Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 15 of 2024)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Continuing Ace Attorney 6, I finished 6-2 and 6-3 during the week. Both cases are as great as I remember. Characters, twists, pacing... everything is excellent. Man, I love this game.

I also put some time into Future Cop: LAPD, a game from the PS1 era. I wrote about it in my OP of the Forgotten Games thread. Beat the first stage today and it holds up really well. So good.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
So I started playing the old Call of Duty games, finished the first one and I'm progressing my way through the second game. I can't believe how these games were only 2 years apart, the second one looks so much better than the first one.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
More Vampyr.
It's definitely flawed.
It's amusing how it always reminds you about how your actions have consequences, but it really falls apart when none of the NPC's have any permanence in the dialogue stuff. Like, I can accuse someone of some stuff, call them horrible monster for doing x y and z, but there's no consequence for most of it. I suppose it can be explained away by saying that they don't remember when you mesmerize an answer out of them, but some of the conversations that start from those mesmerize dialogue options can go on for a bit and feel like the mesmer effect should have ran out.
It's weird.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
So I started playing the old Call of Duty games, finished the first one and I'm progressing my way through the second game. I can't believe how these games were only 2 years apart, the second one looks so much better than the first one.
I finished Mass Effect Andromeda after Troubleshooter, now starting my own Call of Duty run starting with Black Ops 1

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I just played Botany Manor for about an hour, and so far I think it's pretty good! It's definitely all vibes though, and very light of gameplay.

You basically wander around looking for clues that relate to certain plants. You use these clues to grow the plant, record notes about the plant for the book you're writing, and then you get access to a new area with new plants to discover. There may be a story happening in the background, but I'm not sure if it will just be "lore" or an actual story.

Unless you like backtracking constantly to re-read notes/clues/etc... I suggest taking screenshots of everything. Despite having a book where you record your findings, it doesn't record the content of the clues -- it just labels them with a title(ie: Dartmoor Poster, Summer Postcard, etc...) so you can pin that clue to the corresponding plant, and where you found it. If you need to remember the actual details on the clue to actually solve the "puzzle" you need to run back to the clue and re-examine it.

Anyway, I plan to pick away at it very casually. It's not something I would play for an extended gaming session.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I started and finished Heavenly Bodies.
It's great but the movement controls are definitely something you need to get used to.

Reactions: Cacher