Community The Visual Novel Council | All Choices Lead To Here

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Same, I thought it was going to be a standard isekai/fantasy game. Happy to find out that it is an action title.

Regarding localization, well, you never know! I heard sekai games is losing money for releasing Baldr Sky, but they sell two games with the price of a single title. The translation cost of this title should not be as costly and they should have less difficulty to break even. If it is not picked up by any publisher, hopefully a fan translation will be done.:cat-heart-blob:
Yeah I'm still holding out hope it can happen one day, but I'm running with the assumption that it's not happening until it's out as a patch/on Steam/on a 3rd party shop and that's made it much easier to cope (RIP any hopes of Muramasa).

MangaGamer's last Black Monday sale, Dec. 2nd last year, had much better discounts, so it might be worth waiting for that instead.
There's some games on there that got a bigger discount than they did last year, specifically Sengoku Rance and Maggot Baits, but still probably better to wait because they might get bigger discounts come this Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Reactions: Jim_Cacher

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Sekai Project has announced that I Walk With Zombies 3 is coming this December, adding to the increasingly busy end-of-year release schedule:

Interestingly, it looks like the Steam release will be an "all-ages" version, unlike the previous two parts.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
So help me out here.

I installed the 7th mod for the first Higurashi game on Steam.

Which sprites are the best for a good experience? OG are... not appealing, I like Manga Gamer's art, and the console art looks alike generic 2010s anime artstyle.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
MangaGamer has announced a limited physical edition of Sengoku Rance.
Looks pretty nice, if you can tolerate Rance:

So help me out here.

Which sprites are the best for a good experience? OG are... not appealing, I like Manga Gamer's art, and the console art looks alike generic 2010s anime artstyle.
It sounds like you've answered your own question. Just pick the the version you like the most, cause you'll be looking at it for a long time.

Last edited:

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
So help me out here.

I preferred the console art the most of the 3, but I also read Higurashi back way before the MG release (so no voices in the version I read) so I might be a bit biased. Just choose whatever you like the most and avoid the unironic "it's not the true when they cry experience if ur not getting ham hands" crowd.

Speaking of Rance, I've been playing a decent amount of 01 and it's a very weird, but fascinating experience. I know it's technically a remake, but it's such a cool thing from a historical prespective considering it's from 1989, which would put it around the same era as games like the original Ys, DQ, and Zelda. It has a weird old charm to it with a fresh coat of paint that I can't really describe. It's a shame we probably aren't getting the 03 remake anytime soon (which I hear is a legitimately great game) as I'd love to play it all in chronological order and see how the series evolved over the decades.

Jim_Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
In terms of outlook and combat design, Nayuta is my favorite character in Yumina. Elegant, beautiful and absolutely ruthless. She gave me a hard time in battle even though I was well-prepared.

Edit: Graduation route done. Going after Ai route next.

Last edited:

Jim_Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Yumina keeps crashing to desktop in battlle. It has crashes before but not too frequent. Looks like my rig is too powerful for the game🙁

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Fallstreak: Requiem for my Homeland and Jiangshi x Daoshi episode 3 are out now:

Note that the first two episodes of JxD are free and well worth reading in my opinion.

JAST also just added the two ANIPLEX.EXE titles to their store: Adabana Old Tales and ATRI -My Dear Moments-

These are also available on Steam, but Adabana Odd Tales is region locked in the EU on Steam.

Personally I'd highly recommend reading ATRI. I was mostly hyped for Adabana, due to the art, but ATRI ended up exceeding all my expectations and has been one of my favorite reads of 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim_Cacher

Jim_Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
I did not follow new VNs for a long time, so I just found out Hakuchuumu no Aojashin was released already (saw its billboard in Akiba back in Tokyo), and apparently it is one of the best rated title in 2020. The premise is very intriguing indeed, and people said the music and songs (it has four opening!) are all fantastic.

To avoid spoiler, I have only watched the teaser trailer. Already in love with this song いつかの白昼夢.