|OT| The Vtuber Thread | MetaHoloCouncil

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Wow, the end of an era. She was who got me into vtubers. I was deep into learning Japanese and watching Japanese Youtubers when Kizuna AI first debuted and I would watch her all the time. A legendary person I hope no one forgets.

Edit:
Ah, so she is planning a return, if I understand.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
"Indefinite Hiatus", a return is planned.

Subtitled video in EN & CH

edit: According to this tweet it looks like Love-Chan, Kizuna AI's colleague will be coming back after being on her own hiatus for the last 6 months.

Aoi Tokimori is an EN/JP Vtuber from PRISM Project Gen 1 so she's in the same agency as Pina, Shiki, Luto, Rita and Sumi that i have mentioned before.
Her main content is singing and Karaoke with a bit of game content now and then but mostly singing. Well, for the last month she has been recommending a song each day and tomorrow she is having a massive Karaoke where she sings 20 of them.
Mad lass. So grab a plate of Chicken Nuggies and settle down to listen to some unarchived Aoi karaoke goodness.

11pm December 5th GMT

(MEDIA=youtube-GBqnzON-RUY-MEDIA) - unarchived video removed.

Aoi's comment about this being a big project and a big commitment is true. I think all of PRISM Project have day-to-day jobs and VTuber content is an extra thing they do. PRISM recently launched Gen4 with Sumi, Non, Naki and Sara and they are well worth taking a look at. All the PRISM Agents are very different so there's something for anyone there.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
If any of you have Forza Horizon 5 look up Hololive, Pekora, Korone etc in the vinyls section. I need to update my collection but there's more appearing each day. Look at these beautiful trucks!

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
This is a a bit older, but I just found that someone made a great clip compilation of Enna's Lucius stream:

• Toucan
Reactions: 「Echo」

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Aoi Tokimori's Unarchived Karaoke last night was great fun. Check out the PRISM Project!
Moona's Unarchived EN Karaoke WAS top fun too.
edit:You may be able to catch it later on but many of my favorite unarchived stream mirrors have been taken down lately. Understandable but sad.

Get yt-dlp:
Get yt-dlp FFMPEG builds:

Extract them to the same folder, open a command prompt in the folder and try this:
yt-dlp.exe -f "bestvideo[height<=720]+bestaudio/best[height<=720]" -r 2M URL
yt-dlp.exe -f "bestvideo[height<=720]+bestaudio/best[height<=720]" -r 2M https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZTVchX8qJs

This will find the best quality audio & video for a stream at 720p which i find is best for archiving stuff as i don't need 4k or anything like that.
Change 720 for whatever res you prefer.
-r will limit the download to 2M handy to avoid flooding your connection and pissing off housemates, getting stuttering etc. Change as required.
URL is the full url of the stream/video.

yt-dlp.exe -F URL
will give you the available formats for a stream, DASH will usually throttle at some point so i avoid it.

yt-dlp can do some pretty complicated things especially if you combine it with aria2c, so read the wiki and do some searches for tutorials if you want more complicated things. I've pretty much settled on that command as my go-to rip command.

Now there's 4 of them VOMS are having more group collabs and GYARI is joining in more too. This one is open to followers too. Crab Game is great jank and perfect for this kind of thing. Not surprising as it was written by a streamer.

MEGA Hololive Ochame Kinou mashup!
I really want a HoloEN version. Hopefully they all do a Smol HoloEN version!

Last edited:

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
Just dropping by to state how much I love La+, between her singing and her Valorant shitpost she makes great content.
Also, I think it's really cool that they got PandaBoY to do the HoloX PV music. I've been listening to that guy for like a decade at this point, from his anime remixes to his work with Up Up Girls and even some of his MOGRA DJ sets so that makes me pretty happy for him.

Edit: As an aside, the Ronald McDonald cover of God-ish is pretty good too.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Calli has an unarchived Karaoke stream in a while...
* Removed dead link *

edit: Calli confirmed there will be a rebroadcast before it goes unarchived. I'm glad HoloEN have started doing this and i hope it starts to be a thing in the rest of Hololive too but i can see why they may not want to. Still another chance to grab the stream and include Mama Mia as it's the song i started watching the stream halfway through it.

