Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 9 of 2024)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Returned to Ace Attorney 5 after a short break. Continuing putting time into case 5-2 and now in the second investigation session. I remember playing this one with English translation years ago and I don't like how the story was told. Now that I am replaying this in Japanese, I feel that the story flows a tad better but the pacing still feels off. Surely one of the weaker cases in the whole series. Hopefully I can finish it asap and go to the DLC case next.

Reactions: C-Dub

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Finally finished Persona 3 Reload on Monday. Now I’m playing Another Code: Recollection.

Should make for a nice change of pace from a long JRPG.

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I've been playing a lot more Shipbreaker than I expected even after I finished the story in the normal mode.
Been doing the 1 life mode and just died. :rip:
Measure twice, cut once.

• Toucan
Reactions: Cacher

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Taking a bit of a break with Cold Steel 3 and have instead started Astlibra - and I'm loving it. Story's interesting, gameplay is fun as hell (gives me Ys vibes with how just satsifying it feels) and the progression is really addictive.

Reactions: Cacher and Durante

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm still playing Trails to Azure. It's a game that demands time, but I find it really engaging when it gets going. Also, it's an absolutely perfect Deck game (if I do say so myself).

• Comfy
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Finished 5-2 of AA5. I think the main twist is cool, but on the other hand it is not convincing as I expect the information should have been shared earlier by the plaintiff. The writer tried to pack too much stuff into one single case; masked man, yokai folklore, locked room trick, politics, father and daughter... which makes everything underdeveloped. This is honestly my least favorite case in the whole AA series.

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
still playing Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, finished chapter 11 now so i'm probably ~75% or so of the way into it

i've also been playing Last Epoch a bit but only for a few hours or so with how much of a mess the servers have been

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Taking my time with Apollo Justice Trilogy, still in the third case of AJ.

And started playing Greedfall, the latest RPG from Spiders. Pretty impressive how much they are imitating classic BioWare with this. The quest design kinda annoys me a bit so far, but I'm also still very early in the game.

And also started the point and click game, Vodoo Detective.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
The writer tried to pack too much stuff into one single case; masked man, yokai folklore, locked room trick, politics, father and daughter... which makes everything underdeveloped.
The antagonist in that case made everything so convoluted. It's not necessarily hard, puzzle-wise, but I feel like it can be simplified without losing too many turnabouts. :flare_lmao:

• This!
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
The antagonist in that case made everything so convoluted. It's not necessarily hard, puzzle-wise, but I feel like it can be simplified without losing too many turnabouts. :flare_lmao:
They are also so overly confident during the whole case. They must be so proud of the main trick lol.

DrShrapnel

Shuwatch!
Oct 14, 2021
Shadow Warrior 3: There’s been games where 20hrs goes by in the blink of an eye, and then there’s games like SW3 where I’m looking at the time wondering how much more I’ve got to go.
I’ve enjoyed the series, and had a blast with SW2 - but SW3 just isn’t grabbing me. I can’t really put my finger on it, because the game does so much right. Beautiful graphics, fun traversal, a decent arsenal of punchy guns, and a variety of colorful cartoonish enemies to blast. On paper I should be loving this, but I think the constant rinse and repeat of traversal, shooting arena, traversal shooting arena, etc… is boring me.
I think it’s time I admit to myself that I prefer slower paced adventures. Still determined to get through it though. I’ve been doing my best to finish more of what I start, and clear a little of my backlog.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (PS5), Balatro (Steam), Risk of Rain Returns (Steam), Galactic Civilizations 3 (Steam) and Age of Empires 2 DE (Steam).