Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 44: Oct 31st - Nov 6th, 2022)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Holy cow, we are entering November! Where does the time go? Gaming? Suuuuuuuuuurrrrre, Jan.

So, what are you playing?

I met Geno and beat the second boss in Super Mario RPG. I remember myself loving him when I was a young kid. His design was just so cool (to kids at that time) and different from anything that Nintendo may design.

Also started playing Fire Emblem the Binding Blade. Pretty sure that I have beaten this game 15 years ago but I honestly don't remember a single thing other than Hector's death during an opening chapter. Already finished a few stages. Game looks gorgeous on the Deck with a GBA screen shader.

I really should stick to one or two games because I left Judgment and Poison Control in the cold during the previous week. Both are good games but shiny new things are even better, I guess. Going to return my focus to Judgment real soon.

Dec 5, 2018
Still addicted to Vampire Survivors, the feeling of evolving all your equipped weapons and seeing all the chaos on screen is glorious.

And still going throught P5R, now midway May. So far I'm liking the slight mechanical/QoL improvements over its predecessor.

E:
. Game looks gorgeous on the Deck with a GBA screen shader.
Which shader are you using ?

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Uh, I'm beginning to hate that I have always the same answer, P4G. I'm on summer break between two story beats right now and it feels appropriately relaxed.

I managed to finish Maid of Sker last week as an unplanned game, so maybe another one this week ? But I don't have a great morale so we will see.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
The new Genshin update drops this week, with the conclusion to the current story chapter so I'm gonna be doing that. Also still have a lot of tomb raiding in the desert area to do. :evilblob:

Other than that maybe a bit of Yakuza 4 or Signalis. Kinda feel like plying Caligula Effect too, but of course it has broken videos on the Deck. Might see how many videos it has, I can start it on the Desktop and move to the Deck after the intro (if there's only the intro).

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Holy smokes, cannot believe it is November.

On Steam Deck:
Persona 5 Royal - Slowly, but surely, just finished the first dungeon. I think the problem I have with JRPGs is I like to min/max everything and with the length these games are, I get in my own head about whether or not I am playing optimally. I am trying to shut that voice off and just enjoy myself here, but I admit I keep asking myself, "should I have done that social link now instead of studying"

PC:
Still DJMax, gotta finish season 7

Might start something shorter like Signalis or something.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I finished AC Chronicles China. I briefly thought about doing a hard plus run on each level and actually played through the first level through on that difficulty, but there's no real incentive to actually do it. The game's not that good to warrant a second playthrough and since there are no achievements or anything in there otherwise, I won't bother. Playing AC Chronicles India next.
And I bought Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy and Mummy Demastered few days ago, so I might play one or both of those.

And Globesweeper Hex Puzzler has been my current background game. Little over halfway done there.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Huh. Turns out the AC Chronicles games do still have Ubi achievements, at least in the Ubi client. But there doesn't seem to be a way to look at them from the website. Just Ubi things.

Still, looking at the list and I'm missing stuff like escape alert x times and kill x enemies, and that's garbage.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Finished AC Chronicles India, it's totally alright. Though it really felt like it could have had fewer of those running missions.
Going to bang out the full Chronicles trilogy in succession so Russia game is next.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I finished Yakuza 3 on the weekend. It definitely has a weaker story when compared with earlier entries, even though the setup was promising.

Spent the rest of the weekend playing Star Ocean 6 and XCDE. Unfortunately, the stutter in SO6 made its return, somehow. Recompiled the shader again and the issue seems to went away, but I can't be doing this every time.

Enjoying the story a lot in XCDE too. Shulk reminds me a bit of Rean at the start of Cold Steel, somehow. Unsure of himself, but surrounded by competent people.