It's Shion's Birthday!

HoloX have a Gartic Phone collab - Iroha's POV here others are in the description.

Sana, Fauna and Mumei have a drawing collab later on which should be good.

Sana is currently capturing more Pokemon and giving them the names of the Sanalittes! Madlass. She's great.

Sumi from PRISM just had a guerilla Fortnite PaciFIST run where she tried to use no guns only fists and lasted to the end but lost 1v1. lol She's great too.
Sumi actually put a charity link as her top dono as she says she's not great at things yet and feels bad taking donations. Bless her.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'm rewatching it now.
Blessed yt-dlp 🙏

Calli is having a "Hamilton Rap endurance Stream" on December 20th.
Calli also has a Smol Calli rap concert next week, the first production using the AMETAVERSE Studios.
TTRPG coming soon, maybe tonight, i haven't checked the schedule but Calli mentioned it during the karaoke stream ( which will be rebroadcast soon ).

Haven't watched it so can't talk of the accuracy of the translation but i'm glad it's out there at least.

Reine has a new original song MV released yesterday!

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
HoloID having a 12 Hour Relay Anniversary stream!
Ho1oroversary - HoloID Anniversary 12 hour Relay Stream - Youtube Tag

HoloMyth TTRPG is back tonight. Calli said that someone is not leaving but there will be 3 more episodes, a break and then it will hopefully return with IRyS & The Council. I wonder if the timezone differences are making it really tough for Myth to collab regularly? Hopefully there's confirmation and clarification in tonight's episode. It'll be a shame as i've really enjoyed TTRPG.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
yeah the myth TTRPG has been really fun to my surprise and the out of context clips whenever they do an episode are usually comedy gold lol. Plus well tbh, Holomyth probably has the best group chemistry out of any hologen.
=============

Also tonight, Rosemi, Nina, Mika, and Pomu are doing Uno. And losers are taking dares lol...

Edit:

oh goodness the dares... losers are being forced to tweet silly things lol.

• Toucan
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Dude's got some music chops behind him for sure. Cool, i'll check it out later.

Calli is also the first to have the new costume reveal stream up. We already know they're going to be Party Dresses but how and what.... let's find out!

Apparently they've been sitting on these for ages and it's been driving Myth crazy waiting to debut them. I suppose they had to wait for HoloX debut to settle down and for HoloID Anniversary to finish.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Hang on, have they relaxed the collab ban duration?
There seems to be some confusion as the schedule lists the stream as having Laplus and Ina but people think it's a bit muddled and it's just the thumbnail was drawn by Ina.

Yesterday, Sana caught up with the Sanalittes and they are all in boxes in Pokemon BDSP! I think she has 28+ boxes of Pokemon named after the Sanalittes! Sana likes Pokemon and knows a lot about it so i think she may be in the top contenders for HoloPokeMaster. I think someone mentioned that if they still have the permissions that they may think about running a HoloPoke Tournament.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Smol Calli Concert in 3D!
Assisted by Ame & the Ametaverse.

Calli also has a Jazz Songs Karaoke soon

edit: eh? There was a KAF post here but it's gone now...

KAF has a new track out.
[Suite] KAF x Ayane Sakura # 92.5 "Asahi" [Original MV]

KAF is a VSinger with Kamitsubaki Studio like AZKi with INNK/Hololive and IRyS with Hololive.

AZKi is a massive KAF fangirl and achieved a dream by being invited to appear as a guest in a KAF Live show.
KAF is probably known around here for the Black Clover ED "Answer"

KAF is also part of a Kamitsubaki Studio unit called "VWP", "Virtual Witch Project" and their track "Rinne" is to be used as the OP for the MuvLuv Alternative anime.

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Selen "not an endurance streamer" Tatsuki was doing a Rogue Legacy stream yesterday. After 3 hours or so she decided to ask chat if she should finish the game in one sitting. It ended up being a 9 hour stream, and I ended up playing Rogue Legacy (which I never finished) while watching it (or rather listening to it, most of the time).

