Deals Walmart: Spyro/Crash Bundle (PS4/XB1) coming November 13, 2018. Costs $59.99

Motwera

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018

Your favorite Dragon and Bandicoot are back! With the Spyro + Crash Remastered Game Bundle, you get two fully remastered trilogies, the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, for a total of six iconic games.
  • Rekindle the fire with the original three Spyro games, Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
  • Then spin, jump, and wump as you take on the three Crash games that started it all, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and Crash Bandicoot: Warped.

It looks like there's a new bundle that packs in both Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy into a single package (two discs for each trilogy/series most likely) in a new bundle called "Spyro + Crash Game Bundle" for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It's listed on several sites including Walmart for $59.99 USD MSRP, which takes away some of the skepticism that I had regarding the legitimacy of it.

Those two covers are coming straight out of Walmart's listings because before that, there were a few local stores that had low-res images of both the Xbox One (those were cropped and added to both covers on the Side Scrollers banner image) and PS4 cover-arts (Side Scrollers, Game ‘n DVD Exchange), as well as some other retailers/sites listed below).

There is one thing that's concerning: Spyro Reignited Trilogy seems to still require "content download" for both consoles/platforms, especially after it backfired on Activision/Toys for Bob and led them to delay the game with "love and care" without citing anything regarding this issue. Also, the PR response from Activision does not count as its a vague "no comment" statement.

Anyways, what do you guys think about this? I know some people here prefer Spyro more than Crash, speaking as a Crash fan myself and I understand the reasons. But also, I understand that there are people who would love to get on the hype train and get both remakes in one pack, this isn't new if you are familiar with either franchises, like the Superpack for the GBA.

Retailers/Sites listing the bundle:

Reactions: Mor and lashman