Lapis' banter really carried the later half of Act 2. They're the real treasures.

On to Act 3 after a little break.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I've completed Act 2 about an hour ago.

What a ride that was. What. a. fucking. ride. :flare_bath:

The back-to-back fight at the end of Act 2 was kind of challenging since we can only scrutinise C's team gears and quartz before jumping in. There's simply not enough sepith drop from Heimdallr catacombs enemies to gear everyone to the nines, but luckily, Rean's team composition wasn't really his "A" team, otherwise I would've stuck there for hours.

Sadly, I still feel like Lloyd's part is still the weakest out of the three. Perhaps it's partly because Nadia and Lapis' banter really carried the later half of Act 2. They're the real treasures.

On to Act 3 after a little break.
Just finished this myself, and yeah, so far Reverie is shaping up to be the best Trails game ever to me. Of course, they still need to land the second half of the game, but it's up to a strong start. I don't even mind Lloyds Path, honestly. I agree it is not great, but it's only because of how good ???'s Route is. Honestly, I think it's Rean's path that's the most boring. Up until the end in Act 2, it just feels like some cut footage for CS III and IV. It doesn't help that Falcom has no idea how to write new lines for these characters any more, which makes ???'s Route such a breath of fresh air. Really looking forward to Calvard arc, just because by necessity it will mostly be new characters and new dynamics.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik and QFNS

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
Been loving it so far. Did Act 1. Idk how we are counting these things. Started my first route of Act 2. I'm def hooked which is rare for this early on ina trails game.

• Comfy
Dec 5, 2018
Act 2 finished.

The second half of Rean and C was pretty neat in how it flows.

In a way the fact that this game is more linear and more to the point (at least so far) I think it's an improvement (yes, they seem to have moved the side stuff to the Reverie Corridor, but still)

For the most part C route is the best, I guess it helps that you have a (nearly) whole new cast, that (for the time being) doesn't feel stuck in the same patterns. With that said, I don't know how i feel about that final twist.

• Comfy

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
just hit the credits on this

I still have the post game stuff to do which i'll take my time with since there's still a couple weeks till Baldurs Gate 3 comes out but overall the way I blew through this in like a week and a half after it taking me years to get through CS4 speaks volumes about how it lived up to my hopes of me liking the structure of it a lot more

how much of a breath of fresh air having new characters in the C route felt like has me feeling excited for Kuro being an all new cast and location too, I think my burnout on Cold Steel was mostly just a case of the structure being grating after so many games of the same cast and areas

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
New patch with a number of fixes, but nothing really big:

OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I've completed Act 3.

Really enjoyed C's route once again. The alternating point of view between C's and Lloyd's team is not a bad way of dungeon diving. I enjoyed the boss fight in C's route. Lloyd's, however; was extremely tedious. Even with turbo mode. I don't know how many times we've fought McBurn by this stage, but I had just about enough of him, lol. The fake-Arios fight was not as tedious, although his S-Craft still hits like a damn truck, like it was in Azure.

The real highlight was Rean's route, though. I thought the new Divine Knight was Valimar, at first. I was getting too excited to have the mecha battle again, but then I remember those can be super tedious as well, on Nightmare.

Also, Japan Erebonia has to stop with the depiction of women giving up their vocation because of pregnancy! I expected better from Olivier!

On to Act 4 next. Maybe now it's time for Lloyd to shine!

OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Act 4 Lloyd's route completed.

Perhaps it's the cynic in me, but I thought we already had an entire Randy's character arc back in Azure. It sort of feel like a bit of retread. While I don't particularly mind the character development for the already well-established characters, I have to wonder whether the time spent rehashing it should be better spent in advancing the plot instead. Ultimately, the conversation is short, and we get to dungeon diving again in no time.

The Moon Temple is a relatively modest affair, since by this time Lloyd's team is pretty much well-geared with the proceeds from the True Reverie Corridor. (Not) Much to everyone's surprise, I bet you that we're going to have to fight that final boss again, this time with Rixia in tow.

Won't have much time to play again until Friday, but the game definitely has its grip on me.

Dec 5, 2018
Done with Act 3. I still like that the pace is so fast (which still feels weird for these games), and I like the way they intersect C's route with the others

With that said I'm getting tired of defeat the boss in X amout of turns or constantly being saved by someone in the last possible minute (even if this game, is a bit more contained so far in that aspect)

• Comfy
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Completed the entirety of Act 4, plus all the contents from the 3rd Stratum.

The end of act boss fight in Rean's route was rather painful. I was close to giving up my Nightmare run. Taking away the Spirit Unification, plus the boss' Dis-order effectively made the first few turns a painful affair. Having said that, I finally got my wish of fighting someone new. It would be interesting to see what this ogre Rean clone was all about.

Spent the longest time in the TRC so far. The Vantage Master batch wasn't that bad. Once I have the High Ranger gold master card, plus those +5 ATK Earth cards it's pretty much smooth sailing. Cleared the Normal Mirannaire quiz with 12/15 questions on first try, because some CS I/II questions had me stumped. The real difficulty was clearing Pom Party. Never knew Gaius was such a good/aggressive Pom player.

As always, C's route is a pleasure to play. Grizzly Grim seems to lose a lot of weight. But that's prison life, I guess. The mid-boss fight was difficult, but certainly less painful here, even if there's two of them. The story took a real interesting turn, although it doesn't explain the existence of Ogre Rean (yet).

Played a bit of the Final act after that, but I ran out of U-mats. 4th-tier quartz conversion costs are no joke. I could reshuffle some quartz around, but managing 20+ characters' worth of orbments is a full time job. And that's the job for next weekend, I guess.

OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
At the Finale, start of the final dungeon.

