News Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - Pre-release Trailers

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
The non combat gameplay continues to look pretty deep and great, though we won't know how well it works until we get to see it for ourselves.

The combat stuff is still a bit shaky. This is where the bulk of the work in the 2 month delay is going I bet.

Reactions: ISee and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The non combat gameplay continues to look pretty deep and great, though we won't know how well it works until we get to see it for ourselves.

The combat stuff is still a bit shaky. This is where the bulk of the work in the 2 month delay is going I bet.
yeah, probably ... ultimately it's a good thing they delayed it

BreezyLimbo

Total Waaagh
Apr 18, 2019
The diplomacy and campaign stuff looks super cool and super in depth. I hope they port those systems or translate them to their next Warhammer game

the warhammer games have spoiled me on combat. it's so much fun-joy

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019

I hope so, the combat looked rough to be honest with you and not just shaky. Especially the duels and sieges.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Can you entice and recruit officers of other factions in this game? Just like in Romance or Nobunaga games from KT.
Yep, from the way it sounds that system is going to be very similar to ROTK and Nobunaga.

It was surprisingly hard to find a source talking about it. Got to read a Reddit thread where someone was whining about women being generals.. so that was something.

Betrayal, battles and bromance in Total War: Three Kingdoms

I'm still expecting some launch day jank with this game, but I can't help it, I'm so excited for this.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Prodigy One quick search later and today i learned that "Holding Thumbs" is a thing. Cheers! I love seeing new phrases for things.

When was the last time a Total War game came out that didn't need lots of patching before it settled down? I've always assumed that the scope and ambition of the series practically guaranteed there would be some jank at launch.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yep, from the way it sounds that system is going to be very similar to ROTK and Nobunaga.

It was surprisingly hard to find a source talking about it. Got to read a Reddit thread where someone was whining about women being generals.. so that was something.

Betrayal, battles and bromance in Total War: Three Kingdoms

I'm still expecting some launch day jank with this game, but I can't help it, I'm so excited for this.
I never had interest in Total War games before, but this probably sold me on the game. I love ROTK and enticing officers is one of my most favorite features.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
You know what?
I wish Paradox would make a grand strategy out of ROTK. It would be so perfect in every sense.

But I guess ROTK license is exclusively to Total War creator?

Reactions: lashman