Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 39 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I have been putting all of my gaming time into Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Reached chapter 4 in this afternoon so I am closing in on where I dropped the game last time. Immensely enjoying the game. The dungeon designs are well-done and combat mechanics is easy to learn and satisfying to play. The story has its cliché moments but overall the writing is fun and the songs are really good.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
BG3 is paused, P5R is semi paused, I enjoyed a boomer shooter hitch for the last few days.

Cultic was very good, especially for a one person dev. Not Dusk or Amid Evil good, but at 5h a play through it doesn't outstay its welcome, which is great in my book. And at 9 bucks it's reasonably priced imho.
Now I'm playing through HROT and it's on another level. In a muddily delineated genre made of several flavors, it's a perfect recreation of one of those flavors.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Still chipping away at One Piece Odyssey. It's been really enjoyable. Finding the time to play it hasn't been as enjoyable though :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I have been putting all of my gaming time into Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Reached chapter 4 in this afternoon so I am closing in on where I dropped the game last time. Immensely enjoying the game. The dungeon designs are well-done and combat mechanics is easy to learn and satisfying to play. The story has its cliché moments but overall the writing is fun and the songs are really good.

Have fun with the game! It really is so good! I played it ages ago when it was first released on the Wii U. I finished a few chapters but then I got distracted and never went back to it. Really enjoyed what I played of it. Now I'm thinking of playing it one day on the Steam Deck but I'm not sure whether to go with the original Wii U version or the Switch one.

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Started Tales of Vesperia, didn't make it really far only to the third (?) town.
Also played a bit more of Holocure.
The opening hours of TOV are pretty slow. Hopefully you will stick with it!
Still chipping away at One Piece Odyssey. It's been really enjoyable. Finding the time to play it hasn't been as enjoyable though :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Have fun with the game! It really is so good! I played it ages ago when it was first released on the Wii U. I finished a few chapters but then I got distracted and never went back to it. Really enjoyed what I played of it. Now I'm thinking of playing it one day on the Steam Deck but I'm not sure whether to go with the original Wii U version or the Switch one.
Definitely go for the Switch version. As far as I know, there's plenty of new content: extra dungeon, new costumes, new songs, and most importantly, Maiko, Barry and Tiki can join sessions in combat. Really useful.

I want to play One Piece Odyssey, too. The price is a bit steep here so currently waiting for a bigger discount :p

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
The opening hours of TOV are pretty slow. Hopefully you will stick with it!

Definitely go for the Switch version. As far as I know, there's plenty of new content: extra dungeon, new costumes, new songs, and most importantly, Maiko, Barry and Tiki can join sessions in combat. Really useful.

I want to play One Piece Odyssey, too. The price is a bit steep here so currently waiting for a bigger discount :p
Oh that's nice! I didn't know about the extra content in Encore. The way I remember it is that there was some sort of a patch for the Wii U version to unlock some Japan exclusive dlc, but apparently that dlc is only playable in the Japanese release of the Wii U version. So I guess I can forget about that. Encore it is :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I actually have Encore on the Deck and it runs pretty nicely on it! Just wasn't sure whether I should stick with it or go with the Wii U version.

One Piece Odyssey is really fun! Seeing all the signature Straw Hats moves (And there is tons of them!) animated in the game's combat system is chef's kiss

I think I've seen it go for as low as 50% off recently. But if past One Piece games are anything to go by, it should go as low as 80-90% off in the near future :D

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Juggling the following:
  • Lies of P (currently stuck at two bosses)
  • Baldurs Gate 3 (its a bit of a slog for me since Im not clicking with the game mechanics)
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (started a fresh game, have not yet tried Phantom Liberty)
  • Resident Evil 4: Separate Ways (having the most fun with this)
  • Trine 5 (8.5 hours in and still at Act 2 out of 5, this seems to be a long game)
and as always, Zachtronics Solitaire in between

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
FInishing up Yakuza 6, near the finale now and almost done with all substories (aside from one and then the classic Amon one). Really great game that provides Kiryu a great "ending" (well, given how much he turns up in Yakuza 8 and his side game, I guess Sega just can't let the poor guy rest)

And still in the middle of Baldurs Gate 3. Was hoping to finish this before Alan Wake 2 launches, but it's seeming a lot less likely.