Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 51 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Week 51, we are closing in! What are you playing?

I haven't been having the urge to play videogames much lately, so I am only playing Marvel's Midnight Suns during weekends. Not much to say, it continues to be a fun game.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I'm running around in Ryza 3 exploring stuff on my spirit beast, gathering and crafting, hours are passing by, it's enjoyable and it's super relaxing!

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I'm playing the PC port of Zelda II and getting my butt kicked in the process. It's so tough when you don't know what you're doing.

I'm also playing the PC port of Link's Awakening. It's not as critical, since I've played through the GBC version recently. Still, I'm really enjoying it.

Lastly, I forgot to finish Super Mario RPG. Maybe I'll handle that this week. Or next week.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Tormented Souls, Nexomon: Extinction, Yakuza 5 and I've also went back to Honkai Impact cause the 1.5 storyline is gonna end soon and in February or March Part 2 will start, and I figured it's time to start catching up again. I'm very curious how big of a shake-up the Part 2 "reboot" is gonna end up being.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I'm prepping for FF7 Rebirth by playing the Crisis Core remake. The story is pure mid-2000s cringe and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Mmh, Baldur's Gate 3 hopefully in short pause. I love it but it tires me somehow.

PC - Against the Storm, rogue-lite city builder. Very good, though the runs are quite long (but that may be due to inexperience).
Deck - Gravity Circuit, indie-Megaman with a more modern difficulty. Still hard for me, but doable. Charming.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising Unfortunately, it's a buggy mess outside of the core gameplay, but thankfully it works great once you get into a match.

Against the Storm It's a bit of a slow start, but it finally clicked for me. I had a run nearly fall apart because I was missing a few key components to supply chains I needed, and scrambling to figure out a path to victory was insanely fun. Super cool game.

My Friendly Neighborhood This one's got a really charming presentation, and seems to do a good job of mapping survival horror mechanics to an FPS where you have quick aim in a thoughtful way. (Movement that isn't straightforward is very slow, and enemies have massive melee ranges to compensate for how effective you can be.)

Slay the Spire Comfort game. Approaching 850 hours, and it just keeps getting more fun.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Man, what I'm NOT playing atm.

Jedi Fallen Order, playing on Xbox because PC version stutters a lot.
Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, playing on Xbox because I thought the PC version would be crap.
Super Mario Wonder
NFS Unbound
And my usual fix of Dead by Daylight.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor: The stutters and the skip frames are killing this really fun game. And the white flashes which I think is occlusion culling needed a mod to fix. Can't edit engine.ini as well. They fuck up the cutscene with the latest patch, which freezes now at the beginning. After 7 plus patches as well. Jedi Fucking Christ.

Uncharted 4: Night and day difference in terms of smoothness than Jedi Survivor. Gameplay's still the usual Uncharted dross though.

Dusk HD. Smooth and fun and indie.

Sifu: Fun. With UE4 shader stutters which is not so bad here at least, because you're playing the same levels over and over again anyway after a while.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Making my way slowly through Chaos;Child. Coming from Chaos;Head, this really feels so much better than that game, having a lot of fun with it.
Also playing Legends of Nayuta, a bit. Really feels like Zwei 3, with some Trails jargon mixed in for good measure. Not that I'm complaining.

Reactions: Cacher