Support What makes you happy?

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Buddhists have a teaching, that if you eliminate desire, you can eliminate suffering as well. Without desire, you'd be content with what you have, and therefore happy. It's a good message, akin to "stop and smell the roses," which reminds people to appreciate what they have. Ultimately, my aim with this thread is for it to be complementary to our "mental struggle" thread. Yin and yang. Posi vibes only, lit fam af.

Full of piss and rage, I grew up a fairly angsty teen. If one thing wasn't pissing me off; I was struggling with heartbreak, poverty, my mother's mental illnesses, and my own personal depression. Which ultimately makes me smile in retrospect, because while things aren't perfect now, I look around and realize I'm running out of things to truly be upset about. Tbh, I'm not really used to this.

The house I live in is nicer than the one I grew up in. There's at least 6 dudes who I'm on a "help me bury this decapitated stripper's body and don't say a word" level of friendship with, and my dog couldn't be more loyal either. I sleep in a king sized bed, and have both a home office and a den. I wear Ralph Lauren, J. Crew, and Bonobos regularly at home (all purchased pre-owned, of course), or at my cozy cubicle job where I feel well-liked and appreciated. I actually just won a $50 gift card there the other day. Last year, I'd often wonder where my next meal was coming from, now I drink freshly ground french pressed boutique coffee every morning.

Most of this I've mentioned in other threads, but it's nice to remind myself just how well I have it these days. Keeps me fighting. My ultimate goal is to start a family of my own, and raise them here. Me and dating is a whole 'nother can of worms. In time, I feel that too will fall into place. Also I need a new car... but this boutique coffee be costin'

So... what makes you happy?

OP
teezzy

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
There is only thing that makes me happy, it's being in a state where time just stops and I'm fully in the moment, and for that there is only one way, in pleasant company of a nice girl, where it has progressed enough for panties to come off.
You sure you're not a Richard Kern devotee? :unsure:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
There are so many things that make me happy! :giggle:

• seeing my daughter being happy
  • watching a great TV-show in the arms of my wife
  • spending time with friends or family
  • eating my favorite food
  • water slides
  • having some me-time and playing a good game
  • drinking cocktails at the beach
  • going on vacation
  • watching my cat washing herself on my lap
  • meeting new/nice people
  • sleeping until noon
  • fun fairs
  • and much, much more!

in pleasant company of a nice girl, where it has progressed enough for panties to come off.
Well yeah, that still applies when you're married, although nothing beats the first time a girls panties come off. :sneaky:

OP
teezzy

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
To quote Chino Moreno from Deftones, "I want to watch the world explode from underneath your clothes."

z1ggy

No Anime
Apr 17, 2019
I love making music and being at the backyard with my stuff and pets, doing a walk early in the morning at weekends is amazing a well!

A good dinner with friends and the silence of the night.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
You sure you're not a Richard Kern devotee? :unsure:
Actually not familiar! But I'm so bad at looking up other photographers, but after a quick google search it seems like one I should look up more.:D Still have to look up others you recommended in photography thread.XD

Well yeah, that still applies when you're married, although nothing beats the first time a girls panties come off. :sneaky:
Haha yeah. Sure if the chemistry is strong the first time, it usually is strong all other times too.:D

Reactions: teezzy and Ge0force

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
-Pets
-Hikes
-Bike rides
-Exploring new things/places
-Great book
-Personal accomplishment
-My GF
-My Nephews
-My Friends

Happy is the simple on paper feeling that is impossible to nail down because it is so mixed up with other emotions.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Watching the farm cats we have grow up and develop their own unique traits.

Playing with my indoor cats. I can't help but smile every time I'm playing with my oldest cat and seeing how aggressively she still pursues toys.

The biggest for me is helping folks. If I'm able to put a smile on someone else's face or at least make their day a little brighter then it makes me pretty happy as well.

And my weirdest is probably fog. I love dense fog and going for walks when it's happening. The odd silence is strangely calming. :shrugblob:

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018

Grew up with one of these across the street from my house and I cannot explain to you the joy I get from walking up to one to order a chili cheese dog...Reading, playing games with friends, a good chat, and a good session of grilling alone or with friends. Going to the movies alone. Petting my dogs. Air conditioning. Good health.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Finishing a really good game makes me melancholic because it ends. Same with a good book and series.
Definitely. I especially love bittersweet endings in games because I simply can't stop thinking about it and it will stay in my mind for days. Ys VIII is a prime example of this, or Trails 3rd.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I can’t answer either, not that I’m never happy but ehhh...
One thing that would transport me over the moon is a social circle of people that love me, or like me I’m not too picky.

There was a tv ad several years ago on French tv. Basically a man entered a bar and discovered all his friends waiting for him. Like, the place was full. I’m not far from thinking it must feel like heaven on earth. Me ? No social life and no family life beside my mother.
When I think about the ad I’m basically :cryblob: and :awwblob:

Reactions: teezzy
OP
teezzy

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
I can’t answer either, not that I’m never happy but ehhh...
One thing that would transport me over the moon is a social circle of people that love me, or like me I’m not too picky.

There was a tv ad several years ago on French tv. Basically a man entered a bar and discovered all his friends waiting for him. Like, the place was full. I’m not far from thinking it must feel like heaven on earth. Me ? No social life and no family life beside my mother.
When I think about the ad I’m basically :cryblob: and :awwblob:
Just start talking to people dude, the more you do it the more you'll get the hang of it oh, believe me everyone is just as awkward As You Are

Reactions: Li Kao
OP
teezzy

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
You guys know what makes me happy? NHL pre-season

Also this:

I dare you to be sad while listening to the cantina song, you monsters

Reactions: NarohDethan

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
  • My days off.
  • When my vegetables grow and I can pick them!
  • A good tip or praise for my work.
  • Good beer.
  • Discount beer.
  • Meme-rounds in R6 Siege with friendly randoms.
  • Saving up for something and then finally buying it.
  • Getting absorbed into something so much that you lose track of time.
  • When gacha goes well instead of horribly wrong lol.
======

The sad reality of making such a list is that it dawns on me... I stopped looking for happiness from others a long time ago. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Post-game depression is real
Also this, yeah. I like being absorbed into a game but once it ends... I kinda feel lost?

Reactions: ISee and teezzy

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
  • My days off.
  • When my vegetables grow and I can pick them!
  • A good tip or praise for my work.
  • Good beer.
  • Discount beer.
  • Meme-rounds in R6 Siege with friendly randoms.
  • Saving up for something and then finally buying it.
  • Getting absorbed into something so much that you lose track of time.
  • When gacha goes well instead of horribly wrong lol.
======

The sad reality of making such a list is that it dawns on me... I stopped looking for happiness from others a long time ago. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Also this, yeah. I like being absorbed into a game but once it ends... I kinda feel lost?
No waifus on that list?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
  • Finally letting go of my worries and being allowed to just be in the moment, absorbed in a world or something I like.
  • Being in nature, in an incredible place or a mountain. Just walking, taking photos, enjoying how it all feels.
  • Finding a game I instantly fall in love with and enjoying that honeymoon. Then, enjoying it more as it gets even better and more involved with time.
  • Getting past anxieties and managing to draw, to write, to do something I like, past the fear of failing at them.
  • Snacks, coffee, cats, reading you people.

Reactions: ISee and teezzy

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
It's corny, but spending time with my family is bringing me joy. Watching a movie, going to a museum, to a restaurant, going out to eat ice-cream or just spending time together at home. Doesn't matter what, as long as it is something we are doing as a group.

And now to contradict myself: I also love being alone in nature. Just me and my dog. Walking for miles, having nobody around, no buildings, no car no sounds, no speech. Just following a direction, without a destination and having beautiful nature around me. My father likes going into the wood to gather mushrooms. I'm not that kind of person and hated when he took me with him, but the older I get, the more I understand him. It's like a meditation.

There are many more things I like doing, like gaming, pc tuning or reading books. Other things give me purpose and meaning like "doing a good job", caring for my family, being appreciated by colleges, spending time with friends. But those two things are what really makes me happy.

So yeah, that's me: Boring, central European guy. Likes family and nature.
(I guess teenage me would hate grown up me)

Reactions: Li Kao and teezzy

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Got the ok for a new apartment today, so tomorrow i'll sign the contract
And then, from the first of december, this sweet home will be mine :H02excited:

For a one time price of 4K i'll also be able to keep almost all of the furniture.
That makes me really fucking happy right now :HappyKawakami:

Best thing, the dude who lived there prior put lan- and audio cabels around the wooden structures for internet and 5.1 surround sound systems, lad's a genius and i look forwar to using his work

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018

For a one time price of 4K i'll also be able to keep almost all of the furniture.

Best thing, the dude who lived there prior put lan- and audio cabels around the wooden structures for internet and 5.1 surround sound systems, lad's a genius and i look forwar to using his work
That's a really nice looking apartment! Congrats!

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

lashman and I will move in with you. Waifu party!