Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 33 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing? Yeah, BG3. I know.

Reaching the climax of Act 2 of Tales of Vesperia. Really like how the cast reacted to the whole incident. All of them received good character development and the party as a whole now feels much stronger mentally. Many people are so-so towards power of friendship, but when the writing is good, I certainly don't mind seeing the trope more.

Also played the first mission of Call of Duty WWII. Looks gorgeous. First mission being the D-Day really sets the tone well. Also reminded me one of the early Medal of Honor games which I played years ago.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Crosspost from the blitz thread.
Finished Darksiders Genesis. Might poke at it at apocalyptic difficulty and see if it's doable, I played the first level again with it and turns out enemies hit hard. Who knew!?
Would probably need to optimize my build a bit at least if I'm going to try, we'll see. If I can do it, then I'll probably get all the cheevos from it, aside from the difficulty achievements I'm only missing couple more so at that point might as well.

As for the game itself, it's pretty good. I played mostly as Strife and was very gun focused. Lots of boss fights with adds, which kind of sucks to be honest.
Darksiders 2 probably remains my favorite in the end.
I haven't tried more levels on the apocalyptic difficulty just yet, but from what I played the first one it seemed like enemies become quite spongy, so I don't know how I feel about that. We'll see.

I bought Remnant 1 not too long ago and might play that next.
Cryostasis has also been popping in my head lately for some reason, so I installed it. I never played it, it's about time. Assuming it runs on modern systems, I expect I'll have to look at PC Gaming Wiki on that one.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Still deep in Xenoblade Chronicles X. Just finished Chapter 8.
Still enjoying it a lot, the Skell gameplay feels great.

Though come Wednesday I'll be diving head-first into Fontaine in Genshin, so we'll see how far I can get until then.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Baldurs Gate 3: about 40hours now into act 1, an incredible experience, game of the year so far, good luck Starfield.

Also playing some Atlas Fallen, movement and combat is fun. Voice acting, story is oof. Finding it okay if you go in with the correct mindset.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman