|OT| There are thousands of us - achievement hunters

xist

Healing...
Nov 14, 2018
I hate myself that a number can effectively dictate how much I play a game. How can I find myself going from enjoying playing a game to hating it, just in pursuit of a few percentage points? It's totally ridiculous that my average game completion rate matters to me, especially as it's not mandatory on your steam profile, but sadly, (and it's a sickness), it does....In fact it even dictates how much I want to own a game on Steam. For instance I saw Ryse was available for free on GameSessions and figured as a fan of classical civilisations it was worth a go, maybe even pick up the game on Steam if I enjoyed the start....73 achievements with gated multiplayer ones? Yep, GameSessions DRM for a one time experience is fine...

I really wish...really, really, really....that you could turn these things off!

Reactions: lashman and suiko

Deepo

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Completed Darksiders 2 the other night. That was quite the grind. Definitely my least favorite of the series, but still a fun time.

My Rarest Achievements showcase on Steam is also dominated by Rise of the Tomb Raider achievements, which I found quite strange.

Reactions: lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
New day, new year, new goals.

:sf_heys:
Here is a short summary of my last year's achievement unlocking. All stats are from TrueSteamAchievements
Totally I unlocked 1,765 achievements
January: 181
February: 173
March: 152
April: 119
May: 151
June: 103
July: 166
August: 200
September: 140
October: 86
November: 149
December: 145

82 games with achievements were played
I 100%ed achievements 10 games
"Beat the Red Baron" from Steredeen is the "rarest" achievement

My best year was 2016 where I unlocked 2,131 achievements.

Note: I played none of the achievement trash games to unlock achievements.

fett

Nov 6, 2018
Warsaw, Poland
I'm very much proud of this:

As well as this:

This is for Xbox Live, and for PSN there's only one set very close to my heart:

Fortunately, Switch has no achievements and month by month I'm appreciating it more and more. :)

OP
suiko

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018

and done, started it two years ago, 100%-ed, devs added lost of content with cheevos like a year ago.

Reactions: Milena and lashman

xist

Healing...
Nov 14, 2018
100%'d Witcher 2...feels good! I still really wish Steam would let you opt out though.

(...and the Backlog Assassin's website has made me angry about the sheer number of MP achievements in FEAR 3)

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Yeah honestly multiplayer achievements are the worst, I avoid them whenever possible.

The rarest is a 0.20% achievement from Pillars of Eternity where you had to go through the entire game with 10 or fewer rests I think. It wasn't that difficult when I went for it, but that game had a lot of (unnecessary) balance changes so I'm not sure how it stacks up now. The pastel ones are from Gone Home and are really easy, it's just that people haven't gone back to the game since the achievements were added. The rest are from Gauntlet, and they're just grinding enemies, so also not difficult, just time consuming. I'd say the game I'm most proud of 100%ing is Super Hexagon lol. I apparently have 348 achievement games in total, so I'm about 30% done I guess.

Reactions: suiko and lashman

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
Finally made it up to 40% achievement completion on Steam, and the one I did it with was the Puff-Puff achievement in Dragon Quest XI.

Still working on completing DQXI. I've got 6 achievements left so hoping to get it done this week.

Reactions: suiko and lashman

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
I have a new rarest achievement:

what's odd about it? It's not a hard to get achievement.
I still don't have it :unamused-face:
Like most achievements in Portia, I think it's mostly because it takes time. I'm personally not looking forward to those about 50 wins at Rock-Paper-Shissors and that other minigame with the old guy in the park.

Anyway, I'm stubbornly trying to get all the achievements in Book of Demons. It's now a matter of principle. I'm missing the ones for upgrading all the warrior's cards (mostly because I was inexplicably still missing 3 base cards with my latest character...) and the one about dying 10 times in Roguelike mode. I've got the one for dying 5 times before losing my character to a stupid death.

OP
suiko

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
I hear you, I'm so not looking forward to RPS and some other games too, I also still question if that slot cheevo is at all possible.

Reactions: lashman and Milena

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
I hear you, I'm so not looking forward to RPS and some other games too, I also still question if that slot cheevo is at all possible.
Oh, I forgot about that one. But it still shouldn't take as much as the RPS one. Usually slots machines in videogames are predictable and you only have to figure out which item you need to focus on before pressing the button.
I've already tried twice with hitting the button while the sword appears, as it was easier to spot, and I've got the same results: 3 steaks. I'll try again with a different item next time.

Deleted member 113

Those challenges were hard :sweaty-blob:
Seeing this makes me really embarrassed that I'm yet to even start playing Vanquish, despite having pre-ordered it. :giggle:
My backlog has really reached ridiculous levels.

I'll have to give it a try soon.
I played the demo on my xbox 360, and enjoyed it, but my console broke down, so this will be the first time playing the game.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I was playing Glass Masquerade yesterday offline. To see what happens if I unlock achievements while offline and if the play time increases. So here is what I found out:

1. Play time didn't increase
  2. Achievements did unlock, although the notification didn't show the achievement icon.
  3. Unlocked achievements are stored offline until the next time you go online. I think you need to have started the game once after you go online before the unlocked achievements info sends to Steam.
  4. Unlock time is incorrect. Once Steam registers all unlocked achievements that were unlocked when offline, it the unlock time will be when Steam registers.

I am not sure if this is for all games.

Reactions: suiko
OP
suiko

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
it isn't, as I've learnt with my offline steam time, stopped doing that after not getting a bunch of Civ5 cheevos

OP
suiko

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
There are games that require to be online for achievements, but I'm not sure there is any list somewhere
multi games obviously, I assume