Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 30 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Slowly progressing through Act 2 of Tales of Vesperia. I just love the group dynamics in this game. So good.

Also started Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on the Series X. Just finished the extra chapters and reached the final location. The extra chapters are a bit buggy and level design is obviously not as good. They have non-stopped actions, whereas the previous chapters always fit a bit of breathing room between each combat encounter. Still very fun to play. Good game.

Dec 5, 2018
As last week SF6, I think having played for a while only in the battle hub against people that are CLEARLY better than me taught me a few tricks (at least they serve me now in ranked mode).

Also Trails into Reverie, midway Act 3, as far as the main story goes I'm still surprised that it moves so fast, which scares me once the next game returns to the traditional slow format.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Still going through The Last of Us, 3rd time going through, once on ps3 then ps4 and now PC. Playing on hard but finding it tougher than when I played on PS4 on Grounded difficulty.

Replaying Ghost of Tsushima, had nearly finished it on PS4, but now doing it again with the expansion on PS5. Enjoying it.

Also just started Remnant 2.

All of these are really just to pass time until Baldurs Gate 3 arrives.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Finished Gears of War. The final boss is still bullshit, but I am glad that I saved a boomshot from the second last level for him. Died a few times fighting the normal way, so I just said "fuck it" and started throwing grenades and firing boomshot at him. Took a few shots more after the explosive parade.

Overall good remake of the first game. Really enjoyed my time with it.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Finished Gears of War. The final boss is still bullshit, but I am glad that I saved a boomshot from the second last level for him. Died a few times fighting the normal way, so I just said "fuck it" and started flowing grenades and firing boomshot at him. Took a few shots more after the explosive parade.

Overall good remake of the first game. Really enjoyed my time with it.
I Would love to play Gears 2 and 3 again, haven't played since they launched on Xbox 360. Hope that Gears collection turns out to be true.

• This!
Reactions: Cacher and Parsnip

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Finishing up Reverie, pretty much. Sadly did not have much time gaming last week.

Reactions: Cacher

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Finished Regency Solitaire! I have a few nitpicks/qol things that I hope they improve upon in the sequel. For example, you can't restart a given hand directly from the menu. Like say, if you're about halfway done with your deck but only managed to remove one or two cards, your best option is to just click click click through the rest of your deck and then retry from the result screen. On the flipside of that is that you can get jokers and wildcards from the deck too, so you could potentially miss some of those if you were able to restart more easily. The other option is to quit back to main menu and then continue, which then also restarts the hand. The thing is, it doesn't even take long to flip through your entire deck if you want, so it's not about the wasted time in that sense. Other small things like that, that aren't super important but seem like such obvious things to me.

One other thing to mention, and this is just a general thing in all games... difficulty achievements need to stack down. That's just common sense, come on.

Still also flipping houses. I actually enjoy the odd jobs more so far, the checklist nature of those just works for me. Flipping houses is more work, and I have to actually think about what I'm doing a bit.

Going to start Darksiders Genesis next.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman