|OT| The official Marvel Cinematic Universe thread!

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I’m so used to now having mcu in my life that when we have a small pause now in October before next stuff comes out in November it kind of feels empty. But I really like having a movie and then tv stuff between movies. I hope they keep that rythme.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Just watched the finale and they nailed the landing! I was seriously ready to give up on the series but the last two episodes was exactly what I wanted and at the same time wouldn't be possible without the standalone episodes.

I hope we get a emo-Strange cameo in the next Doctor Strange Movie.

Reactions: Alexandros
OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Loooved it! But I can easily see why someone would find it stupid. Sure it helped to be in a crowd that were into it so one can’t help to get into it also.
Nice, I'm happy you liked it! Do you have any general thoughts on the movie?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Nice, I'm happy you liked it! Do you have any general thoughts on the movie?
It is really slow at times, but I actually didn’t mind that, since you just get to spend time with the characters. So it depends on how you like them, if the slowness is too much or not. Also it jumps around in time quite a bit which I didn’t mind either, I feel like If it were told in linear fashion that would have been boring, now you get info when it’s relevant to what’s happening in the story. And the celestials were cool as hell.

some things I didn’t like as much, the monsters were little lame and some pop culture references were little jarring.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Eternals is great, but god damn they packed a lot of story in it, I liked that its somewhat distinct from the normal MCU formula, but it should've been better if they divided it into 2 parts, would've loved if they had expended each Eternal backstory some more.

Yeah, its pretty clear that not everyone will like this movie after watching it, I liked it alot tho'.

Angelina Jolie is fucking fantastic.

The two post credits scenes are the best in a long while in the MCU.

OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
We just had a very big leak about Spider-man: No Way Home, DO NOT CLICK if you don't want to be spoiled about important characters being in the movie:

• Gib
Reactions: prudis

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Aaaaagh want to click so bad! But I don't want to know too much about the movie either.

Hmh, not sure how I feel about the aspect ration. But it seem legit, meaning they havent just cropped but there is now more visual info. I have never rewatched MCU and was thinking that one day I would, might as well with the new versions.

Last edited:

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Would've been really nice if we at least got a release window for these shows =/, I only saw Ms Marvel with "summer 22", this "soon" bullshit is fucking annoying.

OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
All the shows look great! As a TV guy I am more excited for the shows than I am for the movies.

• Gib
Reactions: Le Pertti

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
This probably gonna be the first movie I watch in the cinema in a long long time.

Spidey probably gonna be the first to a billion USD since the pandemic started.

OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
Yeah, hype for this movie is through the roof, it will be a massive hit.

OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
Fantastic, it was heavily rumored anyway but I am glad it's official. Charlie Cox did an excellent job with the character.

OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
Yeah Charlie Cox was one of the best parts of daredevil, I was half expecting him to be in the new Spiderman.
The funny thing is that his casting was initially met by backlash because "his hairline isn't like Matt's from the comics". Yes, seriously. Then the first episode came out and everyone was like "...oh, he is perfect for the role".

OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
No Way Home is reviewing very well so far. If you are mindful of spoilers, definitely avoid reading the Variety and Daily Beast reviews.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Todays episode of Hawkeye was so good! That ending!:so-good-blob:

Gonna see Spiderman this weekend! So many good MCU right now!

• Gib
OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
Todays episode of Hawkeye was so good! That ending!:so-good-blob:

Gonna see Spiderman this weekend! So many good MCU right now!
Yeah it's awesome, Marvel Studios again knocked it out of the park.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Just got back from Spider-man:

Charlie Cox, Alfred Molina, Willem Dafoe, Jamie Foxx, Andrew Garfield, Tobey Maguire were amazing, but the ending did sour the whole thing for me, I know why they did it, but ending on a downer like that was a disservice for what they accomplished.

Matt catching the brick was marvelous tho'.

That post credit scene, multiversal symbiote top notch.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Last episode of Hawkeye was pretty good, I liked it alot, but I wish to had watched it before Spider-Man NWH, feels kinda underwhelming.

Now we need a road trip series or movie with Kate and Yelena.