Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 28 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! Are you having fun in Summer Sale 2023? Have you been playing these shiny new games in your library already? What are you playing?

Continuing my adventure through Gears Tactics. Defeated the boss of Act 2 and now progressing Act 3. Variety continues to be an issue but I am having fun with it. Good game.

Also started replaying Tales of Vesperia. Man 14 years ago I played this great game on the Xbox360 on a freaking CRT (and changed to a HDTV halfway). Now I am playing it on a handheld PC running at 60fps. Crazy times to be a gamer.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm playing Trails from Zero on the Deck, and not much else right now. It's interesting to see how some characters that I already know from Cold Steel were first introduced. Turbo is really invaluable, especially for battles.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Been playing

Diablo IV, need to finish up soon. I skipped D3 and D2 remaster, so first Diablo I played in ages. I appreciate it for what it is, but unsure how much I will follow the seasons.

Katamari Damacy Reroll+, I kinda cleared this, but still playing around. May go for all the achievements, I don't know, I am just a sucker for Katamari.

Street Fighter 6, struggling to find time to play it, and have not touched online since I am playing on Deck.

Plan to play Atelier Marie later this week and I am challenging myself to finish it. Otherwise I need to go and finish one of the 20+ VNs I am in the midst of reading. :tired-face:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Some more Moonlighter. I'm in the 4th dungeon and will probably make a run at the boss immediately next time I play. Not entirely sure what's behind the 5th door, is it a 5th dungeon? Probably!
But they have had very clear signs and themes for the 4 dungeons so far and even had signs outside the entrances to name them, but no such thing on the 5th door. Maybe it's a combination dungeon.
Additionally I'm not entirely sure what the DLC I bought adds, I think I read it's stuff for after the main game, so I'll probably get to that this week too.

Finished the final Dreamland Solitaire game, so I need to pick something else for my casual "I have couple of minutes" game, I think I mentioned a few in the last thread but I'm leaning towards House Flipper and Regency Solitaire at the moment.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Started SF6 again on Steam, this time I'm really going to stick to the World Tour mode instead of getting sidetracked! Played a little of that Shin Chan game too (Boku No Natsuyasumi), but decided to switch after a couple of in game days - the slow burn summer vacation vibe isnt what I'm in the mood for right now. I also spent most of Saturday cleaning out my Honkai Star Rail quest queue. All caught up!

On NSW, still playing Kirby. God that game is so good. Will play Mario 3D AllStars next on there, as I'm in a platforming binge.

Speaking of platformers, I beat Forged in Shadow Torch (F.I.S.T.) on XSX recently as well, even got all the achievements. Such a great game! Theres a lot of jank to be sure, and the teleporters are really inconveniently placed, but the combat and boss battles were yso outstanding thaf it didnt really matter. If you have XGP and like Metroidvania, play this!
Finished the final Dreamland Solitaire game, so I need to pick something else for my casual "I have couple of minutes" game, I think I mentioned a few in the last thread but I'm leaning towards House Flipper and Regency Solitaire at the moment.
Regency Solitaire is raaaaad. I recommend that! 🥰

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm currently playing Halo CE as I bought the Halo MCC from the latest Steam Sale. While I'm enjoying the game the same way as I enjoyed many years ago, the MCC version has an issue with AMD cards where if you use the remastered graphics the game freezes when trying to load an area, so I'm mostly palying using the original graphics, at least it still has some charm to it.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Finished Trails into Reverie and MH Rise Sunbreak over the weekend, Now I’m playing a little bit of EDF5 with friends every night and some more MonHun by myself and DJMax here and there.

Randomly got the urge to go back to Hollow Knight yesterday as ive only played like an hour of it years ago. So might give that another shot this week. But im ordering a Steam Deck on Wednesday so I might hold off until I get it to play it there.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Been making progress through Reverie mostly. So far the Route for Lloyd is actually the most interesting, even if it feels pretty repetitive Falcom still knows how to pull me in and care about Crossbell. Rean's parth is a bit more mellow so far, but I'm still in Act II. Still have not really reached C's route, as the one bit in Act I is pretty short.

Last edited:

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Played Wasteland 3. Games pretty fun so far. Should've played W2 first but whatever, I'm 12 hours in, too late now.

Also tried Mass Effect Legendary Edition, I think I put more time modding it than playing it. Only finished ME 1 and 2 years ago on release, wanted to play ME3 but feels like I should be replaying the whole game to get the full impact of 3.

Just too many games and too little time.

Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Kind of spinning my wheels while waiting for Baldur's Gate 3. In the past week I've played Exoprimal (sucks), Dead Island 2 (mediocre) and finished Chrono Trigger (still one of the finest RPGs of all time).