Community The Visual Novel Council | All Choices Lead To Here

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
"The Grisaia Trilogy launches for Switch in Japan on November 7. English and Japanese language options are supported."
Oooooooooooohhhhh ! :hushed-face:

Reactions: 「Echo」

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Ciconia - despite all the game analogies - seem more similar to Higurashi rather than Umineko so far, which is something I appreciate. I personally disliked all the meta-magic stuff.
I'm maybe at the halfway point in Ciconia, I just got to "(temporary name)", so this post is is based on a lot of speculation.

I haven't read Higurashi yet, but I agree that Ciconia doesn't feel much like Umineko. In a lot of ways it reminds me more of Rose Guns Days, but it remains to be seen if that keeps up and it does seem to be heading in a very different direction. On the other hand, the Wisdoms and the prophecies(?) and perhaps even time-travel that are hinted at could bring the story closer to Umineko, but that is just conjecture.

One element where Ciconia does remind me of Umineko is (spoiler for content in the Ciconia demo) the battle scene between the two Gauntlet knights, which felt a lot like the duel between Beatrice and Virgilia, but that is of course a relatively minor element in Umineko's overall meta-narrative.

I liked Dies Irae a lot, I enjoy chuuni stuff though
You and me both.
It did get a little bit ridiculous with some of the monologues, but overall I found the novel to be a very enjoyable read.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Sorta in the mood to try Fate Stay Night VN, but just parsing through the different version is uhhhh.
I can't read a fucking 50+ hours VN with reading OCD, what could go wrong. Somnium Files is tempting too.

Reactions: Exzyleph

Kvik

Spooky Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm in the mood for a short(ish) horror visual novel and Death Mark is on sale right now. Is it a sign?
My playthrough took about ~15hrs. There weren't many text in the game, and you spent time more exploring and solving puzzles, mostly. It features more creepy and disturbing atmosphere, rather than jump scares (although there's a little bit of that as well). 50% off is a decent discount, I'll say.

Reactions: NeuralProxy