I have to dock some points because Falcom seem hell-bent not to include one of the most important Kiseki protagonists; in a game that is supposed to be the swan song for Western Zemuria. You have multiple minutes of screen time for Shirley, Wald, and even so-and-so Erebonian noble that I didn't care enough to remember his name, but exactly 0 minutes of screen time for Kevin and Ries. OK, Estelle did mention their Merkabah arriving, but it's such a poor showing for an instrumental character to be given merely two sentences in a 100-hour game.

The assault was really exciting, for what's it worth. Erebonia's strongest martial artists deflecting an energy beam physically (with a little help from magic) is as anime as it gets, but I like it a lot. Meanwhile, the "Divine Blade" over here is playing armchair battlefield analyst. lmao.

The latest available Daydreams were rather enjoyable too. Emma's and Tita's are especially enjoyable since it involves dungeon crawling. Fortunately, these are rather on the easier side and (I think) it didn't scale with difficulty from the main game. The real difficulty lies with the Trials. With no Brave Order and rather mismatched team composition, it's always a race to break/stagger the opponent before they can unleash their S-Crafts. I had to grind a bit to meet the level requirements too.

After all these, there's still the post-game content to go through. I swear, the amount of content here is staggering, and definitely can stand toe-to-toe with Falcom's larger peers.

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
At the Finale, start of the final dungeon.

I have to dock some points because Falcom seem hell-bent not to include one of the most important Kiseki protagonists; in a game that is supposed to be the swan song for Western Zemuria. You have multiple minutes of screen time for Shirley, Wald, and even so-and-so Erebonian noble that I didn't care enough to remember his name, but exactly 0 minutes of screen time for Kevin and Ries. OK, Estelle did mention their Merkabah arriving, but it's such a poor showing for an instrumental character to be given merely two sentences in a 100-hour game.

The assault was really exciting, for what's it worth. Erebonia's strongest martial artists deflecting an energy beam physically (with a little help from magic) is as anime as it gets, but I like it a lot. Meanwhile, the "Divine Blade" over here is playing armchair battlefield analyst. lmao.

The latest available Daydreams were rather enjoyable too. Emma's and Tita's are especially enjoyable since it involves dungeon crawling. Fortunately, these are rather on the easier side and (I think) it didn't scale with difficulty from the main game. The real difficulty lies with the Trials. With no Brave Order and rather mismatched team composition, it's always a race to break/stagger the opponent before they can unleash their S-Crafts. I had to grind a bit to meet the level requirements too.

After all these, there's still the post-game content to go through. I swear, the amount of content here is staggering, and definitely can stand toe-to-toe with Falcom's larger peers.
it was pretty funny how
Estelle was all "look it's Kevin!" as the game showed his ship and didn't show him at all

• This!

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Another small patch, primarily just fixing a very specific crash.

• Comfy
Dec 5, 2018
Finished the game. I continue thinking that I love the fact that the main story moves at a great pace (And I don't think we'll see that in a long long time).
In parts the game felt like Rufus redemption arc

With that said, now there's still the post game parts of the Corridor (this game has too much stuff).

• Comfy
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I've cleared the main story too, last night. And stuck in TRC ever since. :flare_lmao:

Still gathering my thoughts, but I enjoyed the story a lot. It's pretty much a redemption story, and despite some shortcomings, it's very much enjoyable from start to finish, owing in no small part to the pacing.

The final dungeon was rather short, although the “True” final dungeon lies in the TRC, I suppose. The mecha battle returned, and it's probably the toughest battle in the final dungeon, too.

Reactions: curi0usBystander
Dec 5, 2018
Where one trail ends, another begins. Now I'm done with the corridor, that last boss took everything from me :sweaty-blob:.
All daydreams watched. With that last daydream that lasted an eternity (it felt like reading 3 short stories) and watching the trailer for Kuro is funny how you can identify 3 characters.

I consider that I'm done with the game, the only things left are some Trial door, and some missions (that all require me to grind) so yeah, done. Been a fun ride. I guess whenever it launches and whenever I get to it a change of cast will be nice Even if it's obvious that we're getting some returning characters....

• Comfy
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I didn't manage to finish the game over the weekend. The 0th stratum seems to go on forever. :flare_lmao:

Apparently there's a Main Mission objective to hit Level 250. I'm nowhere near that, so it's probably an NG+ thing.

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
Into Act 4 now. Completed C's route first, and uh.... maybe I should have saved that one for last LOL.
Excited to see how Lloyd and Rean's routes go.

• Comfy
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I've completed (almost) all coda content. That's it for this playthrough. What a ride.

The true final boss fight was ... quite something.

The first two phases was relatively OK. AT delay strategy worked well, my team entered the third phase with the stock of consumables that isn't exactly well-stocked, but should be doable, right?

Wrong.

On top of Dis-order, the third phase boss nearly nullified the AT delay effect, and sometimes can act 4 times in quick succession. I had the Turbo on, and I had no idea what was taking place until the game told me I got wiped. lol

Evasion tanking is viable, right? Not exactly. I had my strongest tank, Fie with 120% evasion, and she is still getting hit at the most inopportune time.

What is the most inopportune time, you asked? It's when the boss' AOE craft will ignore Adamantine Shield and left the whole party with exactly 1 point of HP for each person,

I don't know how I was able to made it out of there, lol.

I spend more than 250 hours in this game, and I consider it good. :flare_lmao:

The final notes reminded me that Calvard is a real place. Next year, hopefully.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I would also guess 2024 is the plan for Calvard, but on the other hand, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if NISA takes its time and focuses on quality. Reverie came in pretty hot and there were clearly a lot more mistakes in the localisation compared to CS4.