Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 42 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Tokyo Mirage Sessions. At the final (I guess?) dungeon now. I doubt I need to grind for levels and skills for the final boss since the game is pretty easy, but I will play a second walkthrough afterwards for the superbosses so this seems to be the time to think about skill synergy. Also going back to some previous dungeons to open locked treasure boxes as well as clearing some side quests.

Fights in Tight Spaces. Finally reach the final boss of the DLC today and got my butt kicked within the first turn. Like the final boss from the based game, this one also seems impossible to beat at first but I know there has to be a way to get them. Time for another playthrough.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Lots of good stuff.

New Star Rail update dropped with strong story stuff and a fun Pokemon side-event I'm still slowly progressing through.
More Genshin expolorationing and questing.
Finished Moonscars, which I've been very much enjoying after getting used to the initial quirks.
And playing The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope, which has been pretty decent so far.
Also gave Metal: Hellsinger a spin and I'm digging it - just need to calibrate the audio/visual stuff better, it's a bit off.

Reactions: C-Dub and Cacher

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Genshin - I think I did all the "big" 4.1 quests, doing the poetry event now and probably gonna do more actual exploring of the new area now that the quests are out of the way.

Baldur's Gate 3 - I only have like 3 quests left before the final endgame thing. There's one sidequest I can't do because it's super bugged, which is annoying.

Started Tiny Tina's Wonderlands co-op, limited playtime but it's fun so far. The last (and only) BL game we played was BL2 so not like we're BL'd out

Astrea - the higher difficulties make the game a bit less fun, I want to complete them just to do it but like so many of these roguelikes, it restricts you to basically one tactic to get through the run.

Reactions: Cacher and Stevey

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Really enjoying the latest patch for Honkai Star Rail, now playable on the ole PS5! Such a huge convenience to be able to play it directly after finishing Genshin, without having to switch from PS5 to PC or mobile.

Been playing a bunch of random indies from the backlog on Xbox, I've been in an experimental mood. A couple FMV games (Truth, beaten, and Vegas Tales, ongoing) - both quite bad so far. Also tried a couple hours of Wild West roguelike Dust & Neon - surprisingly addictive, if a bit unbalanced. The six shooter manual reloads and cover mechanics are super unique, and rarely seen in the genre.

As for Steam, I went heavy on Etrian Odyssey 1 over the weekend. Still crazy good, and a whole lotta fun despite its age. It takes some getting used to, playing with the Xbox pad, then switching to the mouse when its time to draw the maps, but I got used to it pretty quickly. It's a bit naff on the Steam Deck for the same reason - yes, the device has all the inputs you need (gamepad, touchscreen) but its annoying drawing a map on the dinky screen with your thumb.

Reactions: Cacher
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Managed to get into the second stage of the final boss in FiTS... Damn, this is extremely difficult. Even the goons are huge threats. The final boss in base game looks like an infant compared with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
More Biomutant.
:rip:

All the side stuff is really mindless checkbox list of things, but I'm compelled to do them anyway. Though I'm fairly close to finishing those up, so I'm probably done with it this week.

Reactions: Cacher