Community The Visual Novel Council | All Choices Lead To Here

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
This hopefully bodes well for their VN licenses to be picked up in the near future. Someone please save Nukitashi 🙏

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
May drop some money on DMM next month as the summer sale ends on August 16th. Instead I got Madou Koukaku today. This is going to be my second Eushully game (first is Soukoku no Arterial and it was pretty fun to play although the story is mediocre) and I have heard good things of the mechanics and the story. Pretty excited to start playing it after installation.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019

PC port please.
Our prayers were answered

Even more news!!

A sci;adv game that could actually have a good localization on day 1???

Last edited:

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Just shown on the FGO AX stream alongside a trailer. Official western release confirmed for PS4 and Switch

Yuzu here to save the day

Last edited:

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Has the TL project finished? :flare_think:

I'll have to look into getting a Switch copy if that's the case.
The half moon patch (arc route) is releasing in a few weeks.

Ciel route will be longer, think they're aiming for end of year.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
nice. AX delivered.

More Nitro+ is always good.

Also Kvik reminded me on discord that more Seishoujo is coming. GD comes out in 1 month by Shiravune. It doesn't have any content that would ban it from Steam, but also, who the fuck knows anymore with Valve.

• Comfy

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Just shown on the FGO AX stream alongside a trailer. Official western release confirmed for PS4 and Switch

Yuzu here to save the day

idk much of anything about this game, it's the same dev as Fate and Tsukihime? Are they all connected plot wise or are each of these standalone?

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Are they all connected plot wise or are each of these standalone?
(Light Tsukihime/Tsukihime Remake spoiler) Aoko Aozaki, the protagonist of Mahoyo has a minor appearance in Tsukihime/Tsukire, although Mahoyo is set earlier in the continuity (late Showa-era). Hence, Aoko is an adult in Tsukihime.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
People who have bought or played Meteor World Actor, I recommend you watching the new anime or reading the novel of Classroom of the Elite. It is written by the same writer.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
People who have bought or played Meteor World Actor, I recommend you watching the new anime or reading the novel of Classroom of the Elite. It is written by the same writer.
If you had told me that two weeks ago I would have never started Meteor World Actor, because that I remember that Anime being atrocious...
... but as you did not tell me that I read and finished both Meteor World Actor AND the sequel Badge and Dagger during the last two weeks and really enjoyed both VN's (intriguing setting, quirky characters, great art & music).

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
If you had told me that two weeks ago I would have never started Meteor World Actor, because that I remember that Anime being atrocious...
... but as you did not tell me that I read and finished both Meteor World Actor AND the sequel Badge and Dagger during the last two weeks and really enjoyed both VN's (intriguing setting, quirky characters, great art & music).
The first season was heavily cut and converted haha. Many fans weren't cool about the changes. Tbf I would rather recommend the novel, but as season 2 just goes on air, i thought maybe i should mention the anime as well.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Part of me hopes that when Shiravune is done with Utawareruremono, they could get some other AquaPlus stuff. Personally I really liked Tears to Tiara 1 + 2 ...

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Part of me hopes that when Shiravune is done with Utawareruremono, they could get some other AquaPlus stuff. Personally I really liked Tears to Tiara 1 + 2 ...
They just tried, Valve rejected Dungeon Travellers 2 for Steam release.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Valve and their entire submission process is such a clown show. Wish press would make a bigger deal about how their submission process can literally kill an entire game's development just cuz some random joe clicked "no" and doesn't provide devs any feedback on why it was rejected or even a way to resubmit it.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Gaming Press making any kind of fuss about VN's with sexual content won't go well. Worst case there'll be public outcry about teenage characters and Valve will ban all Nukige-likes going forward. Probably why Publisher outcry is muted every time a game gets rejected.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Gaming Press making any kind of fuss about VN's with sexual content won't go well. Worst case there'll be public outcry about teenage characters and Valve will ban all Nukige-likes going forward. Probably why Publisher outcry is muted every time a game gets rejected.
Completely agree, I do think people sometimes underestimate the risks to Steam and I think Valve knows those risks and sometimes errs on the side of banning stuff rather than risk it. That said, I can also completely understand the frustration when you see what games are already being sold on the platform and the consistency being applied.

Really, I think the biggest issue are the one and done bans. Like ebihime does not strike me as someone who is deliberately trying to skirt rules, in fact, I would actually argue she is probably being punished more for being honest than several other games that have content restored with widely available patches outside of Steam. She would likely go way out of her way to make any changes and resubmit, but she is given no chance.

• Comfy

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
That's what I mean specifically in regards to press making a big deal out of, why is Steam's policy so incredibly strict as to provide no feedback or even allow resubmissions for devs? I know the resubmission process on console can be a nightmare, but at least they're allowed where as Steam will just outright ban your account you if you try to resubmit, even if you're a verified developer who's released games on their platform before.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I managed to install Tamayura Mirai demo on the Deck when I was testing it, so yesterday I went to Akihabara and grabbed the full game to see if I can get it to work.

I connected the Deck with a USB hub, hooked up a disc drive and just copied the files on the disc to my Deck. Then, I followed the usual practice (followed this guide if you missed my post in the Deck thread) and set up the launch exe file on Lutris. Didn't even install the game, and BAM! It launches without any problem. Haven't get to the opening movie yet but I surely hope it works like intended. And the font is totally readable, too.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
After tinkering with the steam deck for a week, I finally decided that it is not worth the time to move non-steam VN onto the deck because the successful rate is pretty low (~25%). Many often they have Japanese file name so they don't run properly even after a successful installation.

Just play them on my main rig and forget the trouble.

Edit: Look into Moonlight instead. Mind-f**king blown. Why did I make so much effort into making these games to run natively when streaming is perfect lol?

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Dub

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Edit: Look into Moonlight instead. Mind-f**king blown. Why did I make so much effort into making these games to run natively when streaming is perfect lol?
PROTIP: Moonlight is even better if you have an OLED tablet to stream to my 10.5" one is way more comfortable to hold with one hand than Deck 😏

• Eyes
Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
PROTIP: Moonlight is even better if you have an OLED tablet to stream to my 10.5" one is way more comfortable to hold with one hand than Deck 😏
I still think OLED is overrated. I don't usually play games in bright lighting so the OLED on my PSV doesn't look that different from other screens. :face-without-mouth:

About that one hand thing though....... you have a point ;)

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Vita OLED is 1st gen one, really crappy all around. Day and thigh difference between newer ones.
Sure, if you play with lights on, a good IPS panel is all you need. I usually start VNing after midnight and can't really turn the lights on not to wake up other family members, so OLED it is for me.

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher