|OT| The Vtuber Thread | MetaHoloCouncil

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
So far only Sana has a stream up but with ~4 hours to go that's not unusual. We'll find out soon.

In the meantime Boogie Voxx have branched out and made a great cover of September from Earth, Wind & Fire.
Ci singing in English! Great effort! No MV tho.

The algorithm finally showed me this great remix today too.

Speaking of Suisei she released her cover of Phony on friday.

I missed posting the Most Viewed covers on Hololive by Hololive Songs this week.

featues a super-hyped up Flare in the highlights reel.

Always worth watching to see if you've missed any new covers. The answer is always yes but it's also good t be reminded of some of the great covers you forget about.

Like this mother/daughter duet cover.

Why Watame was worried...

Why Kiara and IRyS know it

From the Mario Party Superstars with Watame, Kiara, Fauna and IRyS earlier today.

edit: Dammit, now i have a mega post due to the merge. grrrrrrrr. oh well. deal with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 「Echo」

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Pina has released the first of the two winning covers from her "ABC Anime" series she ran in September.
Mixing is by her too as she's an audio engineer.

Great cover! Pina is super wholesome and underrated.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Only Sana is streaming the Splatoon collab? :unsure: not that i mind overly but still... it was marked on Kronii's weekly schedule and all. And last night she did collab with Reine, but no stream either...

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yup, all four of them are on Sana's stream. Did it say Kronii was streaming a POV in her schedule?
Maybe she has bandwidth/technical issues or maybe this is just how it turned out. Not every collab is streamed on every channel.
There is this on Reddit which makes it seem like Reine invited Kronii to the collab.

Also, RE: R.I.P. Haachama

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
My Kiryu-kai hoodie, pin and Watame's mug just arrived. I'm a bit tired so no pics, unfortunately. The hoodie fits just right if I lose a couple of kilos (lol), although I would've wanted longer sleeves. The mug is just the right size for a cuppa and the pin is perfect. It looks shiny enough to be mistaken for plastic, but it is metal (copper)

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Awesome, hopefully mine will turn up soon too!

edit: Oh and as i went for a shower i see the parcel at the bottom of the stairs. WooHoo! Probably have a mildly annoyed housemate as it would have been delivered around 8am. eek. Still, woohoo!

edit2:
Oh my housemate is going to be a bit upset in a day or so again.
The package today was my Takodachi Hoody!
It's flippin great but it does mean that my Asacoco Hoody and badge are in the post then. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
  • Comfy
Reactions: 「Echo」 and Kvik

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, they've been great. My fave is this one.

The ending is classic!

Holotalk 1 year anniversary recap in 2 hours. I think it's been a great series and if you like it check out Iron Mouse "Speak of the Devil" it's similar but different and has a more casual "chatting" feel to it.

Looks like there's a Youtube Music Weekend this week. so far Calli, IRyS, YOASOBI and One OK Rock are tagged.
Scratch that, youtube being a bag of dicks has shuffled the list to hell and back and the upcoming streams/videos are littered through that list. dicks.

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Gen6 debut has been great so far. It's kind of amazing how each member has been entertaining as the skill ceiling is getting higher for every new generation. Hololive really has an eye for talents. I'm really looking forward to Iroha's debut tonight. :flare_bath:

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
As i said before, i've totally missed all of them aside from Laplus, lol.
I've got so much in my queue and recommends i keep forgetting about Gen 6. I'll make sure to catch some highlights at the weekend or later this week.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Kronii had to wait a week for Diamond to get to her. (Was sold out at her shops.) But she starting Pokemon Brilliant Diamond tomorrow, joining the rest of Hololive (seemingly) with it. Curious if she ends up doing any type of challenge or just a straight play through.

Nina and Millie are my first venture into Niji-tubers, and it's kinda comfy having a chat that actually moves and a readable pace. Compared to Hololive tubers where I don't even bother looking at chat 95% of the time cuz it moves too fast with emote spam or whatever to actually read anything.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Kronii had to wait a week for Diamond to get to her. (Was sold out at her shops.) But she starting Pokemon Brilliant Diamond tomorrow, joining the rest of Hololive (seemingly) with it. Curious if she ends up doing any type of challenge or just a straight play through.

Nina and Millie are my first venture into Niji-tubers, and it's kinda comfy having a chat that actually moves and a readable pace. Compared to Hololive tubers where I don't even bother looking at chat 95% of the time cuz it moves too fast with emote spam or whatever to actually read anything.
I really like Nijisanji but as there's over 200 of them i tend to only follow the NijiEN "Livers" and Hana Machia and Oliver from Nijisanji and Niji-ID oh and Hana's Dad who streams quite often with her or in collabs. It's great when her Dad and the others are torturing her with Dad jokes and puns. There's been a couple of clips posted before. I have started to recognise more Niji members like Bobon and Reza as they have been in more collabs.

Nina from Niji-EN really reminds me of a woman i knew years ago which is mad and slightly odd at times when i can picture my friend saying exactly the same phrases or having the same response to something. I need to look at some of the other new Niji-EN crew but time is limited tbh.

Between Hololive, HoloEN, HoloID, PRISM Project, VOMS, Tenma from Phase Connect, Meru from Tsunderia, and Reiny, Obake PAM as Indies, VShojo and Nijisanji i have more than enough! I'm sure i'm missing tons of great talent too. Oh and the always forgotten Holostars! Dammit.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
She's worked with Koshiro Yuzo before to make KoroneRaiser Inumore based on Actraiser and he's made a Sonic themed BGM for her too.
I saw the Fire Emblem in my recommends but at work and forgot so thanks for the reminder, i'll listen to it in a bit!

Ha, she has Okayu and Kanata in the chorus, awesome!

• Love
Reactions: Gintaro

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Oh I didn't know that. That's awesome!
It's effing EPIC!

Jules from Family Jules made a cover of Inumore too. They have a relationship after Korone played Cadence of Hyrule in one-shot and Jules and adrisaurus were in chat and Korone was so happy. She was especially happy when she realised they had covered Pollyanna as Korone is a MASSIVE Mother fan.
That Cadence of Hyrule stream was amazing. Korone is best doggo.

Read the pinned comment from Jules.

Highlights of Korone's 9h Cadence of Hyrule stream. She cleared it then immediately started again. she loved it.
I'm sure there's clips of her interaction with Jules and Adriasaurus too but i couldn't find them in a quick search.

Last edited:

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
It's effing EPIC!

Jules from Family Jules made a cover of Inumore too. They have a relationship after Korone played Cadence of Hyrule in one-shot and Jules and adrisaurus were in chat and Korone was so happy. She was especially happy when she realised they had covered Polyanna as Korone is a MASSIVE Mother fan.
That Cadence of Hyrule stream was amazing. Korone is best doggo.

Read the pinned comment from Jules.

Highlights of Korone's 9h Cadence of Hyrule stream. She cleared it then immediately started again. she loved it.
I'm sure there's clips of her interaction with Jules and Adriasaurus too but i couldn't find them in a quick search.
Damn the BGM and the cover is great! Their interaction is great too! The stream is really long and I'm really impressed with Korone endurance haha.

With this I'm looking forward to see her stream the new Actraiser Remake too!

Appreciate your help of letting me know all about this! Thanks a lot! :cat-heart-blob:

• Comfy

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Gintaro
I would honestly recommend you go to page 1 and start reading and clicking links as the first few pages are full of handy info and classic clips.
( i still do it now and then because there's some AWESOME clips posted there and stuff i've forgotten about )
We have a leaning towards the big agencies like Hololive, Nijisanji and VOMS obviously but we all watch and post clips from a bunch of other agencies and independant vtubers too!

These plugins will help with live translations of chat in streams and replays as long as chat is enabled. Try 'em out and see which ones work for you.
Live Translation Browser Tools #1
Live Translation Browser Tools #2

Any questions, just ask. We're a friendly bunch and fairly active so someone will reply pretty quickly.

• Hug

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
Gintaro
I would honestly recommend you go to page 1 and start reading and clicking links as the first few pages are full of handy info and classic clips.
( i still do it now and then because there's some AWESOME clips posted there and stuff i've forgotten about )
We have a leaning towards the big agencies like Hololive, Nijisanji and VOMS obviously but we all watch and post clips from a bunch of other agencies and independant vtubers too!

These plugins will help with live translations of chat in streams and replays as long as chat is enabled. Try 'em out and see which ones work for you.
Live Translation Browser Tools #1
Live Translation Browser Tools #2

Any questions, just ask. We're a friendly bunch and fairly active so someone will reply pretty quickly.
Yea will go through the older stuff to see if there's any classic I missed haha. Have been lurking in this thread for some time now and the stuff posted here is very nice.

Probably will try out the live translation tools when I have the chance. Since I rarely watches the stream currently. I'm mostly only watching clips now.

Glad that there's a place to share our interest in Vtubers!

Thanks again for everything! :photoblobheart::photoblobheart:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Those of us with a high pain tolerance can watch and learn with Ollie tomorrow.
Girl must want to die again.

Also, Holostars have their first live event coming up on 26th Dec depending on timezone.

Sumi had a crazy minecraft adventure today especially the last hour or so. It's a nice zatsudan ( chatting ) type stream until it isn't.
I really like PRISM Project and encourage people to check them out. There's a WIDE range of talents covering all the bases and they are really good.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Selen's Birthday stream is starting in 30 minutes:

I probably won't be able to watch all of it, but luckily my first meeting tomorrow is only at 11:00 so I can probably catch a fair bit of it.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'll have to catch the VOD as Sana has a members only watchalong of "A Silent Voice" at 11pm so i'll be watching that.
I'll catch Selen's Birthday Bash and Pina's Monthly Goals and Mini Karoake stream tomorrow.

OP
Mutant Strawberry

Mutant Strawberry

MetaMember
Jul 1, 2020
Calli completed the rock-hard Jump King New Babe + DLC today in a marathon, tense stream.... she fell great distances multiple times only to make her way back up.

This is thehilarious moment where she got the Babe after a gruelling 5 hours and made up an impromptu song on the spot.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Rita Kamishiro a soft spoken, wholesome type VTuber from PRISM Project is starting her MTGA journey later on.

I decided that rather than just talk about PRISM, Tsunderia etc i'll post more streams from them for people to try out.

I'll be watching Pina playing Slither.io

and finally, one word and the word is Pon...

Hopefully she'll turn out like Sumi who's debut was hi-energy panic but Sumi's actual streams are calm and chill and funny yet always have some form of excitement and adventure in them. I suspect that Chloe may end up learning to fly OBS like a total pro.

Last edited:

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

:eek: Kronii mentioned wanting to try chess wayyyy back. I'm glad the time has finally come. Hopefully she'll stream her perspective!! Altho I'm starting to think it won't happen with no pre-stream waiting room or alert/reminder.

getting hard to be excited for Kronii collabs when she doesn't stream them. :face-with-cold-sweat:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
If Ollie invited her then maybe they arranged it for Ollie's channel like with Reine. I'm just glad to see Kronii back from her break and having collabs. I'm not going to start wondering why she doesn't host them just yet. Maybe she just doesn't feel confident or is too busy to arrange them herself. They can be a lot of work.

I'm looking forward to the Kronii/Ollie chemistry and banter when i catch the VOD tomorrow. I might end up having an Ollie Chess session as i catch up with Kronii & Ollie and also Ollie Kiara & Ame Chess review from earlier.

while i'm here someone may appreciate Obake PAM and Aka Mana from Play Asia rating their WebToon Husbandos and Waifus.
Basically they fangirl about their favorite characters and novels for a couple of hours.

Pam has been reading a bunch of VNs on her channel. She can be a bit much at first but once you get used to caffiene fuelled streams she's great and her singing when she gets serious is stunning.

edit: 「Echo」liked the Kronii content not necesarily the Obake PAM vids which got post merged, heh.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I was sure that Cyberlive had been running since before 2021 but apparently not. Unless they had a long hype cycle? I was sure i heard about them over a year ago but all of Gen 1 were debut this year. My mind playin' tricks on me.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Some reminders for the upcoming Youtube Music Weekend that i think is Youtube Japan only?
Is it official? I only ever see VTubers and Japanese artists involved.

