|OT| The Vtuber Thread | MetaHoloCouncil

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Speaking of Nijisanji, there's a Nijisanji EN Mario Kart 8 DX MegaEvent very early Monday morning GMT.
It's hosted by Taka from Niji-ID and Ban Hada from Niji-KR and you KNOW they will be stirring things up whenever they get a chance. lol.

I'll post again on Sunday evening to remind people. Luckily i have next week off work so i will be able to catch all of the malding as it happens.
There will be SALT.
Friendships will be ruined... again.

Monster Rancher 1&2 are coming to Steam so here's some HoloRancher moments.

Poor Mio got it right in the feels.

Those sniffles, bless her.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Kvik and others.
Quick question. any of you lot signed up for Tenso, the JP mailing service or similar companies? I need to send them photos of proof of address and i wondered if i need to remove customer number from the documents or if it doesn't really matter if a japanese company have them? I suspect it's not an issue but i wondered what advice you have.

Going to ask in the model thread too.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I removed the customer ID from my electric bill and they didn't complain. I suppose as long as our legal name and the current address match it should be OK.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I removed the customer ID from my electric bill and they didn't complain. I suppose as long as our legal name and the current address match it should be OK.
Thanks for that. I sent in the front part of a utility bill and my mobile phone bill and i blanked out the customer number, just in case.
I'll check my email over the next few days but i suspect i won't get a reply until Tuesday/wednesday now.
I went and placed the order and i think i got the address filled in correctly, i used google translate to check, so hopefully in a few weeks i will have an intact PRISM Project Pina Pengin Mug and keychain on my doorstep. It's expensive as heck but at the moment i can afford it and i want to support her and get a Pina/Broguin Mug out of the deal too. Next hurdle is dealing with Tenso delivering the goods from their warehouse but i'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I now have 3 hoodies, 6 mugs ( 5xMyth & 1xPina ) and a PRISM Halloween Wall Banner on order and some of them won't turn up until Feb/March next year, lol.

Ina was saying in her COD stream that she's had things on order so long she's forgotten they're on their way until they turn up. I'm not that bad but i'm getting there, ha, fingers crossed it all turns up undamaged.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I guess HoloCouncil was at AnimeNYC today but it was so crowded... all the twitter posts i saw about it was complaints how no one could squeeze in lol.

What's interesting is Omega had merch and stuff...? But Omega hasn't actually done anything but tweet right?

(Omega bottom right)

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I know Sana was at AnimeNYC but i didn't know if anyone else was... Oh, here you go.

Audio isn't great but they never are, maybe a cleaned up audio clip will popup at some point.

Omega is HoloEN's equivalent of A-Chan in that they are a producer/manager/organizer type but cover got on the characterisation from the start and fans have been asking for Omega merch forever. Hell, there's been Omega FanFic since Day 0, lol.

Behind the scenes Omega has worked their ass off, but yeah apart from some tweets and an appearance in the Council Intro/Outro movies or clips they haven't made any "content" no.

Omega & A-Chan collab when?!

Reactions: 「Echo」

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Pretty impressive rendition:

It's an interesting contrast between Enna being one of the most gremlin Vtubers out there and her singing like that.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
From a slightly scuffed debut to a VTuber i've ended up watching a lot of, Sumi from PRISM Project has impressed me. I really hope the Gen 4 PRISMers will help bring the project some more coverage and support as i really enjoy the team they have there.

I've also been watching a lot of Reiny recently as she's been streaming frequently in their push to get 20k subs.
She has a collab with Zero Project and Aoi from PRISM tomorrow morning.

Sora & AZKi had one of their usual very chill Minecraft sessions earlier on. They are so comfy together, love it.

There's also history behind that crater and Sora Station and it also shows just how much building has been done on the HoloJP Server in the last 2 years.

Sora was in on the prank and was watching the stream and thought it would be funny to login at that moment. They got Towa good.

Ame playing GHostrunner was a ton of fun and salt and rage but mainly fun.
... and finally, after her stream turned into an 11 hour Kirby Endurance run because she was enjoying herself. Sana has a Kirby collab with Watame!

Bae has a Minecraft collab with Mio. I am hoping for tons of blessed giggles.

Hopefully having more JP speaking members on the EN side will bring about more EN/JP collabs as they won't just rely on Kiara who is working damned hard lately. I'm grateful for Sana and Kiara as they tend to stream at EU friendly times more often than the others. yay.

• Comfy

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Ahead of their Live Concert on Thursday, Gen 3 HoloFantasy have an original MV out and it's ace.

It's also been a year since Hololive Songs started charting views of Original and Cover songs.

• Comfy

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Selen is streaming her POV for the NijiEN #NijiClash Mario Kart 8 DX Racing & Balloon Fight Mega Event - Lazulight vs Obsydia vs Ethyria

Official commentary stream.