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Happy Birthday Best Girl!

Kiara's outfit reveal is later today and the stream is up.
edit: Noooo, EN Law is back with a vengeance! She's had a couple of BSOD and stream drops before she's even shown 4 works of fan-art.
Stay strong, Tenchou!
edit2: and stream postponed to sometime after Ame's reveal. Kiara's stream cam eback a few times for a couple of seconds but obviously wasn't stable.

Kiara Outfit reveal debut is now Sunday December 12th 10pm CET

Ame's Stream

Ina:
DECEMBER 11TH 1PM PT - 9PM GMT?

Gura:
DECEMBER 11TH 7PM ET / 4PM PT - December 12th 00:00 GMT?

Last edited:

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Ah, Poor Kiara. Hopefully she isn't too down about it and her internet stabilizes soon.
====

Nina's "Mom"bership opens tonight if Google unlocks it for her. :v

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Kiara will be fine i think. In the post stream chat for the test stream she was joking about how she only just realised that she CAN'T YOLO and was saying she has to live life LIKE YOLO so i think she's cheered up a bit. during the first cursed stream chat was flooding "Hold The Line!" and "When the stream goes down - WE HOLD THE LINE!" and tons of orange hearts it was a good vibe.

If you have headphones then two of the most wholesome VTubers ever are having a collab later on. Pina and Meno from PRISM Project. I say headphones because Meno is usually really difficult to hear on speaker as she is so softly spoken. I think Pina is awesome just in general but i don't really know much about Meno aside from softly spoken, kinda timid, often speaks in 3rd person and is very clever.

It clashes with Ame's Outfit debut so i'll be switching between the two tabs.

Aoi and Naki from PRISM Project are having an OSU collab as both are very into rhythm games but Aoi hasn't played OSU.

Sumi Oshio's Minecraft stream earlier today was amazing from the very start to the very end. She's becoming one of my favorite VTubers just in general. I've been watching a lot more of PRISM Project lately mainly Pina, Sumi, Naki, Rita and Non.

Finana is currently having a Zatsudan (Chatting stream) where she chats with Pomu while replacing the switches on her keyboard. In case you didn't know the NSFW Feesh is very nerdy about mechanical keyboards. Very Nerdy.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Debating if I will member to Nina. I am already membered to too many folks, so I think I would need to pare down who I am membered to first. Though she plays the most interesting games and has a lot of strategy knowledge.

Enna is also on the short list, she is incredibly funny and such a good singer.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Bae and IRyS playing drinking game while reviewing Hololive memes.

Also, Mio is guest on Holotalk at 2pm GMT!!! Mio! Holotalk! 2PM GMT! Be there!
( 30 mins ish from post time - Kiara channel )

OP
Mutant Strawberry

Mutant Strawberry

MetaMember
Jul 1, 2020
Calli spent 11:59:32 trying and failing to catch a shiny Giratina, breaking Kiara's longest stream record.
Stream was fun to watch Calli slowly go insane, random visitors showing up, and in the end, it became a stealth Hamilton watchalong.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Don't forget she's doing a Hamilton Rap stream soon. Calli LOVES musicals.

Streams are up.
Ina:
DECEMBER 11TH 1PM PT - 9PM GMT?

Gura:
DECEMBER 11TH 7PM ET / 4PM PT - December 12th 00:00 GMT?

Reactions: Durante
OP
Mutant Strawberry

Mutant Strawberry

MetaMember
Jul 1, 2020
Amalee, the long time anime cover singer and voice artist is having her vtuber debut tonight.... and she just tweeted this,,,,

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, Ina's dress is astounding. Probably my favourite so far but she was hinting that Gura's outfit is her favorite so i'm now wondering how Gura looks and i want Kiara's reveal to go well after the issues she's had this weekend.

Takodachi in AO-Chan is awesome too.

Amalee's debut is at 1am GMT on twitch... also an American using the word "flippin"? U wot m8?

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
AZKi premiere of "I like you in the screen" is in a few hours!

Calli is back on the Jump King pain train...

Fingers crossed for Kiara's dress reveal just before the HoloMyth Jackbox collab!