Community Twitch.tv to feature a 44 Shaw Brothers movies marathon from Feb. 4-8

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Celestial Pictures and GammaRay today proudly announced to stream a Shaw Brothers movie marathon on Twitch (twitch.tv/gammaray_tv) from February 4 to February 8, 2019 in celebration of Chinese New Year. The marathon will include 44 full-length features from Celestial Pictures' Shaw Brothers extensive library of kung fu titles, including iconic films such as King Boxer, Crippled Avengers, and Five Deadly Venoms. This viewing event will be streamed globally and exclusively on Twitch, the leading service and community for multiplayer entertainment, and marks the first time Twitch has featured kung fu films.

44 Titles will be featured during the Twitch livestream including the following kung fu classics:

• King Boxer (1972): A student (Lieh Lo) of kung fu meets resistance on his way to a major Chinese tournament.
  • Crippled Avengers (1978): After the death of his wife, warlord Dao Tian-du (Kuan Tai Chen) turns evil and holds a town in thrall to his reign of fear with the help of his sadistic son. Four of the villain's victims -- a blind man, an amputee, a deaf-mute, and an insane fighter -- seek the help of a wise kung fu master as they train to eliminate the tyrant for good.
  • Five Deadly Venoms (1978): A dying master sends his last student to check up on five former pupils, who each know a special style of kung fu.
Celestial Pictures and GammaRay Jointly Present Shaw Brothers' Kung Fu Movie Marathon Exclusively on Twitch

Scroll down to see the schedule here

First film to start at 12 AM PDT.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
well at least it won't be region-locked ... that's a start :p

OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Seems some of the movies aren't subbed, I guess they forgot for a few? Anyways, this'll be nice to have running in the background.
Post automatically merged:

Man eff it, I'm pull a Twitch chat on here

Y'all missed the dude death chopping 2 mooks with hsi bare hand weven though they had swords. The 2 really DID know that chop is deadly dang...

DOUBLE KILL!

RiP Yellow Ranger T_T7

RiP Yasuo T_T7

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Loving it so far :)
So much cheese in the dubs it's amazing. Half of the VA sound like 1930s American gangsters, lol.

OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Let it never be said that ripping off one's testicles isn't kung fu.

LMAO "Press R3+L3 for Spartan Rage"

Talk about balls of steel.
Synchronous weak point movement must be some kung fu god level skill.

Is it me or do a lot of these martial arts movies end with the bad guy defeated then 'The End'?

Last edited:

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
oh, I totally forgot about this

some of the SB movies are stone cold classics,,, theres is a lot of gold but also poop among them

stuff like one armed swordsman, 36 chambers of the shaolin or flying guillotine are fucking great... or trash awesomeness like The Super Inframan

OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Executioners from Shaolin's Black Hole testicles was a freakin' riot.

OK weird, Executioners is going to be shown multiple times over the remaining days o_O

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I keep dipping in and out of this marathon and there's some great choreography on show even in the cheesiest of the comedy films.
It's worked on me as i'll probably look for some of the blurays or dvds to buy at some point too.

OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I'm going out on a limb here but I'm simply assuming the voice actors for the english dub are Chinese and the reason the voices sound like 30s gangsters is due to their accent.
Just my assumption :X

"Is this the new Cirque de Solei show?"
loooooooooooooooooooool

Last edited: