Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 42: Oct 17th - Oct 23rd, 2022)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I am at the final chapter of Judgment. Very tempting to just rush to the ending, but without main story motivation I would never be able to finish the optional stuff, so it is best to hold off until I have completed most of the side content. Already done with the baseball center. Going after the girls and arcades next.

Also started on the Witness. Good change of pace from Judgment. The game looks gorgeous on the deck.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Almost easier to say all the games I keep putting off playing all of them

I have been playing the following:
DJMax Respect V - Season 7 dropped this month and it is my favorite rhythm game of all time

Warhammer 40k: Darktide Beta - Technically the beta is ending on the 16th/17th, but the game went from low to high interest. If they can improve performance, I might have grab it day 1. Reallyyy enjoyed Vermintide, but skipped over Vermintide II.

Dome Keeper - Interesting game, not sure how long I will play it, but seems like it has an addicting loop.

Cultic - Only tried a bit and then had some family duties to attend to, but game seems really good.
___

Later this week I plan on nabbing P5R though I need to have a serious heart-to-heart with my love of JRPGs and ask myself if I will ever finish one ever, since I keep starting them and never finish them *cough* Trails from Zero *cough*

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Uh, so let’s not list all the games I started and listed in prior threads, cutting to the chase.

Persona 4 Golden is a given. I’m past where I dropped it years ago and want to see what’s coming. On the downside it’s also boring and the dating sim gameplay stresses me the fuck out. I have very high regard for Persona 3, but I’m not sure that’s a template that warrants a whole series.

Other than that I don’t know, there are obviously the metric ton of games I started but this week has a few new releases that interest me.
I should also really play Cultic, but as I’ve played Dusk and Amid Evil back to back, I’m a little full in the shooting people in the face front.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I forgot to do online checkin after updating Proton Experimental, so I can only launch Retroarch on the deck during commuting today. Played a bit of Super Mario RPG. The graphics, the Shimomura music, the charm... I was extremely sleepy after a 12-hour work day, but the game blows my sleepiness away.

This game is just timeless. So good.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm still playing DEATHLOOP and juggling the new Forza Horizon 5 update and Need For Speed: Heat. I may also keep playing Humankind but this week will be a bit hectic to juggle different games.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Same as last week and the week before: Trails from Zero and Genshin.
Slowly working my way forwards in the former, but I'm currently also binging a really cool webnovel, so reading time eats quite a bit into gaming time 😅

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I cleaned up Paradise Killer and poked at the mechanics a bit to know what I wanted to know.
I was curious if the guilty people were fully predetermined, or if the game would mold the results based on who you accuse. By which I mean that if for example I accuse Acid for killing K. HX, the game would switch to an "Acid guilty" path and she would confess. But nope, no confession. So there's only really one real truth, you just have the choice of which parts of that truth you are presenting to the judge.

Definitely neat.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Going through Plague Tale on Gamepass, really enjoying it (adored the first as well)
Replaying Wolfenstein the new order for like the third time before starting the second game.

Going to start the new call of duty campaign later today. First time i have bought a cod day1 in years.(Weirdly glad Gotham Knights isn't scoring as high as it makes me glad I skipped it for this).

Reactions: LEANIJA and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Going through Plague Tale on Gamepass, really enjoying it (adored the first as well)
Replaying Wolfenstein the new order for like the third time before starting the second game.

Going to start the new call of duty campaign later today. First time i have bought a cod day1 in years.(Weirdly glad Gotham Knights isn't scoring as high as it makes me glad I skipped it for this).
I'm interested in the new COD, but I just can't justify the price they demand for it :worried-face:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I'm interested in the new COD, but I just can't justify the price they demand for it :worried-face:
Yeah I had some refund money that was sitting in my Steam account, which made it seem better in price (even though its still all my money).
I really enjoyed the open beta, there seems to be a lot of content in the game, I think that all helped.

Reactions: Li Kao

FunnyJay