|OT| This is GachaCouncil - Playing with money

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
They've been releasing more new info in the leadup to the ZZZ beta launching tomorrow.
Here and here and here

- New map teases

- New faction tease (the middle one) + new characters are coming for the other 2

• New story chapters
  • Selectable difficulty for story missions (Casual and Challenge)
  • More Bangboo stuff (mechanics, and special currency to get them/pull for them (unclear) can be gotten from various gamemodes).
  • New mission type without TV mode stuff
  • 2x speed mode for TV stuff
  • other QoL stuff
  • "Specialities" overhaul (was Strike/Pierce/Slash previously, now it's basically classes)

- element system explanation

Interestingly enough there was one playable "Wind" character in the previous beta, but that element is nowhere to be seen. Maybe they are actually planning to introduce more elements.

This all sounds really good. Hopefully there are some cool new male characters among the new batch, the gender ratio is pretty lopsided right now.
But in general it sounds like they know what they are doing and I just really wanna play, lol.

In the meantime, Arknights ? Girls’ Frontline 1 ?
I bounced off both, so I can't really chime in :/

Reactions: Dandy

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
This all sounds really good. Hopefully there are some cool new male characters among the new batch, the gender ratio is pretty lopsided right now.
But in general it sounds like they know what they are doing and I just really wanna play, lol.
This is one of my biggest issues with ZZZ - I don't love any of the characters they've shown so far. Without that. a gacha game loses most of its appeal, IMO.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
This is one of my biggest issues with ZZZ - I don't love any of the characters they've shown so far. Without that. a gacha game loses most of its appeal, IMO.
Yep, while there's other stuff like gameplay, story and general aesthetics; characters are front and center and you really need a few that you like or at least one you really really like.
I personally like quite a few of them already so I'm in danger fine, but I would still like to see more variety and a better gender balance. I think that just makes a game more interesting. I guess "on the bright side", Genshin also started with a very lopsided roster, but I would say is pretty good about this these days so not all hope is lost for ZZZ on that front.

Reactions: Dandy