Anyway it starts tomorrow!
Open the link, pgdn to the bottom and the search for "Reminder" to see the 63 acts with events so far.
Youtube Music Weekend - December 2021

They will showcase 8 songs from the following live concerts:
『hololive 1st Generation 3rd Anniversary LIVE「from 1st」』
『Tsunomaki Watame 1st Live「Watame Night Fever!! in Zepp Tokyo」』
『Hoshimachi Suisei 1st Solo Live "STELLAR into the GALAXY"』
『Tokino Sora 2nd LIVE『Parallel Time』』

Some streams are already up.

• Gib

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
My Jackbox t-shirts turned up today! I wonder how many people bought some?
I got "Space" and "Scratch and Sniff" so i have some Ame art of Sana and Sana art of Fauna.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Pomu's and Rosemi's VRchat stream is some of the most wholesome NijisanjiEN content I've seen.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I watched them earlier and Pomu patting mini Rosemi on the head was totes adorbs.
I also put on the legendary Ame & Kiara chess game and the Ollie Watchalong and holy crap i'm sure Ollie was feeling actual pain at times.
It was hilarious both for the chess and the grief it was causing Ollie.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Sasuga Ina. Even as a mostly tone-deaf person I can tell how much her singing has improved.

And the art/MV is fantastic!

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yup, Ina's cover is great all round.

HoshiStar chose tomorrow to premiere their first cover just before the Youtube Music Weekend kicks off!

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
i agree with the Orca on this. If I don't get proper sleep I just fall apart the next day. Even if I force myself through the hours until bedtime hits again to maintain a schedule, the way I spend those hours is totally lacking and mostly a waste. I also don't remember much the next day and such lol.

Dunno about 12 hours regularly, but also due to medical reasons lately I sometimes do find myself in 12-16 hour sleep cycles which throws everything off.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Did anyone post Calli & Milky Queen's new cover?
Actually i don't care, here it is!

I still listen to their Karaoke from last year. Loads of fun but for me the standout track was this one, their final track.

So awesome!!
edit: Oh god, i said last year but it was August 2021! FFS i have no comprehension of time any more.

Last edited:
  • Love

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Having a great time with Mii-chan ( Tenma Maemi from Phase Connect ) and her birthday collab with 9 other indie vtubers. It's her usual crowd with Obake PAM, Reiny, Haru, Girl_dm, Ebi, Miyu, Lillbelle, Pandora and Juliet after reviewing her follower's pets she's drinking beer, playing "Golf with Friends" and raging at them. Comfy.

Sumi Oshio from PRISM Project had an awesome Minecraft stream earlier that got me through the afternoon at work. So if you fancy a very softly spoken stream that goes from chill to adventure like it's on a rollercoaster then check it out.

IRyS has a new series? RetroRyS and she's playing Mega Man II

Because watching Kiara and Ame play Chess wasn't quite painful enough Ollie is having a Debut Watchalong and Reaction for her 1st Anniversary stream but from what i remember her debut was fine just very, very, very hyper.

Ollie also had a Minecraft Disneyworld visit with LAMmama and Astel from Holostars.

... and Iku from PRISM Project is playing Doraemon Story of Seasons later on.

Last edited:
OP
Mutant Strawberry

Mutant Strawberry

MetaMember
Jul 1, 2020
Chloe just had a short 30 minute english learning stream where it turned out she was asking us the questions. Diabetes warning.

The OMOCAT x HoloEN clothing collection is finally live, but the site crashed and many items sold out in minutes.

Finally, the 3rd HoloFes was announced for March. Would be really nice if COVID was over by then so the EN / ID girls could take part. IryS is being used a lot in the promotion which makes me wonder if she'll be a bonus guest....

Last edited:
  • Comfy
Reactions: 「Echo」 and Kvik