Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 4 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I just got a Xbox Series X! Managed to find an affordable used unit at a local store. Also grabbed Black Ops 1 from the bargain bin for fun. Already tested the console and game. Worked flawlessly. Man a COD is excellent for blowing off steam.

Going forward this will be my main machine for AAA games (on Game Pass) as well as backward compatible games. Finally I can revisit some old classics like Bully, Fable, Red Dead Redemption, Gears of War and Lost Odyssey. Also excited to play some games that I miss: Blue Dragon, Asura's Wrath, Banjo-Kazooie... Very exciting.

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Just finished Gears 5 so...

Wasteland 3 but I've gotten to a really annoying part in the first DLC. They give you non lethal guns to stop the workers but it takes 10 shots to disable 1 person all the while they are shooting you with real bullets and dropping reinforcements. It's one of those "Are you fucking kidding me?" game design decisions that make me want to rage uninstall.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I finished Darksid3rs last week and now I think I'm going to start ECHO. Was always intrigued by the game but only bought it just now in December.
And Dreamland Solitaire remains my current "I have 10 minutes, what should I do" game, I'm about 60% done there if I remember right.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Every week this year has basically just been Elden Ring + Genshin and this week isn't looking like it will be any different, lol.
New area in Genshin + the current Lantern Rite event are excellent, and Elden Ring continues to be very good (and very big).

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm up to December in Persona 3 FES. I didn't plan to stick with it for long, but somehow I might have to finish it. Can't imagine playing a Persona game twice, but here we are.

This week I might get started with my Backlog Blitz game, A Golden Wake. And perhaps some Great Ace Attorney in between, too.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm still playing FF7R (on PC), Talos Principle VR (in VR, obviously), and Nights of Azure (on Deck).

For both FF7R and Nights of Azure I think I'm getting closer to the end. For Talos Principle I believe I'm in the final 1/3rd, but some of the puzzles are starting to take significantly longer (both to figure out and sometimes to execute, and the latter can be annoying).

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Because of the stupid new 2k launcher on XCOM2 I was only playing the vanilla version, had to restart to play War of the Chosen.

This is probably for the best as the game gave my Irish ranger the nickname "Iron Lady" when she leveled up and as we know, Thatcher wasn't kind to the Irish.

Honk!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
More of ECHO. Kind of crappy checkpoints and only a few save points in some rooms makes this kind of frustrating experience if you want to get collectables and such.

Reactions: Cacher