Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 44 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I haven't touched Tokyo Mirage Sessions much as I put most of my gaming time into Dragon Quest 1. Already at the final dungeon and reached the final boss room, but I want to level up a bit more before finishing the game. Totally can see why this became a classic in JRPG: from level design to progression, everything is tightly connected. Although it has an extremely simple structure (with too much backtracking) compared with modern games, I still feel it is a good game to play in 2023.

Next up I want to play some western games to shake up my gaming pace. Let's see what I can pick up from the backlog...

• Hug
Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Mmh, let's see.

I'm almost literally at the final boss in Persona 5 Royal, but each time I play a session all I have to show for it is day to day dialogs and confidants, so I'm not playing often.

Baldur's Gate 3 is on ice and I really should play again before dropping it. But I don't really like Act 3.

Picross S3 very intermittently.

Mario Wonder on world 6, so finished soon.

Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem, not played in a few days. I like it but playing on hard, getting rolled over gets old after a time.

-

Business as usual. Kinda tempted to play Bloodstained or a light horror games, though.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Completed Metal Gear Solid today. Moving on to MGS2 now.

I also plan to carry on playing Super Mario Bros. Wonder too.

Reactions: Cacher

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I played through Stasis: Bone Totem which was a great experience - can recommend!
Otherwise, I haven't really decided on what to play next.

Maybe I'll continue the horror-trip with House of Ashes, but I also got an itch to continue with Death Stranding, which I've only played for a few hours, so maybe I should sit down and properly tackle that one next? We'll see.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I haven't started anything new as my main game after finishing Biomutant last week.

Still thinking about Mario Wonder, but I've been too lazy to check it out yet. :toucan:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I've been replaying Final Fantasy VII Remake to get hyped up for Rebirth. I remember kind of hating it the first time around thanks to the Whispers, but it doesn't bother me any more and I'm kind of loving it. The characterizations are top notch and the combat is fun. While it's still a heavily flawed game, I have a new appreciation for parts of it. I'm ready to board Mr. Nomura's wild ride in February.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Tried:

• Dead Space Remake, EA Play/Game Pass. Runs well enough surprisingly. Will finished it later.
  • Blood Omen. Runs 60fps now with the opengl wrapper. Gameplay's lacking but the atmosphere and story is still fantastic, gamepad supported out of the box is a plus as well. Recommended to buy on GOG.
  • Soul Reaver PC, even with the fixes, still crashes and feels janky. Tried this and it's much better. Save state is a plus as well.
  • Shadow Man Remastered, clunky but a really interesting game. Might come back to this one.
  • Alan Wake, never finished it. Trying to now from a new game but I also just bought Evil West, probably will play one of the two first.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm playing The Talos Principle. I'm currently on World B and they keep introducing new mechanics and it helps the game not feeling stale.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Just wrapped up spider man 2 tonight so not really sure. Kind of need a break after that whirlwind of action lol.

Maybe I'll finally get around to eternights, something smaller.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Beat Dragon Quest 1. It's my first game on the analogue pocket and I have to say the device is worth every penny. Even gameboy games look extremely good on it. Going to try a GBA game next.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Beat Dragon Quest 1. It's my first game on the analogue pocket and I have to say the device is worth every penny. Even gameboy games look extremely good on it. Going to try a GBA game next.
Which version did you play ? Was there a GBA port ?

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Decided that I have too many games concurrently on the go.
Limiting myself to one at a time.
Currently playing Sniper Elite 5.

This is so good- levels are well designed, with multiple ways to complete your goals.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Completed my first playthrough of Tokyo Mirage Sessions so moving onto the next game for now. Haven't played any point and click for a long time so I started Tiny Room Stories: Town Mystery. Pretty fun so far.

Reactions: Stevey