Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 37 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Started Starfield on last Wed and have already put 18 hours into it. Still scratching the surface as I am just exploring some starting planets, doing some activities and side quests on New Atlantis. Been to the city on Mars for once due to the main quest but did not stay long. There is a billion things to do in this game, honestly I can play this game for the remaining year.

However, playing one long game is not enough. I have also started Trails of Cold Steel 3. Finally starting this game after finishing Cold Steel 2 for over 2 years because that game really soured my interest in the series. A friend of mine warned me this third game is even worse in terms of writing so I have no expectations. Just want to see the overarching story and how Ouroboros continued getting defeated every single time yet still putting forward another plan in the next game.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Mmh, I resumed my playthrough of BG3. Started Act 3 and it's still incredible.
I paused Starfield, because I don't care enough and I apparently can't play BG3 and Starfield at the same time.

But as I never learn I'm looking into some Japanese as fuck games, to sort of balance BG3 and attain enlightenment.
Not sure if I go Yakuza 0 or full 8 bits weeboo with Famicom Detective Club or Retro Mystery Club.

I'm becoming extremely tired of long games, this is a problem.

PS. Oh, and I start my days replaying Picross S2 on Deck. Let me tell you, those are long morning shits.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Finished Disco Elysium, fantastic stuff.
Also played another 15 minutes stretch of RE7 (until the next save post, lol).

Didn't expect to finish Disco already, so I'm a bit unprepared now though :thinking-face:
Maybe just try to focus on RE7 and look for some other small games, since I still have Genshin and Star Rail anyway and the week after I'll probably get Nayuta.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Played through the DLC to The Mystery of the Golden Idol yesterday. I felt it was still really good but a little short, even at the measured price.
Then I learnt there was a final DLC.
So I did what everyone who feel something is a little pricey, I insta-bought it.

Played through the first case today, I suffered a bit.

• Toucan
  • Sweating
Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I'm still in the weeds in Act II of BG3, have had to do a few save reloads due to unexpected quest interactions but otherwise it's been great. I started ACVI when it came out and was having fun but it's intense so I'm holding off on it until I get through my current glut of things I'm working on.

I started playing Warm Snow a little bit ago and have like 20+ hours in it now. It's a really addictive Hades-esque game (down to needing to play through multiple times to get the "true" ending).

Also just started up the NMS expedition, hoping to finish that up quickly as I know D3 season drops soon as well.

Reactions: Dandy and Cacher

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
The Mystery of the Golden Idol DLC #3 finished.
Now to play something else on Deck. Probably an 8bit ADV.

• Gib
Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I've been playing Fae Farm the last couple days, It's very wholesome and relaxing so far. A bit simplistic, but I'm sure it ramps up a bit as you progress. I'm also still playing Starfield, but it's my day-off/weekend game, as I find it requires more of my attention/time, whereas Fae Farm is very soothing/cozy, and lets me zone out.

Reactions: Cacher and Stevey

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Played through Frog Detective vol.3 yesterday. Went more or less as expected. Grace Bruxner and co have their heart in the right place, but they really have to work on their structure. The whole walkthrough of the game being 'talk to everyone', and then 'talk to everyone again' is more than rough.

The epilogue was nice, I won't argue with that or how charming the characters are.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman