Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 14 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
It's April! How are you good people doing? What are you playing?

I managed to take back all divine beasts and get my Master Sword in Breath of the Wild. I will complete more base game's shrines before going after those in the DLC.

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It's easter holiday and I've decided to play through some VR games I have been wanting to play. I just finished Vacation Simulator and next up is Wanderer.

Reactions: Cacher
Dec 5, 2018
Finished Trails to Azure (NG+). Planning to give a shot at that sonic VN. And then I'll probably finally start Katamari.

Reactions: Cacher

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
PLAYING
Hmm, I'm at the September boss in P5R (and shitting bricks, as people seemed to allude to a difficulty spike boss some months ago).

PLAYING
Still not sold on Paranormasight, but I can see the potential just around the corner. I fear the budget shows a bit too much, it's repetitive in it's gameplay structure enough imho to be the Octopath Traveler of VN. Well, I'm mean, it's not utter trash.
I think the unlocking of the main routes all starting at the same point of the story may have hurt a bit. I didn't need one to two chapters each route to basically repeat the same thing.

PLAYING
And now for something absolutely incredible, I should finish Ys 8 today ! I make no secret of my hatred of this opus, but really let's forget the abysmal dialog for a minute, the plot is good, the game could have been passable to good, if it was 20-30 hours and not 60-70 hours. OH MY GOD !!!!! WHAT A DRAG !!!!!

UNSURE
I retried Lobotomy Corporation, near day 15 or so. But as fascinating as some parts of the whole are, gameplay is not interesting enough. We will see.

LIMBO
Shadows of Valentia is on hold / near drop. The inconsequential fights really pads the game too much and the plot is nowhere near interesting enough. I loved it but when I think about it, I think of it like a game I have finished. Padding issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Still Hellpoint, I assume I'm fairly close to the end. Though I also have the DLC which I haven't even looked at yet, not even sure how it integrates to the main game other than having met the guy who opens it up for you. I wonder if I should keep a save backup just in case, seeing some conflicting information online about whether the main story dumps you into NG+ automatically or not.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Finished Sekiro and Ender Lilies last week and hit Chapter 4 in Trails to Azure. Very pleased :)
This week will be continuing on with Trails and I've started Muv-Luv as well.

Reactions: LEANIJA and Cacher

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I gave a break to the CRPG I'm playing and decided to replay Castlevania Symphony of the Night as the last time I played it was around 15 years ago or more.

Reactions: Cacher and Li Kao

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Started Henry Hatsworth on my 3DS yesterday and been having a blast so far. Really neat mix of a platformer and match 3 game!

• Gib
Reactions: Li Kao and Cacher

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Beat Alba: A Wildlife Adventure (XSX) yesterday, finally. Such a charming, chill game - its like going on a short, sweet island safari.

I got recommended Gunsuit Guardians (Early Access) from the Steam thread last weekend, its a twitchy VS clone with more shumuppy vibes, ate 6 hours off my weekend like it was nothing (got all the early access achievements!). Good fun for the price, if you like the genre.

My "main" game on Steam is Harvestella, which coninues to be way better that it has any right to be. There's precious little farming in the game, its more of an action RPG in the vein of Ys with some light farming elements, but I'm not mad at it.

This weekend, thanks to the recent PS Plus drop, im looking forward to finally playing Sackboy and Tchia on PS5. I need some platforming!

Last edited:
  • Comfy

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Still shooting and kicking my way through Resident Evil 4. I am finding it significantly longer than any previous RE game except RE6 (so far - RE6 took me 30 hours, while I am 26 hours in RE4 and in chapter 15). It is great. If they stick the landing, it will be the first capcom game (out of like 20 I played) that I will give 9/10.

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
Lonely Mountains: Downhill on PC and Paranormasight on Deck. The former is excellent, except for the questionable challenges structure, really nails exploring the mountain, even if that mountain is a bit idealized - tons of shortcuts, alternate routes and plenty of freedom in how you want to approach the trails.

And I really like Paranormasight so far (6 hours in), hopefully it sticks the landing.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I finished Resident Evil 4 remake recently, and as I went back and forth between that and The Last of Us, I also finished A Plague Tale Reqiuem.

The Last of Us, as I have mentioned in the Steam thread(s), runs fine for me but certainly has room for improvements, performance-wise. Options-wise and the game itself? all great! :)
A Plague Tale Requiem was a bit of a mixed bag, like the first game. Good story (but I cared less about it than in the first game), beautiful world, some good gameplay, some tedious, and the walking sim-sequences were also a bit too plentiful and boring. And the game failed in one crucial thing: I didnt care about Hugo this time around (and now I cant remember if I cared about him much in the first game, but I assume more than in Requiem).
And Resident 4 remake is just great. I wanted to do another run of it like I've done with the other remakes and RE Village, but its quite a long game, so I might not do that right away. Usually my goal with re-runs is unlocks and then having fun "speedrunning" it with infinite rocketlaunchers and whatnot ;)

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Someone stop me, I keep starting CRPGs :toucan:

I just bought Baldur's Gate 3 and thought about just checking it for a bit and I already played 8 hours :sweaty-blob:

Though I'll try to hold back and not invest too much time into it before the release in August.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Going to start Atomic Heart (Steam) today, have no expectations for it other than I keep hearing about good visuals, after that Im playing The Quarry (Steam). Love those kinds of games and Until Dawn is still one of my favorites.