Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 8 of 2024)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Continuing Dragon Quest 2. I got the ship so should be around the midway point. The world suddenly opens up and now I am exploring places from the first game. I have a feeling that this adventure is going to be longer than what I expected.

Also put some time into Hardspace Shipbreaker again thanks to Parsnip. Still the best game to release stress after work.

Last edited:

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Tomb Raider 1 - Thanks to the new Aspyr remaster collection I am finally giving this a try. This was one of the classic games that passed me by, I remember my older cousins playing it on PS1 and my exposure otherwise has been minimal. What I have found is a really interesting and challenging take on a platformer. So far I have finished the Peru chapter and plan to keep chipping away on the trilogy.

Final Fantasy VII - This is another one that I never had the chance to play when I was younger. I've become a huge fan of FF7 Remake and Crisis Core and felt like I owed it to myself to finally play this. I've just reached Cosmo Canyon and I'm currently trying to catch up to City of the Ancients before Rebirth releases at the end of the month.

Helldivers 2 - Like many others, I am absolutely enthralled by this game, but server issues have been preventing me from playing it most nights. I'll continue playing this with my friends once they iron out the issues.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I started playing Trails to Azure.

I got motivation to do so after that feature I recently implemented. Because if I play Azure then after I finish it I can move on with Cold Steel 4, and when I finish that I can play Reverie, and when I finish that I can play Daybreak. Some time in 2026.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Finishing up the first Route in Nier Replicant. Funny enough, I think replaying the main story in Nier 1 will be so much easier than in Automata, since the game is super short, once you have done all the sidequests. Due to the constant need to travel back and forth between areas, and the need to grind of items (which I might have cut short due to cheating cough cough), they take up the vast majority of your time. The actual main story is a breeze in comparison. What is also nice in Nier 1 is that I can turn off the framelimit to get a free turbo mode (as it runs at 120+ FPS unlocked on my machine, so twice the speed)

Also been playing Ace Attorney Apollo Trilogy, and currently in the third case of AJ. Coming up to that famous video puzzle that fans of the series seem to loathe.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Also been playing Ace Attorney Apollo Trilogy, and currently in the third case of AJ. Coming up to that famous video puzzle that fans of the series seem to loathe.
It was not as bad as I remember lol. Maybe they adjust the pacing a bit in the remaster?

Kuroyume

Spokes for the Wheel of Torment
Oct 21, 2018
Been splitting my time between playing Infinite Wealth, Halo Infinite multiplayer, and Ravenlok (for MS Rewards daily achievements).

Really want to finish Infinite Wealth before Rebirth is released. Game is overwhelming in terms of content. I'm at Ch 6 (right after Dondoko is introduced) and have 61 hours in the game. :dizzy-face: LOL. Every time I play these games I always get sidetracked by the substories and random mini games. Have 45 of 52 substories completed so far. The substories, ranking up jobs by going through the Hawaiian Hunt dungeon, and the Sujimon stuff has eaten up so much of my game time. I wish I could focus on Dondoko but that feels like a game in itself whereas the Ichiban Holdings mini games felt a lot less like work to yield money.

Still playing Halo Infinite. After being addicted to the Fiesta playlist I have discovered the broken insanity of Husky Raid. Very fun chaos though.

Ravenlok is a very easy and quick way to get an achievement for the daily MS Rewards thing. Game is alright. Incredibley basic hack and slash RPG, but the game has beautiful art sometimes.