Opinion What is the most weirdest thing anyone has said to you?

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
I was drinking in a town square in public and some girl came in and told me that I look like a German. I'm not sure if she was insulting me or not.

Second weird thing happened in the same damn square while I was rollerskating, small child pointed at me and said to her mom "Look... A Chinese person" and the woman immediately told her kid not to stare.

Third time was when I was hungover in the freezer of the cold foods section and yet again some kid came in... Pointed at me lying amidst the ice-cream and asked her mother if I was sick...

All in all people say the darnest things.

Teggy

Patiently waiting for Wet 2
Dec 2, 2018
Nothing too crazy, but my wife’s uncle asked me if I was Greek or Italian. This was some years after my wedding, which I’m pretty sure he was at, and I think it’s well known in the family that I’m the only person married in that was raised Jewish.

Teggy

Patiently waiting for Wet 2
Dec 2, 2018
I always read it as “schnitzel free”, which was sad, because I love schnitzel and we should not be free of schnitzel. “Schnitzel fee” I don’t get, unless it refers to a fee for eating schnitzel, which would be bad, unless it’s just the menu price. Oh, then “schnitzel free” could actually be good.

Reactions: lashman

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I'm sure there's plenty but one that always stood out was from around 15+ years ago.

I used to only cycle instead of drive. I would hang out at my friend's house most every night and head home around 2am which required around an 8 mile (13km) bike ride home and since there'd be very little traffic I'd just go through downtown Eugene, OR on my way. One night as I was largely zoning out doing my normal ride I realized some guy was full on sprinting straight at me from a couple blocks away. Since I was on a bicycle I didn't bother changing my path and assumed he'd veer off. Instead at around one block away I realized he was laughing maniacally and screaming, "FEAR THE SICKNESS! RUN FROM THE SICKNESS!" and nonsense of that sort. This was all interspersed by insane laughter.

He ended up deciding getting hit by me on my bicycle wasn't the best idea and instead passed by a few meters to my side still going at a full sprint laughing and screaming.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm sure there's plenty but one that always stood out was from around 15+ years ago.

I used to only cycle instead of drive. I would hang out at my friend's house most every night and head home around 2am which required around an 8 mile (13km) bike ride home and since there'd be very little traffic I'd just go through downtown Eugene, OR on my way. One night as I was largely zoning out doing my normal ride I realized some guy was full on sprinting straight at me from a couple blocks away. Since I was on a bicycle I didn't bother changing my path and assumed he'd veer off. Instead at around one block away I realized he was laughing maniacally and screaming, "FEAR THE SICKNESS! RUN FROM THE SICKNESS!" and nonsense of that sort. This was all interspersed by insane laughter.

He ended up deciding getting hit by me on my bicycle wasn't the best idea and instead passed by a few meters to my side still going at a full sprint laughing and screaming.
fucking hell o_O

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
fucking hell o_O
Meth is a bit of a problem for the area so that could be some explanation. I would have thought it was someone just having a laugh but seeing as how they seemed to be sprinting before and after I came along I didn't seem to be the main impetus behind their actions.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Meth is a bit of a problem for the area so that could be some explanation. I would have thought it was someone just having a laugh but seeing as how they seemed to be sprinting before and after I came along I didn't seem to be the main impetus behind their actions.
yeah ... and at 2am too ... i would've had a heart attack or something, lol

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
Teggy

I somehow missed this... so late answer...
thats a common misconception with my name... its a german "name", not english... schnitzelfee = schnitzel fairy... so it is free schnitzel after all :smart-thinking-blob:

and on topic... Im really not sure what the weirdest thing is that somebody said to me :thinking-blob:

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
On the topic of strangers misidentifying us: I'm born and raised in Oregon in the US. My family has been in the country for many generations so we just sound local. Some guy asked me a question on the train about a year ago and I think my answer was "No thanks" or something similar. He immediately went into a whole "Oh, you're Ukrainian!? I love Ukraine!" He probably went on for about thirty seconds with me just staring at him listening before I finally stopped him and said, "I'm sorry, I'm not Ukrainian. Anyhow, my stop, have a nice day!" and he was just all "Whatever guy!"

I have been told I have a bit of an Eastern European look a couple times so I guess that could have lead to his misconception? My family did come from Germany, though, so even that's not entirely correct.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
We was at a bike meet once, and this random guy came up to our group and started saying "Snap Parker?" "Snap Parker?"
Like he was asking us if we'd seen someone called Snap Parker or something.
We just told him we didnt know what he was talking about and he wandered off, looking confused as shit.

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
We was at a bike meet once, and this random guy came up to our group and started saying "Snap Parker?" "Snap Parker?"
Like he was asking us if we'd seen someone called Snap Parker or something.
We just told him we didnt know what he was talking about and he wandered off, looking confused as shit.
Snap Parker?

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

SaviourMK2

A Kamen Rider just passing through
Jan 1, 2019
At my 2nd job at a gas station back in.... 2014 I wanna say. This really attractive girl came in (clearly drunk) and kept telling me to go to the bathroom with her so she could give me a blowjob. I'm not an attractive guy, I'm pretty overweight and lacked a lot of self confidence so I was startled because I didn't know how to respond other than "No thanks, I couldn't" I had recently just got a GF and she was drunk, it wouldn't be right.
Mind you her friend left her with me at the counter while she looked for snacks and drinks.
She didn't like it when I said no several times, her friend just laughed as she let her say this stuff but finally decided to step in when it reached a boiling point when the girl began to get a little more angry threatening to rape me if I didnt go into the bathroom and screw her.

26 years of living and I've never had that kind of encounter before, it was so weird to be wanted.