Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 49 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

On PC: Marvel's Midnight Suns. Still very early into the game because I have been taking it in slowly. Mainly doing side missions to level up my heroes and gain new cards. Also have been exploring around the Abbey grounds and found the second blood gate challenge but it was too difficult for my Hunter (only Lv6 when the recommend level is 8). Thoroughly enjoying my time with the game.

Also playing Castle Crashers with my friends irl and we are having fun. Game is surprisingly difficult even for a party so we are grinding our characters.

On analogue pocket: Rocket Slime 1 (GBA). LOVE the game to death and this is my third playthrough of the game. Going to play through the whole series in coming months.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Have been playing Resident Evil Village quite a bit, and want to finish it this or next week. Feels like a big improvement from 7. It no longer has quite the same horror feel, but it gains so much from embracing action a little more. Feels like a perfect balance where it's not a an outright character action game like DMC or honestly, even RE6 or RE5 was, but it retains enough of the horror trappings to feel actually scary at moments while having enough action moments to maintain a good pace. Between this and RE2 (and 4) I really like the formula that Capcom has settled on.

Also started playing Nier Replicant √1.5, and so far it's pretty fun. A lot of the elements from Automata are clearly present here already, like the shmup like mechanics, and action foused combat. Presentation so far is also neat, if a bit simplistic. I expect that to change as we the story moves on, though.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I said I was gonna continue playing Yakuza 5 but Humble said no :cold-sweat:.
Been mostly playing Souldiers and am having a very good time. Iirc the game was received fairly negatively at launch, but they seem to have (mostly) turned it around with patches? It's not perfect and still sometimes a bit janky, but overall it's been fun.
Also played 2 hours of Mato Anomalies (impressions in the Steam thread).

A whole lot of other games-to-play got added to my list as well...

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Because of my new mouse I'm checking out some of my roguelite fps backlog this week.

Having so much fun with Roboquest. Still haven't beat the the game yet but getting close. Definitely one of the best fps roguelite that I've tried.

Necromunda: Hired Gun. Not feeling it. Enemies that hitscan and hard to see is not a good combination. Although the movement and shooting is pretty good. Maybe with leveling up and better gear the game will start being more fun for me, but I dunno. Gonna pass on this one for now.

Deadlink is pretty fun, only tried a couple of runs, but I'm liking Roboquest more so far. Maybe Ill come back for this later.

Also played Turbo Overkill and Sprawl. Both are very good as well. Great to see lots of great indie FPS.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

I started playing Phoenotopia: Awakening. I've been interested in this one for a long time now, it always looked like something I'd enjoy, and I wanted a break from grimdark games.

I'm just a few hours in and can't say too much so far. The game controls really well, there are some pretty nice puzzle platforming challenges, and the pixel art is great. You can notice that a lot of polish went into it during development, lots of small touches which don't just happen by chance. I'm looking forward to playing more.

(Also, runs on the Steam Deck OLED out of the box with 7W total power drain at 90 FPS. No idea why the official rating is incompatible)

Reactions: Cacher and YunoLumi

YunoLumi

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway

60+ hours into this game.. im on my xth save.. been messing around with trying to build a stable econemy so i can do the last few achievements.. i think this is the run.

Still doing my daily endgame grind runs leveling up the classes and unlocking the skilltrees and runes.

I have been checking in on this game with every update. The developer keeps updating the Playtest build for us early testers even though it was replaced with a demo. I will keep it installed as the save will continue into full release.

I started on this but i will probably wait til a finish Ratopia to play more.

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Just Cyberpunk 2077 at the moment, building up to the Phantom Liberty DLC.

I’ve got the last bit of Super Mario Bros. Wonder and A Highland Song waiting in the wings for when I finish that one. Should see me through to the end of Week 52, I think.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Been playing some more Adventure of Shuggy here and there.
Also started and finished The Swindle. It's alright! It would be better than alright if it controlled a little better. It's either missing inputs or has a bit of an input lag problem, and you all know how that is. Also the physics are sometimes a bit wonky.

Reactions: Cacher

spiel

Apr 17, 2019
Played Hardspace Shipbreaker all day (it's so addictive) and it's putting me on edge. I'm slowly chipping away at the debt shift by shift, but I get an awful, creeping dread that something bad will happen and all the progress I made will be for nothing. Which is great. I hope the game can deliver on the narrative it's building around workers' rights.

• Hug
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Played Hardspace Shipbreaker all day (it's so addictive) and it's putting me on edge. I'm slowly chipping away at the debt shift by shift, but I get an awful, creeping dread that something bad will happen and all the progress I made will be for nothing. Which is great. I hope the game can deliver on the narrative it's building around workers' rights.
Fantastic game. The music helps make the experience special.

spiel

Apr 17, 2019
Fantastic game. The music helps make the experience special.
Oh yeah really dig the country/folksy music, it's a nice contrast against the corporate dystopian hellspace hellscape. Actually it reminded me a lot of Bastion.

• Love