Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 16 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I am playing Champions' Ballad DLC of Botw. Shrines are more complex and difficult, and tasks on the overworld are fairly interesting. It's basically more content for experienced player of the game and I am really enjoying it.

Also started playing Marchen Forest last week. Didn't make much progress since my last update. Fun game. Very happy that I manage to find a hidden gem.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I'm in Fukuoka on vacation, so it's Steam Deck all day every day (console detox lol). Playing in the evenings while recovering from the daily walkathons!

Finished Iwaihime at last, and man did I hate it. :cold-sweat: It just kept getting progressively more stupid, to the point where I was laughing out loud by the end. Terrible VN.

Dabbling in a bunch of light games: Mail Mole (fun enough platformer, but I dont like how you're underground by default - makes it tough to judge jumps) and Pizza Tower (great, frenetic platformer with a love it or hate it visual style). I'll probably just settle for playing more of the Vampire Survivors expansion eventually, I'm sure.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I'm playing through Ghostwire Tokyo. I wouldn't call it a great game, but I enjoy the setting and story enough to power through it. There are some horror sections with psychedelic visuals that look really cool. I'm only doing the main mission with a smattering of side quests since I don't want to get open world burnout before Tears of the Kingdom releases.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Finishing up TLOU, now on the Left Behind mini-campaign. Playing this one with keyboard and mouse, and it's pretty good. Naughty Dog patched the mouse controls this week. While playing on the dual sense is nice, the whole vibration thing does get a bit tiring after some time.

Also making some progress with Cold Steel IV. Let's see if I can finish this one by July. Just now finishing up Act 1, and I think Act 2 is actually longer.

Also finally started up BOTW again on the Switch. Now at 80 shrines, and aiming to finish the game before May. It's crazy how good this game still holds up after all these years, it even looks good. Not in terms of IQ (lol), but many scenes have this painterly look to them that works really well at times.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I finished getting all achievements and challenges in Resident Evil 4, so I'll probably start dipping into the Mercenaries this week.

Also started Stranger of Paradise and Dredge. Stranger of Paradise seems like decent fun, and the story is just as hilarious as it seemed from the trailers, maybe more so. Dredge has been a pretty chill time so far, and I'm curious to see where it goes from here. It's awfully laid back for a horror game, at least at the early point I'm at.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Turns out I was already close to the end in Muv-Luv Unlimited. I then did another character route and unlike Extra, which changed quite drastically between the routes, it was basically the same thing. Don't feel like doing the other character routes because of this, so instead I'm gonna move straight into Alternative :evilblob:
So far I've enjoyed the games quite a lot.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Started Atelier Ryza, played for a bit... and then my system crashed with a DPC Watchdog Violation. :ripblob:
I imagine the crash has nothing to do with the game since I think that error is usually a driver or firmware bug or some such. In fact when I went and checked the event log there was a warning about some usbip_vhci driver failing to load. Did some more snooping and turns out I had a new device in the device manager related to that, and the driver isn't signed. It's related to my Asustor NAS and looks like a recent update on the 14th added it. Well, I uninstalled the driver as I didn't need it anyway, hopefully that was the actual cause.

Anyways, due to no autosaves or checkpoints of any kind and with the story intro, combat tutorial etc being kind of long, I lost about 90 minutes. :rip:
At least I can skip all the dialogue stuff next time around, should be much faster.

• Sad
Reactions: Cacher

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I've now started Ryza properly and played a bunch. It's a slow starter, I don't remember if Sophie was the same, but I think Firis was too.
Not sure how I feel about the combat yet, it's a bit more active than I usually want from turn based games. Maybe it grows on me. It's also a little harder than I expected, but maybe that's just the game expecting me to stay in one of the combat areas for longer and getting some levels on the characters.

Reactions: C-Dub and Cacher

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Restarted Killzone after getting a new gpu for my htpc.
As I never had a ps2, I have to assume it ran like absolute ass on the console because I run into fps drops like crazy in pcsx2.
Pairing that with more Jedi Fallen Order and Scorn

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
Restarted Killzone after getting a new gpu for my htpc.
As I never had a ps2, I have to assume it ran like absolute ass on the console because I run into fps drops like crazy in pcsx2.
Pairing that with more Jedi Fallen Order and Scorn
I played it on PS2 a couple of month ago and yes, it barely runs at 30FPS. I'd say it mostly hover around 20FPS, like 99% of the time
Great game though

Magnamalo

Bearded sora
May 9, 2021
Currently playing Monster Hunter Rise, playing the latest updates new monsters that dropped a few days ago
Great game but personally much preferred Monster Hunter World in many aspects, difficulty wise Rise especially is too easy etc

On the side when friends are on Borderlands 3 again from beginning since we was just feeling it, gameplay wise is defineltey not as good as Tiny Tina but writing is atleast barely bearable compared to Tiny Tina lol

And lastly uninstalled Overwatch 2, put more than 1000 hrs, still not improving guess not all games are for everyone

Reactions: Cacher and C-Dub