|OT| The Vtuber Thread | MetaHoloCouncil

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Damn, Calli really was involved in 4 different songs released over 3 days. Does she ever sleep?
No.
No, she does not.

Calli is a workaholic and every few months she takes a break to avoid burnout but even then a lot of her breaks actually end up with her doing some form of "work" for a few of the days off. I think she was worse for it before though and like Ina, having a "regular" streaming job has helped her start to sort her schedule out. A tiny bit but it's a start, lol.

Reactions: Mutant Strawberry

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Obake PAM, i mean, Boss has a cover of Go Through released the other day.

She's another VTuber with strong gremlin vibes but when she gets serious her singing is amazing. The unarchived live performance on Oct 30th was insane. She sings Lilium from Elfen Lied really well too and doots on the flute too. Very entertaining for a supposed "brand" vtuber. She gets along well with Tsunderia and the other small groups in that circle too and collabed with Tenma and 8 others in the recent "Prop and Seek" two part thing arranged by Tenma.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Amelia is having a short "Behind The Scenes" stream with a tour of the HoloEN VRChat map at 2am gmt

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
The omocat tweet, apparently Kiara was dropping hints and super excited to be working with them and they had a lot of input into the design/designs?
I'd say it's probably only Myth at the moment as they have a more established brand identity and that's their logo in the background.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Kiara teaching Flare Austrailian wink German as mentioned in the Minecraft meetup they had a week or so ago.
I expect it's going to be mainly Japanese and German with very little english involved?

Ina has an art & gameplay stream for the global release of Hatsune Miku Colorful Stage

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Ririsya has an announcement video for later today and I am nervous...

It is regarding future activities which is just vague enough that it is hard not to speculate the worst...

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Totally forgot to post the Holostars cover of Monster they premiered 2 days ago!
Holostars need more limelight, they're great even though i don't watch as much as i should i do try to catch Aururan and Roberu when i get a chance.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Dedicated Server with no spawns so they can't kill the wandering trader this year.
Sports arena will be copied to the new server which has a capacity of 100 and Miko says it's looking good.

Daily Short Videos from HoloEN is a new channel where Hololive English will post short clips probably so they can keep the main channel for big news and events and keep the fun stuff seperate. With a year of streams to go through there's a lot of content they can put up.

Hololive English Daily Shorts Channel

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm on Watame's PoV during the PvP exercise match and it was lagging a bit, perhaps 2 seconds. Not a big deal though. Arena looks good, plenty of improvements.

'

:flare_lmao:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
IRyS said she is POV for her team and the role was chosen according to lowest ping which is ironic considering it's Watame and Bae running POV for their teams, lol!

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, that's it -- I just did a full refresh and also looked at it in a new private window and the timestamp is working for me in both cases. No idea what's going on there.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, that's it -- I just did a full refresh and also looked at it in a new private window and the timestamp is working for me in both cases. No idea what's going on there.
All i can say is, youtube? My browsers are set to inprivate or whatever mode by default so it wasn't that but i swear i clicked the link and middle-clicked which opens in a new tab and each time it took me to the start of the video. I quoted your post and could see the timestamp in seconds so the link was good. Just to make me look stupid i clicked the link again just now and it worked. grrrrrr.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Risu has a cover of Flos out tomorrow. I love that track and Okayu's cover of it is one of my favorite tracks ever.

This mashup of Risu a capella and Okayu is great too. Their voices mix so well.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
These three have such good chemistry. I'd forgotten how well Botan and Korone get along. Their Dead Space sessions were freaking amazing.

ExistentialThought Good News! Ririsya's announcement was tha she is taking a month break to concentrate on her music and to improve her English skills so she can communicate better with the overseas fans. I'm so glad it wasn't bad news.

