Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 46: Nov 14th - Nov 20th, 2022)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread!

I haven't been playing much lately due to exhaustion from matters irl. BUT every time I turn on my Deck, I go straight to Harvestella. It never stops being fun, cozy and most importantly, welcoming. Really enjoying my time with it.

Not going to repeat what I said in the JRPG thread, so I will give the floor to you good people. What are you playing?

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Single Player side of things: I'm playing Chrono Trigger and FF VII Remake, both on Steam Deck.

Multiplayer side of things, depending on the group availability: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Valheim, and Guild Wars 2. Diablo 2 is still a blast to play 20 years later, especially in remastered form. I have played about 70 hours of Valheim so far and it started to feel really grindy and I have been disappointed by the world exploration. I have been trying to complete the story of GW2 for the past ~10 months, from start to finish including all expansions and living story and we only just started playing Path of Fire expansion.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Omori, Gunvein, and Dead by Daylight for me.

Omori is my current lunchbreak Deck game, and it's very compelling so far.
Gunvein's just awesome.
Dead by Daylight is in the healthiest spot it's been in ages. It actually feels like a lot of builds are viable for both killer and survivor, and I've been having loads of fun trying out different stuff.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Persona 5 Royal - I can only play about 1-2 hours a night most nights, so I have a feeling I will be playing this game through the rest of the year and into next year haha. I am already planning on a NG+ to clean up all the achievements, which is starting to feel silly to even consider.

DJMax - Close to the end of the season for me, maybe 1-2 more weeks to hit 30

Gunvein - Only started a tiny bit of and plan to play more, seems like a legit shmup. Picked up on JCB's recommendation and I think it is a good pick.

Disney Dreamlight - Finishing up the Halloween event dream pass. Maybe a few more days or so.

I have several other games I might bounce in or out of this week, but these will likely be the ones I spend most of my time with. Darktide early access pre-order beta launches on the 17th and I might pick that up. It is just tricky since I usually have to be on standby if my daughter wakes up and if I am mid-match then I have to drop. Also, the performance of the early beta was a bit rough.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Started Mummy Demastered few days ago so I'm playing that. It's fun and competent enough, but nothing remarkable or anything. Good pixel art and music, but a really bog standard metroid-like. Haven't looked at htlb but based on my map and item completion, it seems to be quite short so I going to be done with it soon. Also continuing Globesweeper Hex Puzzler, not too many puzzles left on that one.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I started playing Persona 5 Royal and the start is very slow, I'm just now defeating the first boss and it feels like the tutorial just ended.

I also got Ghost Song and that's a a solid metroidvania, though there are some aspects that I'm not enjoying like you not being able to fast travel when taking the parts needed to ship.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
On PC, I'm playing Sonic Frontiers. Despite not starting off on the best foot (the game has a nasty bug that 100% crashes in the options menu, if you have an integrated GPU alongside your real GPU), its a really, really well done game so far. Just shockingly good output for Sonic Team, which I figured was all but dead.

Basically, this strip sums up my thoughts on Sonic '22:

On Series X, I'm playing Vampire Survivors (again), P5R (again), and Pentiment. Glorious, glorious Pentiment. :face-throwing-a-kiss:

On PS5, I'm playing Genshin Impact, still, because the PS5 is destined to be my very expensive Genshin Impact Machine for the rest of time. (Also, my cousin was stupid enough to pay Jim Ryan 70 dollars for Ragnarok, so now I can play it for free with a wee bit of patience.)

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Dark Souls

Giving the original (well, the Remastered version of the original) another chance after abandoning it years ago. Now that I played through Elden Ring and Dark Souls III, it made sense to give this another shot... and yeah, it's good! Im not far in, just downed the Taurus Demon. Im following this walkthrough when I'm confused or thinking I missed something:
Quite useful!

Otherwise--Zachtronics Solitaire inbetween, all other games are on backburner, but the list of games to play "soon" is the same: Kena, Plague Tale, Asterigos + Blacktail when it comes out

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm "playing" Pentiment. Well, I played it. For about 45 minutes. So far, I love it. But I have been too tired after work to focus on it, so I'm saving it for the weekend.

Reactions: Li Kao and Cacher

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
GoW: Ragnarok - Still going through this, it's a really huge game, I am on 20hrs at the moment and from playthrough numbers on youtube, i am not even halfway in. Still enjoying it though.

Warzone 2 - First time playing warzone (original never ran well on my PC so ignored it, this one performs well). First ever match was a win, although team probably carried me, so far it is a good way to end the evening before going to bed).

STALKER - I have owned the three stalker games since they came out, but never finished any of them. Now the problem is that there are so many mods that seem good, that I have had choice paralysis. Uninstalling and swapping between so many. I think so far a mod called OGSR-Gunslinger might be the one I stick with, Although I am going to load up Radiophobia 3 (as some consider this shadow of Chernobyl Remake).

Reactions: Cacher

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Making steady progress on Trails of Cold Steel 3, in the fourth chapter now.

Weird West continues to be an interesting game. It's "mythical wild West" setting, with strange monsters, witches and monsters roaming alongside Western bounty hunters is pretty neat. But the best part of the game is the gameplay. In true immersive sim fashion it lets you tackle problems in whatever manner you choose. I love it.

Finally also playing a bit of The Evil Within 2, here and there. It feels a lot less "scary" than the first game, but also actually better in terms of a focus on systems and exploration. So far a far better game. The first game was just a complete mess to me, really annoying and incredibly unfair and just not fun to play. TEW2 so far is pretty much the opposite.
One important thing is that on Windows, the game stutters like crazy. Luckily it can be greatly improved by using DXVK, the translation layer to Vulkan, that's also used in Proton, for SteamOS. Nice to see technology meant to make things playable on Linux also help make gaming better on Windows.

Reactions: Cacher and LEANIJA