Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 45 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I have been playing a point-and-click called Tiny Room Stories: Town Mystery. You played as a random private detective who suddenly received a letter from father, and now you need to find out why everyone in father's town is missing. The whole game is divided into stages and each stage features a location for exploration and puzzle-solving. I have been playing it throughout the weekend, and judging from the achievements I am progressing through the later chapters of the game. Game is surprisingly long yet enjoyable. Very nice change-of-pace as I have just finished two JRPGs in a row.

Re-started Fire Emblem the Binding Blade on the analogue pocket. It looks gorgeous. :blobevening:

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
i want to complete diablo 4 season challenges and try another class, maybe will start sekiro or do some shorts runs in thps

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Still going through Super Mario Bros. Wonder every now and then. I could rush it but I enjoy it in shorter bursts.

My main game at the moment is Final Fantasy VIII Remastered. I’m going through each of mainline 3D FF games at a pace of about 1 per year. I did FFVII last December/January so I thought I’d do this one next.

I actually played FFVIII back when it first released on PC back in the day, so this playthrough is more to relive the story, which is probably the best part of 8.

Reactions: Cacher

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I'm playing Jusant a bit every day. It's just a joy to explore and take in the scenery.

I'm also playing Metroid Dread for the first time. I'm enjoying it so far, but the controls are still giving me a bit of trouble. Here's hoping it's something I get over soon.

I just finished Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, so I decided to go back to the original Donkey Kong Country. I don't think I've ever finished the OG, so this will be the time. I recently picked up the Neo Geo controller from 8bitdo, so I'm on a sidescroller kick.

Reactions: Cacher and C-Dub

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Currently playing House of Ashes, might finish it today. Liking it a lot.
After that, next week will just be Genshin. Upcoming update is looking incredibly hype.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Plugging my way through the campaign of Creeper World 4, so good.

Also playing Season 2 of Diablo IV, playing a Necro, lots of fun.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Playing 4 games at one time (not a good idea)
Spiderman 2 - Enjoying it more than the 1st 2, but also previous games were a 7/10 to me and this one is an 8/10. Fun but not mindblowing.
Alan Wake 2 - Really enjoying this, love the concepts that alan wake brings forward. Not much combat which I can imagine will put some people off.
Robocop - Surprisingly decent, great graphics and I love that there is a hub world with side missions etc...
Phantom liberty - Replaying Cyberpunk to get to expansion (still have to get there), enjoying the game a lot more this round.

Oh just remembered I started Jusant because of gamepass, not sure if I will keep playing but so far so good.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
WOWIE ZOWIE

Primarily Mario Wonder. It's been pretty excellent. Daisy is the best.

Also finished Shadowhand.

Might actually start one of my blitz games soon, it's been a month already and I haven't touched any of them yet. :cold-sweat:

Reactions: C-Dub and Cacher

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
That's Lies of P finished. There is a very good core here, unfortunate that they completely fucked up the difficulty (and to a lesser extent, the level design).

• Sad
Reactions: lashman and Cacher