Last edited:

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I still have to organise my ticket to the Fan Fun Island. :flaregalaxycat:

I'm actually in the market for a new TV right now and thinking about it, watching it on a new TV should be an experience. Perhaps I'll give my local electronics retailer a ring to see if they're willing to cut me an early Black Friday deal and have it delivered by Wednesday evening. :flare_think:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
You know how i said i wasn't as bad as Ina because she forgets she's ordered things? Well that was a lie.
I had an email from some company in america saying they had shipped my t-shirts. I thne remembered that i had ordered two of the t-shirts from the HoloEN Jackbox collab.

PRISM put Pina's merch on Booth but made it Tenso only so i couldn't use Buyee even though they are the same company. I am now applying for a passport sooner than i planned so that i can confirm my name and date of birth so that Tenso will forward my mug and keychain. I think i'm going to lose out on this one but i might email back and with a photo of my Birth Certificate and say my Passport is being processed and hope they accept it otherwise i think i may lose my Pina merch and i'll be very sad.

Some up coming streams:
Calli and Bae in 5 mins reviewing pets and drinking. Hopefully this isn't an act and is legit. I don't want Bae "acting" drunk for the lulz.

Roboco and Ame have a VRChat collab 6am GMT tomorrow morning.

Pina has a rescheduled FMAKaraoke stream 11pm GMT today. Yay!

Everyone else is playing Pokemon Nuzzlocke or Lorelocke it seems. Some places must be pissed at how wellthis Pokemon game is selling and how many people are actually enjoying the games, lol.

Pekomain translated Korone's Metroid Dread run into a 2.5 hour extravaganza with chat comments too. Madness.

AZKi has a MOSAIC.WAV cover premiere tomorrow!

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik and Durante

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Looking at the grainy lighting is that a render? I doubt the actual model will be that detailed but i may be wrong.
That's impressive as hell yeah but the thought of painting it gives me anxiety, lol.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

First look on Holoearth gameplay! Looks a lot like Craftopia :tightly-closed-eyes:
It really does!

I am still skeptical, outside of the Hololive characters, I am just not sure yet...There is just so much competition in the crafting world, that I think it really needs to have some sort of hook beyond the Hololive property to really sell it.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik and Gintaro

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
For me it just needs to be a competent game and i'll play it. One that looks good, controls well, has some depth to the systems but nothing insane and a lot of exploration. Stick a bunch of Holomems in there and i'll be happy.
I literally only I remember Craftopia from the early Hololive streams and we know that if it's on PC then there will be a million Chibi Walfie mods and model rips within a week. lol. Oh, that'd be great as we would probably also get some Holostars mods too. I'll watch the full video later.

Meanwhile Haachama is getting great mileage out of the beardy face reveal meme, lol.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Shien and Roberu have a cover of Mrs Pumpkin on the way. Tomorrow, 11am GMT.

Okay what did this channel used to be? Or if it's new, when did i subscribe to it?
Youtube - HAACHAMA DARKWEB CH - Short vids

It's obviously Haachama's shitposting channel. lol.

The cycle continues. Many of the Holomems are now good enough at minecraft that they are back playing Skyblock or a variant of it.
I remember when Fubuki started playing it because vanilla Minecraft wasn't fulfilling anymore but to the others it was a whole new world.
Pekora and Marine have returned to their Skyblock world and Gura started playing it last week too.

Bonus: Marine almost losing it at how cute Watame's Pixel art is.

This is how to damage Senchou. With a cuteness overload.

6.5k watching Ame's "Live" rebroadcast of her pre-recorded scuffed Piano Karaoke? and i'm one of them. It's scuffed but it's full of heart and there's something oddly soothing about it. Chat is loving it too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Álvaro de Campos

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Chuubas in sync has knocked it out of the park with this one. I love it.

I'll always think of Ame when i hear this song now. Forever.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Fan Fun Island was a blast! No technical difficulties with SPWN. Sadly with my new 4K TV the compression artifact is more visible than ever. The sound quality is really good, though. Everyone sounds crystal clear. Flare and Senchou's voices especially are as crisp as ever.

Some screenshots.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Obake PAM continues to have a blast living her VTuber life while running Play Asia.
Caffiene Fuelled Turbo Cringe ahead. Love her.

I'm going to have to dig out some more clips of her Karaoke as she has an insane voice when she's not arseing about. Her 9k Karaoke last night was great fun.

Something must be working out well for PlayAsia as they've launched another VTuber, an "Assistant" to the Boss.
She seems to play anything, like PAM, but is more FPS focussed while PAM really likes VNs.

Aka Mana Ch. - Youtube - PlayAsia VTuber

They've already had a "Naruto Only" Fortnite collab with Tsunderia and on that note a shout out to Tsunderia who are always organising or popping up in collabs with other small VTubers.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Talk about a Shadow Drop! Was watching Bae's GotG stream when Hololive Gen 6 announced.

Twitter active today... Debut streams start 1pm GMT Friday 26th November and one per day.

hololive presents
hololive 6th Generation
Secret Society holoX
set to debut

Spoilered the Reddit thread because the post is a bit big when unrolled!

The female VTuber group hololive, managed by hololive production, will debut its long-anticipated 6th Generation of hololive members. Under the unit name Secret Society holoX, its five members will comprise of La+ Darknesss, Takane Lui, Hakui Koyori, Sakamata Chloe, and Kazama Iroha.

The five talents will commence Twitter activities from today. In addition, debut streams are scheduled to begin at 9 PM, Friday, November 26, 2021 (JST), one talent per day. Be sure to check each talent's section below for further information. We have also released a promotion video, so please watch it.

PV Debut

Last edited:
OP
Mutant Strawberry

Mutant Strawberry

MetaMember
Jul 1, 2020
Wow, just woke up to discover a new gen is debuting in under two hours. Honestly, I think I prefer this to the EN's endless lore about cubes and creations of the universe.

Here's the first one.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
IKZ!!!!

Laplus has a funky intro. Woooo. Like it.
I'm loving her background image styling and theme. Kinda reminds me of Wipeout and techno.
She's a bit close to Ina's palette but they can both be "board" members so there's no rivalry there at least.

Like the HoloX logo, very like the HoloMyth logo. Let's get a HoloX hoody too so i can complete the set!

Nearly 162k watching at the moment.

Not much was translated in the comments unfortunately but her MV is neat. I really like it actually. full version 1st Dec.

I kinda like the short format debut. Let's see how the other go.

Last edited:
  • Comfy

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Laplace's debut was kind of fun. Chat was calling her Yamada. :flare_lmao:

I firmly believe the colour purple is reserved for kusogakis.

• Toucan

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
When i got to my PC today and refreshed Youtube I expected to be bombarded by clips of the new Hololive debuts. But instead the algorithm threw some Nina Kosaka and Snuffy clips at me? I did not know these streamers...

Nina is from Niji I guess? She seems ok. I love the design.

Snuffy is from Twitch? Independent? idk. She seems really... whack lol. But I don't have a Twitch account. And it's already too much work to keep up with so many v-tubas as is.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, Snuffy is an independant, i've watched afew of her streams and clips but like you i already have enough to follow as it is so she remains a now-and-then streamer for me. She is kind-of linked with VShojo in my mind as she's done some collabs with them and they seem to have the same "style" if that makes sense?

IronMouse has a talk show where she interviews/chats with VTubers and it's really good.
It's more informal than Holotalk so i watch both as they have different aims.

I thought i'd seen HoloFightZ in the background of a Haachama chatting stream and yeah, of course she's aware of it.
I've posted them before but they are a Twitch channel that has been showing wrestling matches using recreations of Hololive characters including their intros. I keep missing Haachamas intros so i watched her Cosplay Competition and saw they were in the intro.

There's a lot of creativity here and they even have seasonal story arcs but they are also edgelords so expect some bullshit no and then especially if you watch the comment streams. They also have the raw streams with no chat comments.

Haachama Cosplay Competition starting at Intro #2 - HoloFightZ

KSON had a chaotic Minecraft stream with Melody and VShojo and Connor.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Hololive release their Jazz cover video.

Project Z3N is unveiled and will debut next year. Go Zen!

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Elira is doing Karaoke right now, and it's great

Edit - very high-effort Millie clip:

Last edited:
  • Toucan
OP
Mutant Strawberry

Mutant Strawberry

MetaMember
Jul 1, 2020
So today was another 5 hour vtuber music fest, showcasing the music of 60 vtubers, however it seems to be interviews rather than song showcases?
I only found out about it after it ended, at least this seems to be archived and has timestamps in the comments already.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Enna and Millie are having an offline-collab Geoguessr stream, which is more of a drinking stream.

Right now they are discussing the potential of V-tuber dildo sponsorships. Standard.

Edit: holy shit this stream is something else. They probably should stop drinking.

Last edited:
  • Toucan

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'm surprise Tenga haven't collabed with Finana yet, lol.

Haachama had a mad as hell unarchived stream today. I missed most of it so i can't say whether "R.I.P. Haachama" is part of her lore or because she lost a rap battle with Laplus?

I have to admit that i haven't watched the HoloX Debuts yet aside from Laplus Darkness, i'll try to catch up in the week. I know that Laplus broke records for concurrent viewers on Debut with 167k though and they already have HoloCouncil level subs but the Youtube algorithm hasn't hit them yet so that may change. Twitther did ban Kyori so they're obviously working as expected.

Splatoon 2 HoloEN collab tonight and i expect it to get VERY competitive. Sana and IRyS for sure but it seems like IRyS is the one pushing for it so she's the most confident and enthusiastic. Sana played for 2 hours, cough 5 hours cough, yesterday to practise and get her char to the level required for Ranked/League matches.

• Gib

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Kronii oddly enough, doesn't often include her perspective or stream herself during collabs. I dunno if out of politeness or as she said before break that she was getting tired of "little things going wrong all the time" (EN Curse).

... but I hope for this Splatoon stream she will. I'm not hopeful though. orz