Last edited:

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
These three have such good chemistry. I'd forgotten how well Botan and Korone get along.
I was watching Flare and Okayu's practice run collab last night and these three were there too. Miko has really ramped up the difficulty of the Heaven & Hell course. It's almost impossible to do a no-checkpoint run except for Botan (of course). :flare_lmao:

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Miko's PoV for tomorrow is up. Still considering what is the best Holodex layout for 7 streams. The odd number plus the chat windows aren't making it easy. Maybe I'll fire up my old laptop and throw the HoloEN PoVs in there, then I should have more screen real estate on my TV. Although it's a bit of a hassle when I want to swap audio. :flare_think:

Reactions: ExistentialThought

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
If only there was some KAWAII CLIPS CHannel on youtube that had captured holo unarchived karaoke split into seperate tracks.

HACHI has a new cover debut the other day. Watch it, She's great!
GoolgeTranslate says "If the world is over, we will choose / Tonarimachi Honpo & HACHI"

And AMOKA! Watch AMOKA they are awesome too!

Looks like the JP VTuber Community had an event on - Adventune3

I was expecting Ayunda voice for the cover of Flos but nope the madlass has sang it in Risu voice. Amazing.

She has such a range it never fails to impress me.

Reactions: 「Echo」

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
LOTS of last minute practise sessions going on of course.
Looking at Ame's Practise stream the obstacle course is higher risk/reward this time but there's beds so you can checkpoint at least.

"It's the ping!" lol, never change, Ame! :D

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
OMFG! I thought Danchou was going to be streaming some kind of english language stream with a cookery theme as the thumbnail is called "Nosh" and features a bunch of 1970s looking food pictures. No, Nope and No again.
There seems to be a sponsored stream for a japanese company called "Nosh".

I'm actually blown away by how 1970s those images look, lol.

[Nosh-] Enjoy a delicious and healthy meal! !! !! ✨ [Noel Shirogane / Holo Live]
Provided by: nosh
"Easy to eat healthy and delicious meals at home." Nash develops and cooks menus based on nutritional value standards established in consideration of health, freezes them, and delivers them to your home. You can enjoy it immediately just by warming it when you like. Only for those who watched this distribution, you can purchase the entire set for ¥ 3,000 OFF when you first purchase it! Check the URL below for details!
I was going to post the links to the viewpoints for the Sports Festival that starts at 04:00 GMT but this... this caught my eye and had to be posted first.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, i like Zentreya and i have 3 of their enamel badges from the recent VShojo merch they did.
Take your time, Zen and come back when ready. We aren't going anywhere we'll still be here.

Also next week is great because Sana returns after taking a couple of weeks break to sort things out, which is great to hear and also i get to see my main Holomem, AZKi, tomorrow at the Sports Fest as she's been stupid busy with her music lately and hasn't streamed much. Which to be honest, her fanbase isn't that bothered about and we did get the SorAZ Sports Fest practise so it's all good.

After seeing their interactions in clips i REALLY would love to see a Korone & Ame collab where they get to let their mischievous gremlin sides out and do stupid stuff together or in a team. They seem to be on the same wavelength.

Also, spot the difference.

You can't, they're the same troll energy.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Stayed up late until 3am watching White Team B training stream. Woke up this morning at 7am. It's going to be a long day. :flare_sleepy:

Got my Holodex multiview sorted too (All 7 PoVs).

The red light, green light arena looks good too. :flare_utawaku:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'm probably going to watch the two EN Teams of IRyS Red C and Bae White C and then JP Red Team A because AZKi.
If there's going to be a lot going on then i'll stick to the EN Teams and Red Team A is Pekora, Sora so there's bound to be a LiveTL in chat i can use YTCFilter to highlight. I'll then catch the highlight vids that will hopefully turn up in a few days to a week. Until then the clips will do, my Japanese is nowhere near good enough to catch much of anything at all in the chaos of it all. Maybe next year i'll have a better chance of understanding some of a JP stream, lol.

Thinking about it i might watch the Miko/Mio/A-Chan POV too or at least have it on in the background as it was interesting last year for an overview of what's going on.

I'm currently watching Tenma play Hades but i may get my head down for some sleep for an hour or two before 4am start.

Miko & Mio Commentary & Judges

Red A - Pekora, Sora, AZKi

White

White C with BEEEG SANA! Yay!

Last edited:
  • Comfy

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Until then the clips will do, my Japanese is nowhere near good enough to catch much of anything at all in the chaos of it all. Maybe next year i'll have a better chance of understanding some of a JP stream, lol.
Taishi (Coco/Kson's translator) has organised a roster of community translators:

They are aiming to cover the whole 7 hours, so I think with a nice Holodex setup (especially in UW monitor) with LiveTL extension we should be sorted for the duration. :flare_mogu:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Excellent, good to see there's EN->ES too, i suppose EN->JP and JP->ES are being handled by other teams elsewhere.
Though i wonder how much of a call for EN->JP there is and i suppose a lot of the EN & ID girls will be mixing JP in out of habit anyway.

I've also realised i have my PC with a 27" screen and because i'm "Working From Home" i have the work 4k 32" UW on my desk and for the first time i've seriously considered connecting it to my own PC and running Dual Screen for tomorrow... then i realised i could just fire up the Tablet PC from work and have streams on a 4k screen rather than 1440p. It'll be 4am so i'll have headphones on anyway. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
  • Comfy

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
You can throw the video streams at the big screen and have the tablet PC for the chat window/TL exclusively. Blow by blow commentary on Meta can be done on the mobile phone. Done.

In fact, I should do that too. :flare_lmao:

Someone from the 35P Discord is organising this Google Form to fill out and send to Miko as words of thanks/encouragement considering she's been organising the festival non-stop for the past few days without much sleep. She sounded real tired during last night's collab too.

Here is the form: Message for Mikochi!

The deadline is before the last event of the festival, I think.

• Comfy

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Okay this is bedlam, ha! I think i'll keep it on Bae's POV for audio and switch between other views to see what's going on.
I thought being a camera POV would be tricky but damn it's tricky as heck... and as i type AkaiHaato just attacked rushia on the Podium, lol.
Yeah, i'm gonna need to rewatch some streams later and definitely some highlights and clips! So it's no different to last year then, heh.

• Comfy

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Silvervale has a new 3D Model and ... well, booba.

That "Chat" face tho, spot on.

Ollie is hiding in Bae's voice chat because IRyS team has been doing "Valley Girl" accents for the last 10 minutes and it's driving her mad, lol.
Calli has just turned up and dragged her back to the team VC lol!

"Red Light, Green Light" is great but savage if your ping is bad. "It's the PING!" ha

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Bless 'em, Miko and Mio are crying because it's been such a good games and is so tense for a tie ending.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
That was one of the best Hololive content I've ever watched, lmao. the multiple reversals during the last race were what shonen anime was made of. :flare_lmao:

Lots to unpack, especially for the other POVs I didn't stay for long.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, i ended up staying with Bae's POV and the final relay was insane. they got hit hard by ping during some events but mainly the Ore Mining PvP event yet ended up winning it with Bae stealing everything. lol.

I'll probably put IRyS' POV on during the week and watch that while i wait for highlights and clips.

Great event though even if i was drifting off from waking up at 4am after getting 2hrs sleep, ha.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.

the Ore Mining PvP event yet ended up winning it with Bae stealing everything. lol.
She was left unchecked for 60 seconds to go and ended up looting the entire diamond stack from the Red Team. As Pekora put it:

Shoutout to Taishi and the rest of community translators for their tireless work.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I remember this moment.
I heard someone on White Team C ask what the others were doing.
The reply, "Twerking"

The madlass Kanata looks like she has the whole event covered second-by-second in screenshots and is going through them on her stream.

Kiara, Mumei, Ame, Gura playing Mario Party Superstars tonight.

Last edited: