Community The Visual Novel Council | All Choices Lead To Here

Linked fandisc for KL by mistake
  • Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
    Oct 9, 2018
    NekoNyan just dropped a bunch of announcements (post 1 and post 2):

• Senren*Banka (Steam) will be released on the 14th next month (Valentines Day)
    • Aokana Kickstarter merch has been delayed due to the Corona virus; translation of the next drama CDs and fan-disc is expected to "soon" and "in the next few months", respectively.
    • Making Loves and Hello Lady is 100% translated and edited; both are expected to be released "within the next few months".
    • Fureraba ~Friend to Lover~ will be released on the Nintendo Switch, including the extra Vita content for the game, which will be released for PC at the same time.
    • Dracu-Riot officially announced and is 100% translated and edited. It is currently being ported to a new engine. This game was previously licensed by Sekai Project.
    • Riddle Joker officially announced.
    • Kin'iro Loveriche officially announced and is 40% translated and 12% edited
    • IxSHE Tell officially announced and is 45% translated and 45% edited
    • Clover Day's officially announced and is currently 100% translated and 0% edited

EDIT: Was trying to specify an edit-reason and it turned out that was the Threadmark field. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
    Reactions: DeejayDoom
    Shift-JIS Unzip Tools
  • EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
    Dec 8, 2018
    I think this might come in handy for some people in here but it's possibly more applicable to Japanese Indie RPGs than Visual Novels but anyway. I have some JPN games that have been translated to english but some assets retain their original JPN filename encoding and while looking for the 7zip command line option and getting sidetracked into Locale Emulators i found this utility.

Download the zip from releases. Extract to a folder and drop the .zip with the JIS encoded filenames onto sjisunzip.exe and it's done.
    I can confirm it worked and is easier than me remembering the 7zip command line options for locale encodings.

SJIS (Shift JIS) Unzip by kjerk on github
    SJIS (Shift JIS) Unzip fork by HunterVacui with extra options

HunterVacui's version is newer, from 2020, and has options to try to find best encoding options and other useful things. It's the one i'd try first.

Last edited: